Vesicare and Myrbetriq

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone on here ever taken Vesicare or Myrbetriq?

If so, how effective were they, and what were the side effects?

These are supposed to be bladder relaxants, and many people have reported good results with them when dealing with urinary frequency, but others have reported significant side effects.

Thanks,

Neal

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi-

I took them both and they didn't help.I've also tried Oxybutynin CL which also didn't work.

My Dr. also had me take them in different combinations. It hasn't helped.

I took the meds before and after green light laser surgery (which was also unsucessful). This doesn't mean that they aren't effective, it might only work for a certain percentage of cases.

All my vitals were good prior to the surgery (psa levels, healthy prostate). My basic issue was getting up constantly in the evening hours. My Dr. told me I was a good candidate. I now realize I should have done more research and not trusted my Dr. I will be seeing a new Dr. soon. 

• Posted

It sounds like you have something else wrong. Thanks for your response. It means I need to do more research.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.