vestibular issues and other symptoms related??

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have vestbular issues on the ride side ear, i have done 10sessions of rehab but i have other disabilitated issues and i have to sit most of the time or lay down: my right side of body is really heavy especially especially my head and right eyes as if a nerve inside is pulling me , i feel it tensed always, also developped a neuralgia, is it related? doctors dont tell me anything, but the feeling is making tired really, my eye is blurring  also , feel my body is weak on right part and especially my head on the right, i feel a nerve in the head fromeye to ear and behind the skull pushing my body on the right ,  if so what can i do??? if it neck related???, i saw an osteo , made it worse, i have to pass an mri in two months but i doubt they will something, thank you

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

With regards to vestibular issues, what was the diagnosis?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

i have deficit on the right ear i dont remember the %, around 35......but i have progressed towards it.
    • Posted

i dont know if there is a nerve connected to my eye , the ear, the heaviness sensation and the pain..the right eye is now an issue, opthalmo told me nothing....(of course no sign of vital emergency)
    • Posted

i went to emergency eye, a doctor told me I have different pupils or something like that , wanted me to do exams, but i had to see another doctor, he examined my eye and told me no....so i dotn know who i can turn to now as I feel there is an eye problem
    • Posted

Was this other doctor a neurologist?

• Posted

no the first one was an "intern" who wanted to pass me an neuro ophtalmo exam, the other was his chief ophtalmo , he told me to go to a neuro, i went to emergency i waited 9 hours and the neuro had to see other people first and i was told it is not sure that i will pass exams now....i have to pass a MRI in one month but i dont know if an classic MRI we can see something considering the eye

• Posted

good afternoon Elefherio, MRI done nothing concerning vessels, anuvrysm etc etc, still at the same point, 14 sessions of rehab done, little progress, I have an eye that is sunken on the same side and a pupil more dilated and the eye is not at the same level i have noticed, can it be related to the vestibular issue? what exam do i have to do? doctors dont know what exam to pass me, i have seen rhumatolog, neurolog, opthalmo who does seems concerned....they told me a scan of eyes and behind...I cant walk very far and not enter to a shop mainly due to the eye i have discovered...
    • Posted

Concerning the need for an eye scan, didn't the MRI cover the eye areas?

• Posted

I had an MRI MRA for carotid dissection or aneuvysm suspection but nothing on this side, I dont know i can see the eye in the picture and the brain but i dont know if they have focused on it as they told me it is for vessels mainly to see if there is a problem....
    • Posted

Ok, it was an MRA and not an MRI.  I agree with the eye having to be imaged to clarify things.

• Posted

the MRI was coupled with the MRA i was told, hope a scan will be sufficient concerning the eye.....
  • Posted

Hi Anne!

I have right side ear etc affected also. I have the same symptoms as you especially the heaviness on the right side, ear fullness, and my right arm/ hand always feels weird. Had CT scan and blood work and doctors can tell me nothing. I am currently doing vestibular therapy and it seems to be helping. My balance has improved and I have less shaking. I would wake up shaking to the point of not being able to concentrate in the morning. Do you take anything that helps with symptoms ?? Hope you are feeling better soon

• Posted

yes rehab is helping....nothing helps......i am not crazy , i never had this before, and now the eye....
    • Posted

How long has this been going on? Hang in there. My eyes have Looked funny also. Like my pupils are really small all the time? Pretty sure it's the vestibular system messing with us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.