Video Recording of PIP

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have just received an email telling me that the DWP are now running trial's to introduce video Recording of PIP assessment's, I'm thinking that in some ways it will be a step forward because then their will be no disputes when looking back at your interview neither party can claim to different conversation, the only reason im not keen is that i look horrendous on 📷 what are your opinions, if you don't want to answer then a points scoring reply will do, 1 reject and up to 10 if you consider it to be a good idea.

My main objection has to be that its v stressful already, will filming us make it even worse.

My score is 7

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I would personally give it a 9 as a female who had been receiving DLA for over 30 yrs, i had to claim P.I.P. as apparently DLA was being scrapped? This was in May 2015. After 2 claims & 2 appeals, one to the upper tribunal & one currently waiting to reply to a "statement of reasons," after being refused. The first assessment was done by an ignorant woman, whom i later found out was one of those from 'Atos' who told complete & utter lies in her report. The 2nd was a very nice lady who had worked as a nurse with patients with fibromyalgia for years, she agreed with virtually everything i said how i was suffering aswell as to the answers i gave to her questions? I tried my hardest to do the moves, touching your toes for example, she could see i was in a lot of pain already and told me i didn't have to do them as i was obviously in pain. The brown envelope finally came through the door to inform me i had yet again been refused! After later receiving the statement of reasons, i found out the report by the assessor had been 'twisted' around & made it look like i was lying about my condition/s - illnesses? I was fuming to say the least! Going to the tribunal, the board also looked at my first assessment done for claiming P.I.P. aswell as the 2nd. They decided to believe their reports over me & refused my appeal?!! If the assessments had been recorded, they would have seen that they were the ones who lied & twisted what i'd said & i would have won the appeal/s. This is why i think recording them is a great idea?!!

• Posted

Hi Angie13thangel,

I diagree with you that a recording would have helped you here. As i said on your other thread, PIP isn't about a diagnosis. When asking for the MR or Tribunal, you need to concentrate on which descriptors apply to you and not the lies that were told in the report. If you concentrate on the lies then your chances of a decision in your favour at a Tribunal are drastically reduced.

Did you have help from welfare rights or a law centre for the Tribunal? May i ask what evidence you sent to support your claim?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.