Vestibular neuritis

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

my story goes like this

I was at the grocery store feeling 100% took my baby in my hands bended sideways to get food and when i came back up everything started going swaying badly

So thats how this all started its been 7 weeks now and these are my symptoms from this -Short memory loss

-concentration is bad

-Out of space feeling lost disoriented

-Seeing the room crooked

-Vision not working with brain fast enough

-Dizzy

- objects moving in out sideways

-Walking on marshmallows

-No notion of time

-Watching tv is hard

-No fluid thinking

-Pressure in head

-Sleep is horrible

-Feels like somebody cut my brain and put it on the side

-Loss of balance

-Swaying

-Feeling pulling sensation

-bright lights hard on vision

Note i have tinitus for 6 years before this curently off work ,cant drive,and walking is like a dream also grocery stores are just crazy weird

Plz help im 30 years old need recovery stories hope something

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Forgot to note i did ct scan blood work seen 2 neurologist seen physiotherapist took serc no help so far curently taking sleeping pills because i was sleeping like 3 hours a night
  • Posted

Sounds like vestibular neuritis.  You need to see an Otologist and start vestibular rehab.  It's the only thing that works.  I'm a year out now and I'm starting to feel better.  Only after the rehab.  Don't waste your time with an ENT.  They're useless when it comes to this.

• Posted

Im curently awaiting an mri and i have been doing vrt exercises i feel like this is it my life sucks now so fed up of not feeling like myself my wyfe does everything for me i feel so useless
  • Posted

Have you seen a ENT they told me that I've got vestibular neuronitis I do not like going into supermarket I start to feel weird. When I'm sitting I feel like the chair is rocking. I was told I've got a weak balance system in my left ear. Have you been sent for vestibular rehabilitation exercises

• Posted

Seen 2 ent waiting for mri how long are u in this so far , yes i am doing vrt and dosent seem to change anything
    • Posted

Just over a year l now how you feel my husband as to do everything for me how long have you been doing the exercises for you got to keep up with them. When I seen the Ent he told me to march on the spot with my eyes closed with my arms out straight count to 50 when I opened my eyes l turned to the left. If you are swaying when standing on the spot try standing with eyes closed count to 50 then do the same standing on a cushion.try and keep moving about it will help you are you still taking sec?
    • Posted

I forgot to tell you the ENT see a nystagmus in my left eye. Did your ENT checked for that?
    • Posted

Plz tell me you feel bether a year for real im going on 2 months and going insane my house feels like a funhouse all crooked in a dream ive been doing the exercises for 3 weeks but not im giving that a break because feeling so bad i cant even cook for myself i feel so lost and your exercises sound a bit like mine and no im off the serc no nystagmus detected feels like my normal life is over i cant play with my son cauz everything is so unreal i look at him and i cry i dont feel like his hero anymore i cry so much i was a super dad before all of this now i feel like a zero
  • Posted

Sounds like you may have MdDS from what your describing ,Mal de Dembarqument syndrome ,but often having one you can have another with it . Miserable condition . Do you have tinnitus and any neck ache/ pain .? 
  • Posted

Charleg, I have labrynthitis. Causes all of your same symptons to different degrees at different times. A decongestant helps me with sleep. I take it at night. I am scheduled for surgery Thursday to clean out my sinuses and realign my septum. Try and ear, nose and throat doctor and see if you have infection. Good luck, prayers .
    • Posted

If you have the same symptoms can you take a walk drive work?

Nobody sees any infection and what is being done to your sinuses my ct scan revealed mucus in my left sinus inside stuck

How long are you in this so far

• Posted

A year now I have been trying to deal with this. Driving is horrible so I don't unless absolutely necessary. I mostly have sudden, severe vertigo with anxiety, etc.. nausea. Lights are a problem and my balance and vision are way off. They are correcting 5 things in my head/sinuses that are affecting my inner ear.

• Posted

I wish you the best of luck with the operation if they can fix you good i feel for you
  • Posted

Hey! I'm 28 years old and had the same symptoms as you. I have three kids so I totally understand how upset u feel. I'm on month 4 now but I am SO much better. My symptoms are very mild now. I can do most things. Still find stores hard but I still do it. Three months was the turning point for me so hang in there. It does get better. Stick with the exercises. Keep ur brain active, and try and do one thing a day u really struggle with. It helps the brain to compensate. Are u on any meds?

• Posted

I have 2 kids and i cant take care of them it kills me thanks for the advice i need it right now, the only med i take is sleeping pills at night and sometimes during the day well half a pill because it calm my symptoms alot so i can function more its weird but it works dont know why .does the lost feeling memory feeling go away
    • Posted

I spent many days in tears. My poor husband had no idea what to do lol! I was just so down. Felt like life was passing me by. But it does get better. All those symptoms u listed I had, and now I can say most of them have completely gone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.