vitamin D

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just had a call from the doctor after my recent blood tests my Vitamin D level is extremely low . Anyone else had this with the menopause?

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi hun

yes mine same ... Insufficient vit D result... I did already take vit D but not enough..

Not deficient ... But insuffient ...so taking more now 

jay x

• Posted

I have a thyroid problem and yes my vitd was low last year i have been taking vitd3 for over a year now. I suggest you get some vitd supplements for yourself 
  • Posted

Caz,

I can't remember if you have had your thyroid checked yet? I thought you were headed to get the hip imaged to see if there was arthritis going on? Am I mixing you up with someone else?  I also think you and I previously discussed the aches and pains we are getting, mine lower back and bilateral plantar faciitis. Had XRays of lower back and always knew I had 2 discs issues that seem to come and go in intensity. Now I have the actual degeneration process happening (it comes with age and maybe I could have been a bit more proactive in back strengthening exercises but ah that ship has sailed) which again some days not so bad and then some I feel like I am 100.  The bilateral plantar faciitis issue is what led the (among a few other things) doctor to run the whole gamut of thyroid hormone levels and lo and behold, I have Hashimotos and am being treated for hypothyroidism now.

I have to say of all the things I have been on, oddly enough, the meds for this seem to be helping the general body pains I had been feeling. I still start out a little slow in the am, but I am no longer walking like an old, feeble lady. 

I don't know if that is the answer for you, hey, the Vitamin D may do the trick for your hip pain, I have a co-worker who had issues with her knees and the doctor put her on Vitamin D3 and she says it helps. Luckily can be bought over the counter as well and I don't have an issue swallowing them, mine are not real big. 

Wishing you the best!

Annie xx

• Posted

Hi Annie think you have me confused with someone else hun . I've only just started posting and mostly about my cucumber water lol xxx
    • Posted

I'm open to all discussions and advice and giving advice lol xxx I'm 52 post menopause xxx We learn new things every day and I am always open to hear new things or post my experiences xx
    • Posted

Oh Goody- Peri brain! haha! Oh well.....(sigh) hopefully my memory will improve someday! lol. xx
    • Posted

Hi Annie

It may be me your thinking about

I've had sore feet back n joint pain scans show degenerative changes I've just had arthoroscopy on my lft knee to see what's going on due to bad knee joint pain consultant says he cleaned up the joint n miniscus but my knee isn't good but I was in recovery wen he spoke to me n didn't really go into what was wrong got opd in 2 weeks from what I was told by discharge nurse I've to see how I go & if no improvement over 3mnths I may need new knee sad not what I wanted to hear but see what's what at my appt sad

• Posted

I've also just been told I have vit-d deficiency n put on D3
    • Posted

It may be, Carol......... does sounds familiar. Ah, the mind is a funny these these days. These crazy aches and pains as well! We're too young for this-lol! Uggggh!!!!

I do hope you improve in the next few months and bypass the need for the knee replacement surgery. 

Thanks for jogging my memory, Carol and have a lovely day! Be well.

Annie xx

• Posted

yikes........typo......"the mnd is a funny thing these days."  Good heavens! I'm signing off now! haha!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.