Vitamin D Deficiency

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

Anyone ever told to take Vitamin D, my lab work came back that I was defiencent in it, was told to take Vitamin D 1000 daily?  I don't know what my level was, but I am looking it up on the internet and see there is D3 and D2?  Looks as though the D3 is best?  Anyone?  Jay, if you are reading this would love to hear from you as you have been giving great advice on supplements.

Thank you. Hope everyone is doing well today  <3  loretta>

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi.i was the same.my bloods come back that my vit d was low and was put on supplements.i now take them daily to prevent them dropping again.i have no idea why after all these years but I had my bloods done recently and it's levelled out so they are doing what they are supposed to do.my pills are just called vit d supplements
    • Posted

Thank you Linda, were you feeling fatigued before your levels came up? How much vitamin D are you taking?

Loretta

• Posted

Yes I was borderline Vit D was told most people are but are unaware. I have been taking 1000 a day but a surgeon friend has said to take 4000. Apparently you can take up to 10,000 per day.
    • Posted

Thank you Tacky, were you symptomatic while you were deficient, fatigued?  Have your levels back up now?
    • Posted

Hi Loretta I was getting tired and felt sluggish thought it was my underactive thyroid but they checked my vit D and that seemed to be the culprit!
    • Posted

Thank you, Tracky...I am hoping it relieves my fatigue!!!  I do have much more energy in the summer months!!! Maybe that explains it!  

Loretta

• Posted

Hi loretta 

when you get the D3 inside you and built up you should feel alot better 

be no stopping you 😊

Good luck and well done for seeing the doctor and getting it diagnosed.

jay x

• Posted

Hi loretta 

i was told in early peri to take vit D & Calcium and always have 

i take D3 loretta .. Infact i take Natecal which is the two in one ( calcium and vit D3) 

its good they found your defiency and that is is being treated .. You may feel alot better now..

hope so..

jay x

• Posted

Vitamin D is always in international units ( iu) 

jay x

• Posted

Also, always be guided by your doctor as he knows your true results and the level of your deficiency, he will no doubt recheck your levels after a while and re evaluate .. ( take just what he suggests ) 

jay x

• Posted

Vitamin D improves Calcium absortion and thats why they are often taken together as one ( ie. Natecal) etc 

jay x

• Posted

Hi Jay a quick question if you don't mind :-) I was told to be careful if I took calcium as it can cause calcium blockages in your arteries thus causing heart disease so sort of put me off taking them? Any advice from you would be very much appreciated. It's an absolute minefield...you hear so many different things and I get so confused :-( I take A-Z multivitamins, Vit D, Vit B complex, Evening primrose oil and Cod Liver oil
    • Posted

Hi Tracky 

well i take it as advised to by the doctor as never had HRT..

i always been okay on the Natecal mix of D3 and Calcium..

just had all my bloods done .. I have taken it for 10 years so been okay for me, i dont take alot, just Natecal D3 it has calcium in it ..

I also take many supplements and after ten years of peri and now post meno i found the ones that work best for me.. 

Natecal ( Calcium and D3 in one ) 

Rainforest Food Maca 5.1 ( 2500mg) 

Vit B6 150mg

vit B1 150mg 

Vit B12 ( now injections) 

Vit E 400iu

Vit C 

Kelp 1000mg 

Acidophilus pro biotic 

Menapol Plus ( but stopping soon as i dont rate them been on them months)

Chelated Magnesium

i rattle too but wouldnt be with out them 😊

my doctor today put an injection in my butt with B12, B1 and an anti inflammatory to help some back pain ( pulled muscle ) tonight ..

Back xray next as i have a back problem too 😞

i dont take a multi vit myself as i seem to get all i lack from the above ..

Take care hun

jay x

• Posted

Thanks so much Jay. I've not had HRT and have to say the supplements I take are just recommended by friends or health shop (apart from Vit D) ive asked doctors but the only thing they suggested was a menopause supplement! I've heard magnesium is supposed to be beneficial. Just for info...my surgeon friend said when they operate they always know whose been on HRT as their bones are so much stronger than someone who hasn't! It's all swings and roundabouts I guess and Id really like to stay natural if I can x
    • Posted

Hi tracky

bones can still get goodness and benefits from the right supplements for bone health.

I didnt want HRT .. It only postpones menopause then when you stop it all starts again at a later age, i sooner deal with that now ..

I am too high risk anyway.. Family history and previous endometriosis and cysts. All gone now in post menopause and not being fed by hormone replacement.

I just wanted nature to do whats intended personally and accepted the long haul and come out other side and only age 50 ..

Acceptance is the key, and positivity.

Its all personal choice for each woman, what ever best for each lady.

You will find your own path and get your own inner strength

Have a lovely day

Jay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.