Vision problem

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have been on 30mg Mirt for 18 months + and I have been tapering off and should be stopping altogether very soon.

I have noticed a deterioration in my eyesight which I payed no attention to until recently someone on here commented with same symptom. Does anyone know If this could be Mirt, if so, will the problem right itself in time.

many thanks.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am concerned with blurred vision due to Mirt which I ceased after a few days affect. The tablet was wrongly prescribed as a Sleep Aid. I am quite annoyed plus it can cause weight gain which as Disabled in a Wheelchair, I could not allow to happen.

Blurred vision now continues without change. Optician to examine me at home next week. BritWales

• Posted

P.S.

Mirt did not assist sleep either.

• Posted

Hi guys can anyone help me , iv been off mirtazapine for 12 months now and im having so many vision problems in the last year or so , vision loss , floaters , eyes always sore , flashes , dry eyes , my eye lids look lumpy and festered . now something else happened to me a few years ago i accidently looked into a LED grow light and i was very worried at the time that it did damage to my eyes , but the opticians and scans say no . so could this be the mirtazapine doing this to me ? can anyone help me ? Thanks

• Posted

i am trying to wean off mirtazipine and my life is like a living hell. I wish I had never let my doctor push these pills on me. While I was on 30mg I noticed some slight vision problems, but my main problem was that I gained an enormous amount of weight and I just felt numb, or angry all the time. I was prescribed this for serious insomnia, bought on by past ptsd. I've been on so many different medications that my liver is starting to shut down and I need to get off them for my health and so that I can feel like a real person again. I've managed to kick several of my other meds without problems, but the mirtazipine is destroying me. One of my main problems after lowering my dose (I know to taper down rather than go cold turkey) is problems with my vision, especially in my left eye. Frankly, it's terrifying. I feel like there is a veil over my left eye all the time and I have to wear dark sunglasses all the time just so I can see. Sometimes it's like I'm looking through a pile of broken glass that keeps moving. I get really scared when this happens because I can't find any way to stop it. With the lower dose, I'm a mess too. I cant stop crying and I"m worried that my marriage won't survive this. It's already hanging by a thread due to the mirtazipine, which caused me to gain so much weight, giving me a self esteem issue and any kind of sexual desire or even affectionate feelings completely disappeared behind this awful, awful drug. Sorry for the novel..my main reason for posting here is to speak about the vision problems and to ask how long this will last? Years ago I was forced onto Arrowpax for postpartum depression. Getting off those was the hardest thing I ever did, but somehow this seems worse. More than ever I regret letting the doctor convince me this was the right way to go. For anyone who reads this in the future, I strongly recommend that you think twice before agreeing to take this nightmare drug.

• Posted

Mirtazapine ruineed my vision completely. Visual snow symptoms, blurry vision, bloodshot light sensitive eyes. Bad floaters. I hate this poison so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.