Vision Changes...Anyone Else???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I'm back with yet another issue. Has anyone had issues with blurred vision?

I don't have it all the time but I noticed that sometimes when I get that weird head sensations that I get a little blurry vision. It used to send me into a anxiety attack, but it doesn't anymore since I noticed it happen more than once. Again, I don't get it very often but when I do it's annoying. Just wondering of anyone else expierences this.

Jamie

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

And yes, it comes and goes.  Eventually, you will need them for reading, computer.
  • Posted

Hi Jamie,

Yes I had it on and off in early peri then about 3 years later I needed reading glasses.

• Posted

Hi Angie,

At this point I don't know what part of peri I'm in. I'm over trying to figure this stuff out. I had the weird head and blurry vision a little this morning, and now I am spotting. I been in and out the bed all day today feeling all sorts of weird sensations. If them menses is going to come on fully, I wish it would. Then maybe thesee symtpoms would lighten up a little.

• Posted

I think it's easier to judge where you were in it after the event.

In my late 30s I'd say things were beginning to change. But in those days there were just odd days when things were not right.

The first time I had a crashing fatigue I was about 38 I thought it must be the start of flu I just felt suddenly really old. I didn't get that again until I was maybe 44, then I had a few days of it on and off for 6 months I was treated with b12 as that was low.

Then at 47 I didn't think it could get any worse it seemed to be with me constantly.

I have had a worse day since and after my periods stopped. But thank goodness just one day.

But I didn't even know this was a menopause symptom until last year and I was so relieved to find out it was to do with my hormones and not some dreadful disease.

Thankfully I didn't have many period symptoms, more painful and much lighter in the early days. Apart from that I have had all of the ones that are listed in 66 meno symptoms and some that aren't.

Also I have tried so many of the vitamins and minerals herbs and potions that women suggest on here and other prescribed Meds.

HRT has made a lot of improvements but I'm still not half the woman I was.

• Posted

it can be caused by low blood pressure which i have and when its low my vision becames blurred, some ladies on HRT have it due to side affects, but it can also be caused by menopause, we lose fluid from our eyes, its called dry eye syndrome, it causes blurred vision,  itching, and like you have grit in your eye which, then become very tired, and although that in itself causes watering, it makes it worse then with the grit feeling, like your eyes are burning awful, but thats purely down to hormones, you can get drops for it i believe, another thing to add to our every increasing shopping lists for all these symptoms. 
    • Posted

I'm sure its a hormonal deal as is most of the stuff going on with me. I will get some drops for it and try some readers. At this point in probably need glasses.
    • Posted

in your case like mine, if your blood pressure is already low, before the menopause.it can go lower during, I go to black out a lot more now than i use too when i stand, i can then tie it in with the blurry eyes the two for me come together, but i dont have it all the time, but ive always suffered with low blood pressure, mine has been made worse by hormones. Doesnt HRT take all your symptoms away??
    • Posted

Hi Elaine,

I've always had low blood pressure too. It's very slightly higher now I'm post meno. But still low enough to cause me to hang on to things when I get up. I've never blacked out with it. The only time it's been a problem is after anesthetic, not to me but the people caring for me. They don't want to let me get up. I had an op on my toe then needed pins removed in a quick op. I was first in expecting to leave by 2pm but I was the last one there. I panicked and asked the nurse what the problem was. Everyone else came back, sat up and an hour later they went home. I was still being kept laying down. She said your blood pressure is very low. I told her that was always the case. She went away and came back with someone else. They said OK sit up very slowly and are you OK? Do you feel dizzy? sick? I felt perfectly fine. Then they got me to stand up and seemed amazed that I was OK.

I've had it since but just told them my BP is always low.

I often get floating stars if I jump up quickly and when I used to do handstands or stand on my head.

With my eyes it was just here and there to begin with it almost felt as if there was something in my eyes but they got worse and worse and I needed reading glasses. It started up again last year and now I've got a cataract in the right one so that's always blurred.

I have been on HRT 3 months. When I started for about a week it was a wonder drug. My sleep went back to normal and depression lifted for 8 days.

Then my sleep went back to the way it was. I couldn't sleep at all. End up sleeping stupid hours usually early hours til lunch or later.

After about 6 weeks lots of my peri symptoms came back and I was thinking maybe HRT wasn't for me. I persevered with it and those symptoms lasted about 2 weeks.

Now my sleep has changed again and is much like early peri where I get to sleep after a while only to wake 3 hours later and have trouble getting back to sleep.

A lot of my symptoms are still there but are fleeting and not as bad as they have been.

My depression has never away for so long since early peri and horrible anxiety when it comes on is there for an hour maybe instead of days.

I've still got some aches and pains some have gone then got worse at weeks 6 to 8 and not come back. I did have old women feet after sitting a while I'd really hobble about for a few minutes. I haven't had it since week 8.

I still have a stiff shoulder. It was getting worse now it's better some days on and off like when it first started.

My libido improved and confidence.

• Posted

Thats great................. maybe your eyes then was down to you starting with a cataract................ive had the same probs with low blood pressure, drs wouldnt let me stand, kept me lying down, i kept saying but i feel fine, i didnt really to be honest, felt dizzy and very thirsty, low blood pressure can drop your sats, this is why they get concerned, as that will stop organs working properly.   Sometimes though i think people with low blood pressure, feel, they need to get up and move, i do..

let us know if your symptoms go completely with HRT, can understand how, getting rid of all this would lift your confidence, must be fantastic!!

• Posted

In early peri I had blurred vision on and off until it was more on than off. Then went and had them checked with the optician. I just needed reading glasses. It came back two years ago just in my right one and now it is caused by the cataract.
  • Posted

yes jamie, got my eyes tested at two different clinics and spent a lot on new pair of specs

still get dry eyes and blurr

• Posted

When I tell you I'm so over it, I am soooooo over it. I have been feeling weird all week. I finally got my menses today after spotting for two days. I'm very irritable and everything is frustrating me. I keep getting the weird head. I had to go to the docs this morning to get him to fill out a form for me and my anxiety was so bad, I started shaking and I left. He had 4 people in front of me and I just couldn't sit there any longer. This is all just getting on my nerves.
    • Posted

Aww feel for you, i remember sitting in the drs like that when i was in peri, felt horrendous, i think i just blabbed give me some anti depressants QUICK!! that was 2 years ago this March, ive just weened myself off them being post, i just hope this is all of you, once you have finished, its a horrendous thing to go through, didnt think it was going to be this bad, who would have thought it...............maybe you will feel better tomorrow, now you have come on, fingers crossed for you to finally get some relief. 
    • Posted

Thanks Elaine,

I hope so too. Turns out I'm still spotting. No full flow yet. Just nerve wrecking...

• Posted

jamie, i remember reading you write - we are in each others bodies ! truly i also feel like that. i also have a big pimple on my chin......

hope you feel better soon

so as we all can improve too 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.