Vitamin D Deficiency

Posted , 14 users are following.

In March 2016 I was tested for Vitamin D after complaints of aching/weak legs and hips as well as headaches, strange vision, extreme tiredness and a fullness in my head like it was filled with expanding foam. The results came back and my level was 14. It took another 3 appointments and 2 months before they finally treated me with 20,000IU tablets everyday for 2 weeks.

My levels have returned to normal, however, all of the symptoms persist to some extent 3 weeks after taking the tablets; particularly the leg aches.

My question is: how long will it be before I'm likely to feel any better? Is there some time before my body reacts to the increase in Vitamin D or is it likely that the problem lies somewhere else?

Thanks,

James

0 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi James - I see that you posted a couple of years ago - how are you feeling now? 

I came across your post as I’ve just been diagnosed with vitD deficiency ( my levels are 18 nmol/l , 7.2ng/ml. 

I have an under active thyroid as well and went to docs as after 3 months of regular, intensive cardio exercise I was putting on weight and felt extremely fatigued. Thought my thyroid was up the spout..  I was also having  palpitations, head sweats and aching muscles and bones and terrible brain fog! 

Gp has prescribed 800iu  D3 daily but from what I’ve read that’s just way too little. So I’m aiming for 10,000 a day for a month at least.  Can I ask how much supplementation you took and how long was it before your symptoms improved ?( I’m hoping they have!) 

Best wishes

Jayne 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.