Vision Changes...Anyone Else???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I'm back with yet another issue. Has anyone had issues with blurred vision?

I don't have it all the time but I noticed that sometimes when I get that weird head sensations that I get a little blurry vision. It used to send me into a anxiety attack, but it doesn't anymore since I noticed it happen more than once. Again, I don't get it very often but when I do it's annoying. Just wondering of anyone else expierences this.

Jamie

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes. Every once in a while on my left eye. I believe blurred vision is a symptom associated with peri too.
    • Posted

I was wondering if it had any relation to peri. Usually my vision is fine. I've had two expierences with the blurred vision that would have for a day or so and then it would go away. I also noticed an increase in these crazy symptoms when it's time for my cycle that is a few days late. Last cycle was a week early. This peri stuff is all over the place.
  • Posted

Hi Jamie,  I have noticed this too over the past few yeas.  Ever once in a while it seems like my vision is "off"...slightly out of focus.  It's noting major but just enough that I can notice it.  This will last for a day and the next day it will be back to normal.  I do wear a high index eyeglass prescription which are trifocals and have had my eyes checked several times since I've noticed this.  The doctor says my eyes are healthy.  So I'm sure the blur rinses has something to do with fluctuating hormones.
    • Posted

Thank you for your response. I am starting to think it's fluctuating hormones as well. I'be noticed this twice before. I get it for a day or so and them it goes away.
  • Posted

Hello Jamie,

Do you wear glasses?

I started wearing Readers in peri before I had my hysterectomy.  My vision became blurry. Have you tried a pair?

• Posted

Hi Francine,

I have not tried glasses yet, but I certainly will try. My eyes are always good and healthy. I just started noticing these little out of focus moments since all these symptoms started.

• Posted

Hi,

You can get a pair of cheap readers at Dollar Tree. I definitely think that is your issue.  If your eyes are blurry at the computer or at night.  Thi is what happened to me at age 45.

• Posted

Yes I get this all the time.  Was worried for a while but then it improves again. Weird.  It seems to happen when i also feel pressure in the head.  another horrible symptom that comes and goes.  left eye always worse for some reason.
    • Posted

I thought that also was just me. I kept getting the weird head on and off then here comes the blurry vision where it seemed like i couldn't focus. Then it went away. I tried not to panic and i didn't since ive had this sensation before but its still a bit scary and annoying. When i told the doc about my weird head he said its my menses and anxiety and its common in women my age. I was thinking boy does he suck.
    • Posted

Hi jamie, yep, he sucks, he's the one with the problem.lol I cannot stand now the way the doctor looks sideways at me now when I mention blurred vision or twinges anywhere in my body, it's that 'here we go again' look.  Keeps saying you're a healthy woman, emphasis on 'woman' as it must be our fault for being born that way!!..   When is this over? anyone?
    • Posted

My GP doesn't even look at me when I'm talking. All I get is, you're fine, you just need to relax with script in hand for antidepressant. I decided to take this in my own hands and do all I can to help myself until I find a new GP. I don't like the feeling of being blown off especially when I am voicing my concerns.
    • Posted

that is why this forum is so good to have.  there is always someone here who is or has gone through the same thing and it's the best tonic as you can just come in and know that someone will listen.  Next time you go to the doctor, tell him to look at you when you speak  eek
    • Posted

Hi Jamie,

See if you can get a female GP who is old enough to have been through it.

Mine understands better than the male ones.

The only thing she didn't really get was why my lack of libido bothers me so much.

I guess maybe being a busy wife of another GP it doesn't bother her. Or perhaps it was never a big deal to her.

Apart from that she's at least willing to discuss it and has seemed quite impressed that I have done lots of research and know what's what in regards to HRT etc.

I'm sure if I had remained with the male GP I used to see I would be trying various anti depressants instead of HRT.

Also looking at my female GP she is wearing pretty well for her age so I'm guessing she is on it too.

• Posted

I'm definitely looking into a GP. One of my girlfriends referred me to a really good female GYN that she uses. I am going to schedule an appointment. Hopefully she can give me some good insight insight.
    • Posted

my libido is on the floor, hrt i know works for this, but not allowed it, i know there are supplements to help with libido, but jeez cant even have sex to cheer us up.
    • Posted

I found testosterone works. My doctor won't prescribe it or test for it.

I buy it online I can't say where because they moderate my posts.

I think it will be OK just to say Australia are the only country who have a testosterone product especially for women.

• Posted

Hi Elaine,

If you cannot take HRT you could try tribulus tetris and DHEA. They do help a bit with libido. I took horny goat weed for a while. It worked for my libido but the higher strength ones gave me a bad stomach.

• Posted

horny goat weed thats brilliant name isnt it??...............ha thanks for that.

• Posted

thats brilliant, no ive never heard of drs here in the UK, prescribing that, that is one of the hormones were down on, has it helped you with weight at all keeping it off your middle, because both testosterone and progesterone are the two hormones, that keep weight off the middle, and when we, or, men lose it ,due to menopause, thats when everything we eat goes on our middles. 
    • Posted

Hi Elaine,

I buy testosterone myself also the DHEA and tribulus tetris.

Decided to try them because of different studies I have read about. The Doctor prescribes the estrogen and progesterone parts and doesn't know about the other stuff.

• Posted

It does have a scientific name. I used it for a while. It does work for women and men.

When I got the strongest one it gave me a burning painful stomach. But worked even better than the Holland and Barrett one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.