Vitamin D3 deficiency

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone in this forum been diagnosed with Vitamin D3 deficiency too?

I got the results now and mine is 4! Incredibly low...

This may explain some of the symptoms associated with Fibromyalgia although, certainly, not all of them. Any testimonials?

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My vit D levels didn't even register. I was put on 20,000iu every other day. I am now down to 1,000iu per day.  I also have rosecea and extremely sensitive skin and have to wear factor 70 prescription sunscreen so no chance of natural vit D.  I can't say my aches and pains are any less even though my vit D levels have improved.
  • Posted

HI Teresa

my GP told me that she couldn't test for vit d deficiency but that I should take a supplement. My b12 was low and I have just started injections every 2 days for this. 

• Posted

? I don't understand...whycan't you GP test you for vit D? 
  • Posted

When my doctor reduced my vit D to 1,000ui per day it was cheaper to buy it £1.10 than pay for a prescription. Regarding not being able to blood test in our area we are only allowed one blood test for vit D per year. My doctor tried to sneak one in and the hospital refused to do it.
    • Posted

I bet some bureaucrat made that rule. Tragic really… i'm sorry for yousad.

if check the video i mention here you'll see how DRr. Heaney stresses that people have to have regular checks because intake varues a lot from person to person. 

• Posted

I mean Intakes varies, I'm having a lot of adhd lately..
    • Posted

Yes, probably some manager somewhere decided to cut funding. Find it extraordinary that a blue suit can override what a doctor thinks is necessary for her patient.
  • Posted

UCSD School of Medicine and Grassroots Health at the University of California Television (UCTV) has a video lecture online ( I can't paste the links here) entitled Whats a Vitamin D Deficiency? by Dr. Robert , Heaney, MD.

Turns out: the new optmal levels are much, much higher than our conventional doctors believe.rolleyes

• Posted

Dr. James Dowd, a vitamin D expert,  recommends supplementing at 20 IUs/per pound body weight daily and for  dark skin people, black, or a BMI over 30 he recommends a vitamin D dose of 25 IUs/pound. 

• Posted

The type od Vitamin D3 (always D3) apears to make a difference.

Calcifediol is one of the D3s. On the other hand experts stress that to obtain an effetive intake and bioavailability of D3 we need Vitamin K. A not so commom vitamin K can be found in green leaves but more than that on Natto (fermented soy), Chlorella algae and some fermented cheeses.

Acording to Medical Daily, Fibromyalgia Pain Reduced With Vitamin D Supplements....

"A team of Austrian scientists sought to better understand the role a prehormone, called calcifediol, plays in forming vitamin D levels in the blood. Prior research has consistently shown that fibromyalgia patients, in particular those who suffer chronic pain, tend to have low calcifediol levels. As the substance gets converted into calcitriol — the active form of vitamin D — the team hypothesized that introducing the supplement to these patients would greatly reduce their discomfort in the same way as increased prehormone levels.A team of Austrian scientists sought to better understand the role a prehormone, called calcifediol, plays in forming vitamin D levels in the blood. Prior research has consistently shown that fibromyalgia patients, in particular those who suffer chronic pain, tend to have low calcifediol levels. As the substance gets converted into calcitriol — the active form of vitamin D — the team hypothesized that introducing the supplement to these patients would greatly reduce their discomfort in the same way as increased prehormone levels."

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.