Vivid Dreams

Posted , 13 users are following.

I have been on this forum for a while now. Ive listed so many symptoms. I'll be 48 soon and im assuming its my hormones. The symptoms are endless but I have very vivid weird dreams every night at times I feel a strong vibration in my head I wake up feeling like i possibly had a seizure. Does this happen to anyone else?

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Helllooo mam

me too experience head vibrations when i lay down in bed and having strange dreams every night.

its part if Peri

ur not alone dear.

• Posted

I also have extreme vivid dreams every night have for years. I had surgery thought the surgery triggered then dreams. Interesting to know others are dealing with constant dreams not that i wish bad for others. I am taking hrt which has eased many symptoms but not the dreams

Has anyone found any remedy to ease the dreams?

Susan, do you have more than one dream in one night? I can have 2 or 3 if i wake from one dream during the night which i do every night, I will then fall into another dream.

• Posted

Hi yes, more then one dream, after im asleep for a few hours i then toss and turn all night and will go into more dreams. They seem to be a lot with my parents who are both deceased and a lot take place at my childhood home but they are such weird dreams and then ill have moments like last night where i get this strong vibration/jerking feeling in my head as im trying to wake up and it feels like im having a seizure or like if you could picture a robot shorting out. In the morning i feel exhausted but overstimulated at same time. Im at work right now i want to sob. Do you get any of those feelings?

• Posted

I do get a shock like feeling and instantly awake and takes a good hour to go back to sleep.

im kind of use to the dreams now but so want the dreams to ease. As i said before hrt helped to reduce anxiety and tiredness but many other issues continue. I thought i was having a nervous breakdown and became so ill i had to try hrt.

sorry to hear you're feeling so bad such a difficult time and not knowing when you will ever feel normal.

• Posted

I get the same on a daily basis. I've tried to describe it to my dr but she doesn't seem concerned. It scares me a lot. I try to stay busy so I don't think about it and worry. I stay connected to my close friends as well if I have an overwhelming day of these symptoms. I too dream of my parents and my childhood home. So strange. Dreams are really vivid.

• Posted

Im sorry to hear you guys experience this too. I Still get a period its much worse right before and after when im about to ovulate i think. Do you guys still get a period?

• Posted

This may sound odd...but start writing the dreams down. Get yourself a notebook to write them in. Not sure of your belief system but maybe it won't stop until you start taking notice of them and what the message is within these dreams.

• Posted

dear ladies, I have the same symptoms for two years! strange head feeling with "shocks", vivid dreams, wake up at night. I still have periods, and it is worse in the second half of the cycle. I tried meditation -it helped, eat healthy, do sports, but I think that sports make it worse (due to being tired?)

dreams are vivid, realistic. not actually nightmares, but dreams with a story. dreams do not bother me but the other symptoms do. I even fear to go to bed, and it makes it worse.

• Posted

Dont you feel wiped out? Im barely functioning. It feels like I have the flu everyday. I dont remember life like it used to be, I wake up from these dreams and feel like thats where im at does that make sense? It freaks me out.

I get all this pressure in my head, eyes and nose. An overstimulated feeling like im jumping out of my skin.

This is embarrassing but at times i even feel like i have an orgasm in my sleep and its not enjoyable. TMI I know but i just want to know if anyone else experiences that or if im losing it. My family doesnt even know me anymore. I dont know me anymore:(

• Posted

And yes i absolutely fear going to bed as well. I fear everything now I dont want to go out anywhere anymore. Trying to make it through a work day is horrific. I dont want to go on medication because of side effects. I do go talk to someone and they suggested writing down the dreams like that other woman suggested, the dreams are so off the wall and random but so real.

• Posted

Susan, I so understand. I could not cope my anxiety was so extreme and the dreams just added extra fear and increasing the anxiety. Do you get anxiety? when you think your brain will explode?

Twice i took myself to A&E convinced myself I was having a nervous breakdown so out of control.

Been taking hrt for 3 years now and lowered dose recently and seen a change as you flu like symptoms. One minute I ok next Im so tired, shiver and cold sweats next morning I am ok. My dreams have continued throughout but manage them much better when started hrt.

hrt is not for everyone!! i would not be working now if I did not take hrt. It is such a hard decision to make when you feel exhausted and confused.

• Posted

Yes extreme anxiety and an over stimulation that is torturous i feel like a person whos on drugs who doesnt want to be. My head feels like its going to explode i get pressure in my nose and eyes. My neck gets tight and my sense of smell, sound and even my sight is off the charts. Horrible dry mouth and taste and feel like my digestive system has stopped. I dont know about yiu but i feel like im in the twilight zone like this can not be my life.

• Posted

Hi, yes all your symptoms are very familiar to me! Struggled for months!! feel more normal now due to hrt.

Susan, have you seen your gp? did gp suggest anything but hrt? feel your pain, another scary thing is you dont know when horrendous symptoms will stop

• Posted

Hi, I have been to so many doctors my pcp pretty much told me there was nothing more he could do. Ive had bloodwrk out the ass im surprised i have any left in me, Scans, brain mri , ultrasounds, gyno said there was no accurate test for her to do as far as testing my hormones. Currently seeing a functional gastro dr here, ive spent thousands on stool test, nutreval test, nitritiongenome dna test, supplements, MRT food sensitivity test, nutritional Iv's, everything makes me feel worse like my body is rejecting everything. My husband is ready to kill me because of the cost but im so desperate. I have all these symptoms and they tell me things arent bad, i want to scream. He now wants me to do a urine test to test my neurotransmitters. My sisters look at me like i have 3 heads and its anxiety and i need to go on medication. Im at a loss, I could deal with some things but the heightened senses and over stimulation and digestive issues are literally driving me insane.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.