Vitamin E suppositories

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have read on here that Vit E suppositories can be very helpful in treating the dryness in the vagina.  I have had numerous treatments off my doctor but suffer from side effects making it difficult to continue with treatment on a regular basis.  I have given up on intercourse alltogether and am only 57 and live with my partner who is very patient but I know misses the physical side of our relationship.  I would love to find something that would make it possible for us to return to a more physical relationship again.  Has anyone been successful in using this treatment? 

1 like, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

So do I take from these answers that coconut oil is better than vit E ???
    • Posted

No , not in every case is coconut oil better then Vitimin E. Each individual will react differently to Vitimin E or coconut oil. You would have to try one for a week, take a week off and then try the other to get the true decision on which one is better for you. One size does not fit all and as I said no two women will react the exact same. Try this experiment to see which is best for you.

Blessing to you

Lynn

• Posted

I have been using coconut oil both externally and internally for more than a year now. I love it, it is so soothing. My hubby and I also use it as a lubricant, although as I have got dryer I have found I need something thicker that sticks around for linger - coconut oil seems to dissipate and you need to keep reapplying - Yes oil based lube does the trick: lots of it! True, coconut oil is messy and seems to leave an oily patch on clothes that is hard to wash out, so you will need to wear a panty pad. I apply it after every time I go to the loo: clean fingers (washed using femfresh) when at home; using a pad of organic cotton wool when out and about (externally only). I use the raw cold pressed organic coconut oil which is solid, so you dig a blob out on you finger and push it up - it soon starts to melt at body temp. In a hot summer it will be liquid in the jar, in a cold winter it will be hard to dig out with a finger. I also use the Calson Key E pessaries which I put in before I go to bed at night - these are made of coconut oil, palm oil and a little Vit E (not as much as an oral capsule). I also sometimes get vit e out of an oral capsule and insert that - it doesn't irritate, but I can't comment on long term effects. I know there is some research warning against long term use of high levels of vit e. I thought it may be a better idea to apply oils that are naturally high in vit e. Sweet Almond oil is nice (in Yes oil based). Wheatgerm oil has the highest content of vit e, but that stung me (I am very sensitive to products down there). Argan is also nice. I am going to try tamanu and pumpkin seed oils next. However, the Yes oil based lube contains oils high in vit e and also vit e itself - so I often apply that along with the coconut oil after going to the loo.

You can get key e from Amazon, but it is very expensive. You can get them much cheaper direct from the US (even with the postage charge and import charge).

• Posted

I agree re the coconut oil Suki:-)))  I came to the conclusion that with it being much cheaper than the Carlson E pessaries, and them containing coconut oil as well, the coconut oil offers everything you'd want at a better price.  I use a pad during the day too, to avoid it marking clothes and I did find that some pads irritated but the Always Long cover every part that the coconut would otherwise get to and don't irritate me at all.  But I've found a regime, with the Always Long and the organic coconut that works so well for me and I'm very happy with it!  I think you're bang on re the Yes, too - it's a brilliant product and if you need even extra 'slideability' then you can use the water based with the oil based on top:-)
    • Posted

I would think the longer pads wouldnt rub as much as they are less likely to slide
    • Posted

I got like 24 of them for 11 dollars..pretty reasonable i thought
    • Posted

Yes, I don't have any problem at all with the Always Dailies longer ones, but I did get irritation from a different sort in a pink pack (can't remember the name because I threw them out after that).  And no coconut goes on clothing either.
    • Posted

I use Cottons from Boots - they are made of organic unbleached cotton - me being very sensitive to any chemicals down there.
    • Posted

Ah, I'd not heard of those.  Will have a look when I've got through the ones I bought.  I did find I needed longer ones than the normal daily size because of the oil though.  I'm glad we're mentioning this because there might be some people who try the pads, think they cause irritation, and decide they can't use them, where it might just be one particular type that causes irritation.
  • Posted

I plan on applying whatever i use at bed time,in the day just a miniscule amount on vulva oconut oil,hopeing no mess then as pads would irritate. Even a coating lightly applied of vaseline helps.
    • Posted

I think it is a case of finding what works for you personally:-)
  • Posted

Also, don't give up sex. The medical advice is to continue because it increases blood flow to the area and thus the health of the epithelial cells and it increases your natural lubrication. It is a case of use it or loose it. Stopping sex means the condition of the cells deteriorates more and you become dryer, so when you do attempt sex it hurts more - it is a vicious circle! If you have stopped you can build up again gradually - you can do other things without actual penetration. I had vulvodynia for 1.5 years and had to give up intercourse, but built it up again (with increasing dryness due to pre menopause) - you can gradually increase the stretch using your own fingers (and lots of lube), then tip of penis, then gradually increasing depth and duration of penetration. Or you can use vaginal dilators (e.g. Amielle). You have to alter your sexual behaviour - hubby and I now have lots more foreplay and sorter duration of penetration (so I don't get sore). Also, some positions are more comfortable than others - you have to experiment. And loads of lube! Water based lube stings me, but as Chris said you can get a double glide effect by using water based Yes on top of oil based on both of you (oil and water don't mix). I like pure silicone lube - it is very slippery - I use that on top of oil based. Again, you need to find what works for you. Good luck!
  • Posted

I got a pack of 24 key e for £5.62 , way cheaper than the £10 for 12 from Amazon.
    • Posted

I can't remember what I got.  I THINK it included delivery though.
    • Posted

I bought 5 packs because there was a standard delivery charge of around £4 whatever the weight. However, I did get charged £16 for importing by customs sad . I thought it was worth the risk, I don't think you always get charged. So, they didn't work out cheaper anyway! I don't understand how it works because the ones you get from Amazon are from the states too, but you don't get a bill from customs - perhaps the import charge is already added by Amazon, hence the cost?
    • Posted

Perhaps we should just make our own - blend some vit e oil with coconut oil, pour into bullet shaped moulds and put in fridge to cool to solid! I could do my own concoction then of all the oils I've tried down there and liked, such as sweet almond oil and Shea butter (a very solid oil, so that would help with the shaping). I think I'll leave out the Sea Buckthorn oil - not a nice smell, even when diluted with another oil and bright orange colour that really stains.
    • Posted

Just had my Tamanu oil delivered - my next experiment on myself in the quest for the miracle oil. Like coconut oil, it is supposed to be anti viral, anti fungal, anti bacterial, anti inflammatory and healing. It also contains high levels of vit e. The bottle does say can be used neat on skin but not to use on mucous membranes or eyes .... Wow! It has a strong smell .... And is green ....  Hum .... Perhaps not a good idea for down there - unless I include a couple of drops in my home made pessaries!!!

Back to the coconut then! That seems to be the best for internal use thus far. I must admit, I do sometimes add vit e oil from a capsule to the blob of coconut oil on my finger before I insert it because coconut oil doesn't have much vit e.

speaking of using in eyes - I had a sty in my eye but nothing in my medicine cupboard to help .... Then I had a thought ... looked up using coconut oil for eye infections on the Internet to find some people had done so with success, so popped some in my eye - it was very soothing for the sty and kept me going until I could get the the pharmacy. Perhaps coconut is the miracle oil!!!

• Posted

Coconut oil (recommended by me) has also helped my bro with his piles! He loves it. Cured a fungal nail infection I had on a toe too!
    • Posted

I never know how it works either.  But yes, we've found sometimes you get charged customs and at other times you don't.  It's a gamble:-)
    • Posted

Just looking at the ingredients in Yes oil based lube and it has sunflower oil, sweet almond oil, Shea butter, coca seed butter, vit e (doesn't say how much) and bees wax (probably to thicken it). I am not sure if the vit e is added - it says natural vit e, but sunflower oil and sweet alomond oil are high in vit e anyway. So if anyone isn't happy with applying vit e from an oral capsule inside their vagina, Yes lube could be the solution. Shame it doesn't contain coconut oil to! Of course, I could always mix some in, now that I am into concocting my own oil mixes. Interesting that some oils such as coconut oil and those in Yes are suitable for internal use, but others I have on my collection are not e.g. Tamanu, safflower, Wheatgerm. Could it be that those suitable for internal use are the edible oils? What does "not for internal use" mean anyway? It certainly means not to eat, but does it also include not to insert into orifices?
    • Posted

Internal usually means not to go into the orifices such as vagina, mouth, nose, etc.  I know when I asked the makers of Hydromol about that they said it shouldn't be put into the vagina.
    • Posted

So as far as coconut oil on the outer bits..just smooth over the top or also apply beteen labia majora and minora??Anotherwods the whole thing??
    • Posted

When I poke a bit up there it doees tend to spread itself around the lower bits anyway though, especially overnight:-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.