Vitamin D3 cured my bv!

Posted , 15 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

So about two years ago my doctor ran some blood tests and told me I needed to get a vitamin d supplement because I was a little deficient. I knew nothing about vitamin d deficency. I never took the supplement. I recently saw on a blog on bv that a woman said she was cured. I went and got me a bottle. Making sure it was a good brand. I did my research. I started taking 3 gel caps. 5000 iu each making the total 15000 iu a day. Things changed IMMEDIATELY. Like literally the same day. I am a black woman and lots of us are deficient because of the pigment in our skin makes it hard to soak up the vitamin d from the sun. It's a hormone technically which is Extremely important!! Just try it. It could be live saving for you. Keep in mind I had bv for about 7 years with no cure. Took antibiotics numerous times. It would only work for a week then come right back. Ladies maybe your deficient in something. Get your levels tested. I believe there is no one cause of bv. Everyone gets it for different reasons. U just have to find out what your issue is. Mine was vitamin d3 deficiency! Hope this helps! I've suffered too long so I know how you are feeling and what you are going through!

7 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Melanie!!

So great to hear you are doing better. I too just got blood tests back saying I have a vitamin d deficiency. Do you know exactly how low your vitamin d levels were?? I started taking vitamin d so I am hoping to see a change soon!!

• Posted

Hi Gabby. Unfortunately no I do not remember the numbers. I apologize. Get those in your system though and see if it works for you smile

• Posted

I want to thank you so much for your post! I have been battling BV for about 13 yrs. Medications never worked for me. Maybe for about a week or two but then it would come right back. Few tears ago my doctor told me my Vitamin D was low and I needed o start supplements for it. I didn't though. After reading your post, I ordered some right away. I started taking 3 pills..each 5000 iu so 15,000 iu a day..and the difference is amazing!! I have only been taking them for 5 days but by day 2 I could no longer detect the dreaded foul smell that accompanies my BV. And as hard as it was cuz I have to shower every day otherwise I don't feel clean, I went 2 days without showering just to see. And still no detection! Your post has literally saved me! I haven't felt this good in YEARS! And it seems I am thinking more clearly. My depression has started to lift. I feel like a brand new woman! I turn 41 in a few weeks and let me tell you...you have given me the best birthday gift!

• Posted

Omg!! You’re welcome!! Im so sorry for the late response! I know the feeling, I have been there and done that. I’m soooooo happy it’s working for you. It’s a shame that the doctors don’t tell us more about Bv and it’s link to vitamin D3. I pray that God continues to bless you ❤️ I wish someone would have told me years ago. 
  • Posted

Hey where did you purchase from I've been having BV for the longest and I'm only 18. I've tried everything the doctors did tell me my vitamin d is low so would that be the problem? Where can I buy this from?

• Posted

I purchase from Amazon. It’s Vita Optimum. Hope this works for you ❤️
  • Posted

Is the odor gone ? Is the bv really gone? I think I have a deficiency too because my doctor prescribed vitamin d. I actually don't take it, but will now. Thank you.

• Posted

May I ask how deficient your Vitamin D levels were? I am waiting on blood results now and hoping this may be something else I can try as I've been dealing with this for quite a few years now! Appreciate your post! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.