Vitamin C in vagina for BV - yellow/green discharge? Makes things worse?

Posted , 22 users are following.

Hi there. I've had BV for the past 5 years. It have NEVER gone away. It is always there, its fishy/amonia smell, yellow/green discharge, the smell... I really empathise with anyone else who has gone through this HELL.

I've tried everything to get rid of it: rephresh gel inserts, different type of probiotics (including the special probiotics especially for BV with reuteri), I drink kefir everyday, I've dried douching with hydrogene pyroxide solution which does help the smell but it comes back, I've tried inserting feminine probiotics into my vagina, but that makes things worse.

I don't drink alcohol. I don't eat wheat or grains or sugar.

I know for a fact it's not an STD (I'm a lesbian.)

Doctors have NO CLUE how to fix this. They just say to clean better and don't use soap down there and don't wear tight underwear. Like, yes, thank you very much I never would have thought of that! That was really worth waiting months for this appointment for that information! neutral

I use home testing strips and the PH of my vagina ranges between a 7 and 9 which is too high and is indicative of BV. A normal vagina PH is about a 4. So SOMETHING is off down there and I want my PH to get down to normal.

So I tried inserting Vitamin C tablets, plain tablets not chewable or sweet, into my vagina and it just makes things worse, it seems. I'm so depressed because of this and I was hopeful that Vitamin C would help change my vaginal PH back to normal to get the good bacteria growing again. It's just the opposite though with even stronger yellow and green itchy discharge after using the Vitamin C.

I'm using 500mg per tablet, uncoated, at night, sometimes even twice per day and yet the PH of my vagina still isn't changing. I've used the Vitamin C up there for the past 3 days.

Has this yellow discharge happened to anyone else after using Vitamin C in their vagina?

I read that people here saw results virtually overnight. Did anyone have to use the Vitamin C for longer than a few days before they saw results?

2 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ask your doctor for a weekly boric acid regimen they will need a speciality pharmacy as they have to be make. But very inexpensive . Usually start by taking 2-3 weeks straight and then 2 times weekly after keeps it away. It's better then antibiotics. I also like probiocare probiotic 50 billion. It too takes about a mont but once it kicks in it helps. Goodluck 

• Posted

I'm so sorry, I understand your depression from this. 

My doctor said once Bc is gone or even there for me to use GOOD. It's a lub specifically made to restore ph flora, its said to bring your ph down and stay low. 

I take 2 fem dolphius every am, only water, no souching or bathing in anything Like the acv because it helps for short time, changed detergent to tide free of perfumes and dyes, wash with only a warm wash cloth, and eat a yogurt before lunch and one at dinner.

Many prayers for you.  

• Posted

I'm having having my yellow discharge for 3 months already and I've tried neo-penotran for 7 days twice a day. The treatment ended 4 days ago. Yet the discharge is still there but odorless and no itchy bc I just gel to insert the vagina. Should I insert vitamin C so it will clear up the discharge? Thank you.

• Posted

Hi Everyone who has experienced the depression of having BV. I know this can be quit irritating. I have read so many forums and have had BV on and off for 3 years. I have tried everything from antibiotics, peroxide douche, multi vitamins, garlic vaginally inserted and orally taken, tea tree oil. and yogurt douche. This has been annoying and bv ruined my sex life because of the smell. The only thing that has worked for me and kept the BV away is inserting the Proper Vitamin C pill I did this only 2 nights in a row and have been clear of BV for 2 months now. I also followed up with cutting suger and coffee out of my diet I notice when I eat alot of sugar BV comes back. When I notice anytype of oder that is of I will insert only half a vitamin C pill and a probiotic  and poof no more BV. I am so thankful for Vitamin C as I had been on and off antibiotics for 3 years. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.