vestibular issues and other symptoms related??

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have vestbular issues on the ride side ear, i have done 10sessions of rehab but i have other disabilitated issues and i have to sit most of the time or lay down: my right side of body is really heavy especially especially my head and right eyes as if a nerve inside is pulling me , i feel it tensed always, also developped a neuralgia, is it related? doctors dont tell me anything, but the feeling is making tired really, my eye is blurring  also , feel my body is weak on right part and especially my head on the right, i feel a nerve in the head fromeye to ear and behind the skull pushing my body on the right ,  if so what can i do??? if it neck related???, i saw an osteo , made it worse, i have to pass an mri in two months but i doubt they will something, thank you

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I may have a clue about what my problem is related to.  

I saw 2 ENT doctors.  The first one said I possibly have balance and hearing nerve damage.  I figured he was a quack so I went to a larger medical system and saw an ENT doctor.   He tried 20 days of methylprednisone and that didn't seem to do anything.  He thought I had inflammation of the inner ear.  He did 2 left ear injections because the quack doctors VNG test showed a deficency in the left ear, 45%.  That did nothing.  So then we moved to taking prednisone.  I probably did 25 days, 30mg a day.  It seemed to improve but the days in between each 5 day cycle that I didn't take it I reverted back.   This probably lowered my immune system and I got a urinary tract infection which got into my circulatory system.  I spent 5 days in the hospital.  While I was there I was telling the physician assigned to me about my head/ear issues.  She told me she suspects it is related to spinal fluid pressure.  She recommended and referred me to see a neurologist.  I am scheduled for that next month.  I didn't have much dizziness and no vertigo when this started about a year ago.  My head/ears feel like they are stuffed with cotton at times.  I get nausea's and definitely heart palpitations.   A relative told me about this, Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension (Pseudotumor Cerebri) after I mentioned what the doctor told me.   I have many of the same symptons.   Some days I feel sort of okay and others just as sick as can be.   The prednisone would have been relieving swelling.  The only over the counter relief I have found effective is ibprofen which also reduces swellling.          

• Posted

I also dumped my primary care physician and moved to a female doctor that was also assigned to me at the hospital.  Get this he told me I may have to live with the pulsating ringing in my ears.  Idiot!

Somewhere there was a news article about you get better care from a female doctor than male.  I believe it!   

• Posted

yes , i dont know, all the doctors i see tell me nothing at all i am really upset about french doctors i saw 4 doctors in one week and an osteo! result: suffering and i dont know why , a dilated pupil and no one knows!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Posted

What I have found here in the USA is that doctors want to see the notes from other doctors.   I am told if I go to Mayo's here that they start from the beginning and won't use another doctors notes or tests.    

• Posted

yes Marc...still feel the same, went to osteo for the second time, nothing helps.....i dont understand my dizziness is worse now despite vestibular rehab, eye vision different in that side, heaviness head , i cant make rotations like normal just my body must stay straight , desperate...waiting for MRI i doubt....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.