Visible heartbeat during panic attacks

Posted , 7 users are following.

I know that panic attacks cause heart palpitations but i was wondering if anyone else experiences pounding heart which is easily visible on the chest and upper abdomen. My heart beats very strongly asides from fast. Im afraid it cant handle beating like that. I read that too much fear can actually kill you. Also i can hear my heart beating in my ears very strongly. Anyone else?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Eli I have had this happen acouple of times know that it is scary but it will pass
    • Posted

Thank you carol, i just hope that my heart wont always be that sensitive to everything, this symptom is new to me and scares me so much sad

• Posted

That happened to me just last night. I laid down on my left side (heart side) and with my ear presed into the pillow. I heard my heart pounding away (not commom with me) and felt my heart pounding all down my left side. I did my breathing stuff, addressed the lying thought that was trying to tell me I have heart problems, (I know I do not) and then said, and meant....."at least it is beating, and beating strongly." Then I fell asleep.

• Posted

I don't think fear can kill you, or all of us who have suffered, or are suffering from anxiety, and panic attacks would be dead. I also get the beating in my ears. I think it's a spike in blood pressure, and no that won't kill you. I have been on meds for years and I suffer no more. If I did again, I would run, not walk back to my doctor and change them up.  Hurry up and get there if you want to stop this suffering

• Posted

A most excellent reply, Kimberly. exclaim The choir will say amen to your post.biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.