vulvodynia

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hiya im just wondering has anyone suffered with this? Ive tried lots of prescriprion tablets and im still as sore as ever with a constant burning.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi , i too am experiencing a constant burning over my pubic region and groins and sometimes my thighs.I have been this way since november last year and have an appointment with a dermatologist on wednesday this week. I feel like my pubic hars are all painful and experience  cold sensations on my outer right thigh and across my buttocks and lower back. I also experience  a sore pink which seems to be agrivated by my clear discharge on the opening of my vagina. All my symptoms disappear during my period whch are becoming irregular only to return  after my period ends. Is this  a vulva problem, herpes, nerve problem? 
  • Posted

Hi , i too am experiencing a constant burning over my pubic region and groins and sometimes my thighs.I have been this way since november last year and have an appointment with a dermatologist on wednesday this week. I feel like my pubic hairs are all painful and experience a cold sensations on my outer right thigh and across my buttocks and lower back. I also have a sore pink area on the opening to my vagina which seems to be agrivated by my clear discharge and gets worse as the day goes on, this is eased by bathing and not wearing underwear. All my symptoms disappear during my period whch are becoming irregular only to return  after my period ends. Is this  a vulva problem, herpes, nerve problem? 
  • Posted

Hi

I suffered with vulvodynia for 6 years ..all start i had a first herpes outbreak.

Then after that was cleared i had a burning feeling.

Felt like a cheese grater

Doc did a heaps of test never found anything wrong i tryed all sort of meds and cream etc.

steroids injections. The pain was only in one spot but it felt like my hole vulva was on fire

One med that did work was a low dose of endep..

That worked for 6 months till i got my secound herpes out break. Then i was back to square one

Then then started using a kegel 8 ultra machine set on for last of sensitivity. . For some reason it cured my vulvodynia pain.

But now i have a new pain. Coz from being on antibiotics for 5 months from a ear infection.. my hole vulve is now red raw but there no yeast infections. And have had a heaps of testing to make sure i have not caught anything ..

finally cure one problem and ended up with another problem. .

i know how painful this can get

• Posted

Hi Catts.  It may not be vulvodynia.   I've been reading a lot of ladies on this site having problems so I decided to give my experience in the hopes it will be of some help.   I had a similar problem to you (I'm 55) and I had all sorts of diagnoses from various doctors and nothing they prescribed helped.  Then I came down with gastro-enteritis and couldn't eat for around 5 days: and the horrible painful itching downstairs cleared right up!  That was my first clue that I was probably sensitive to some food or other.  I did an exclusion diet, slowly re-introducing different foods, and I found that one of the main triggers to the itch was whenever I ate potato!  I'd never even had a problem with it before, but it seems that as I've gotten older, I can no longer tolerate it.  I cut it out of my diet entirely, along with it's plant "cousins" - I found I get a painful itch if I eat any of the Solonacea family, including: potato, chilli, tomato, eggplant, capsicum (I believe they're also called bell peppers?) and tobacco. If I occassionally accidentally eat one of this diverse family, I find that an anthistamine can relieve the symptoms now I'm not overwhelmed by eating them every day.  I hope this helps you - best of luck!

Minamii 

• Posted

Does vulvodynia ever include rectal burning???
    • Posted

My symptoms are vulvar burning , redness on the inside skin of the labia majora and rectal burning/slight redness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.