Vitamin E suppositories

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have read on here that Vit E suppositories can be very helpful in treating the dryness in the vagina.  I have had numerous treatments off my doctor but suffer from side effects making it difficult to continue with treatment on a regular basis.  I have given up on intercourse alltogether and am only 57 and live with my partner who is very patient but I know misses the physical side of our relationship.  I would love to find something that would make it possible for us to return to a more physical relationship again.  Has anyone been successful in using this treatment? 

1 like, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Interesting fact the vagina is only one and a half to 3 inchs long,i was shocked,man what you dont learn on the net. Vagina is only up to the cervix which opens into the uterus. Vulva is not the vagina,its the outer bits.
    • Posted

Yep vulva is just the outer bits. You can use coconut oil internally as we'll though. If cautious, try on outer bits first, see how it feels.

Vagina not very long, but with sexual arousal the cervix moves upwards - presumably to make room for that 6 or more inches or pleasure!

• Posted

Ok now let me get this straight,i coat the whole vulva even between the folds between the labia majora a nd minora where its the most sensitive?My vulva actually gets pretty irritated. Probably from being too dry.
    • Posted

Lee your kidding only 1/12 to 3 incheds long, no wonder them speculums they use for smear tests hurt so much then and how do we cope with a 6" penis then. Yet when i last has a smear test she couldnt find my cervix, to far up or what. Now im shocked too! 
    • Posted

Lol i read it on a pretty reliable site, I had no idea that such a small body area could cause so much discomfort..yikes.
    • Posted

Well it used to be pleasure,now the thought of it scares me lol
    • Posted

Lee, it doesn't really matter, just coat everything down there with coconut oil.
    • Posted

Susan, if you read my reply above, during sexual arousal the cervix rises up and the vagina lengthens to accommodate a penis. Also the cervix can be pushed further up by the penis.
    • Posted

You put the coconut oil anywhere where it's dry.  I remember someone, but can't remember if it was you, saying you had irritation around the back passage that was probably linked too?  If so, use it there as well but put it there last of all and then wash your hands.
  • Posted

Good news ladies. I emailed Yes complaining that we had to order our vit e pessaries from the US, so have they considered making some. And also that many of us have found coconut oil to be beneficial, so would they consider making an oil based lube with coconut oil in it. They tell me that Yes oil based lube will be available in applicators soon (currently only the Yes water based is available in applicators for applying internally) and it will contain coconut oil.
    • Posted

That is brilliant!  I do like the company - it has a very personal touch to it.  Excellent news!
    • Posted

I have a question. When reading reviews about the brand of E you all are useing now,many people said one provided too much moisture and they cut it in2 or even a third?? If so,how do you preserve the part you dont use at the time??
    • Posted

I used the whole thing, but I guess you could pop the remainder in a piece of tin foil or plastic bag for use the next time?
    • Posted

I use the whole thing. Pop it in high up before I get into bed for the night. I can't feel it in there. It doesn't seem to run out during the night, or when I get up. But I do see blobs of it in the loo after I've had my first pee in the morning. So, less messy than runny coconut oil. I think it must be the palm oil (itself high in vit e) which, like Shea butter is naturally very solid at room temp.
    • Posted

If you do half it, I would do as Chris says and store the remainder in the foil that you got it out of. However, the pessary is shaped like a bullet (tapered at the end),  for ease if inserting. If you cut it, one half will have a blunt end which may not be so comfy to insert. Just try one - you don't know if it will work for you until you try.
    • Posted

Glad you told me about seeing some in the toilet the next morning..glad to know thats normal. Thanks. Yes I imagine wouldnt be too comfy inserting a blunt edge..ouch
    • Posted

Is it waxy like a hemroid suppository,not that I have those lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.