Vitamin D3 cured my bv!

Posted , 15 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

So about two years ago my doctor ran some blood tests and told me I needed to get a vitamin d supplement because I was a little deficient. I knew nothing about vitamin d deficency. I never took the supplement. I recently saw on a blog on bv that a woman said she was cured. I went and got me a bottle. Making sure it was a good brand. I did my research. I started taking 3 gel caps. 5000 iu each making the total 15000 iu a day. Things changed IMMEDIATELY. Like literally the same day. I am a black woman and lots of us are deficient because of the pigment in our skin makes it hard to soak up the vitamin d from the sun. It's a hormone technically which is Extremely important!! Just try it. It could be live saving for you. Keep in mind I had bv for about 7 years with no cure. Took antibiotics numerous times. It would only work for a week then come right back. Ladies maybe your deficient in something. Get your levels tested. I believe there is no one cause of bv. Everyone gets it for different reasons. U just have to find out what your issue is. Mine was vitamin d3 deficiency! Hope this helps! I've suffered too long so I know how you are feeling and what you are going through!

7 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wow thank you!! I dont think I have been taking enough vitamin D, I did start on a regimen of acidolphilus and vit D but I quit the D. Will start taking again. I have been significantly better recently but I believe the D may save me. Again, thanks so much!!

• Posted

You're welcome!! Please let me know if this helps you. Make sure you take a nice dosage. 10,000 + per day

• Posted

May I ask what brand of vitamin you're using? I've been battling bv for over a year now and I feel I'm at a loss rolleyes

• Posted

Of course. It's by Vita Optimum. 5000 iu per soft gel. I bought it off of Amazon. I think I paid $15.00 total.

• Posted

Thank you, melanie! I'm going to go get some of this today! Hope it works for me as well as it did for you. Glad it helped! I've had it for 10 months, I can't imagine years!

• Posted

You're welcome! I hope this is your solution. Make sure u get blood work done to see if you're deficient anywhere else. Iron ect. Something so small could be the issue. smilesmile

• Posted

Hi Melanie!

Which brand are you using ?

• Posted

Vita Optimum D3 5000 iu per capsule. I use 15,000 per day. Hope this works for you wink

• Posted

Thanks so much! Are you doing this in conjunction with a sugar free diet?
    • Posted

Nope! I'm so bad with sugar. I'm working on it though. And you're welcome! smile

• Posted

Same here! I'll let you know how it goes. Im glad the gelatin in this vitamin is halal. Ordering right now!

Thanks again smile

• Posted

Hi! Ive been doing so much research on bv and im so lost. Ive taken probiotics and they just make things worse(i guess just for me since it works for a lot of people). But im glad i came across this because i had a blood test not too long ago that said i was vitamin d deficient (im also black and its interesting to know that this is common). I never took the pills she recommended to get but now i think ill give it a try!! I hope this works!
    • Posted

Hey luv! Sorry for the late response! I sure do hope it works for you. So far it's still working for me. That's the FIRST thing I do every morning is take my pills! I will not go back to how it used to be...lol. Let me know what happens smile

• Posted

hi! so far ive only been taking them for a week and see a slight improvement, so it looks promising! Im also taking 5000iu but only one gel cap a day, so im thinking about bumping it up to two. ive read to that cutting out sugar or carbs would be a good combo too but i know thall be hard! ill see how it goesbiggrin

• Posted

I take up to 20,000 iU a day. Which is 4 gelcaps every morning. That's usually my regular. My vagina is a happy camper right now. Try it. Lol

• Posted

Are you using a brand that requires refrigeration? If not, I suggest you try one. I use Ultimate Flora Vaginal Support 50 Billion cultures. It worked wonders. I'm also going to add vitamin d to my regime. Hope it helps. I buy mine from the Vitamin Shoppe. They also sell them at whole foods. Remember they have to stay cold because the culture are live.

• Posted

No I haven’t. But I heard it helps the vaginas balance as well. Thank you. Will be adding it soon 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.