Vestibular neuritis

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

my story goes like this

I was at the grocery store feeling 100% took my baby in my hands bended sideways to get food and when i came back up everything started going swaying badly

So thats how this all started its been 7 weeks now and these are my symptoms from this -Short memory loss

-concentration is bad

-Out of space feeling lost disoriented

-Seeing the room crooked

-Vision not working with brain fast enough

-Dizzy

- objects moving in out sideways

-Walking on marshmallows

-No notion of time

-Watching tv is hard

-No fluid thinking

-Pressure in head

-Sleep is horrible

-Feels like somebody cut my brain and put it on the side

-Loss of balance

-Swaying

-Feeling pulling sensation

-bright lights hard on vision

Note i have tinitus for 6 years before this curently off work ,cant drive,and walking is like a dream also grocery stores are just crazy weird

Plz help im 30 years old need recovery stories hope something

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Charleg, 

you will recover from this. i too have Vestibular Neuritis, currently on week 6. i have had good days and bad days, it can be extremly discouraging because we never know when it will end. what you need to start doing is start a diary, that has helped me so i can look back and realise i ahve had more good days than bad in certain weeks which means improvment usuall but unfortuantly yes i am still struggling but we need to try stay positive.

Hvae you noticed any particular triggers that can make your symtoms worse? try re introduce small amounts of things back into your lifestyle . usually get symtpms get a little worse around our cycle. have you noticed tihs? 

• Posted

I dont have good days its always the same everyday now ever since and no i cant seem to find out what makes it worse and cycle? Im sorry but if you mean periods i cant relate im a male
    • Posted

Oh right sorry! I thought i saw 'female' somewhere hahaha my mistake! smile

Do vrt exercises they will help and try exercise like walking when you can. As for the other time you need to rest and your body needs to fight vn if it came from a viral infection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.