Waiting for the day

Posted , 12 users are following.

4am awake with thumping heart, anxiety starting all over again - this is all so horrible and all I want is to feel happy and enjoy life like all you other lovely ladies do aswell. Not getting easier. Hoping you are all in peaceful slumber unlike me x 😥

2 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Lou, yes I was the same as you. Up awake every night at 4am. I went onto HRT bio identical gels - they've worked for me. If you can't do HRT the ladies on here have lots of great suggestions. You could try a homeopathic doctor ?

I know I was so desperate for a solution. I went privately as nhs just keep giving you different HRT tabs which weren't good for me. All the best, let us know how your getting along xx

• Posted

Thanks Deborah I'll think things through as don't want anything too invasive, I get scared and panicky.x

• Posted

I have also been feeling like thisas well the  depression and anxiety set in , it was so scary I went to a pshycologist one evening I felt like I was loosing it  I still go once a weekits been 3 visits now  . I also started a anti depressant I hated to do that I am a natural healer but I could not take this anymore . He told me to stay on it do not stop it once I feel normal which is what I have done in the past due to not liking to take medication of any type . But this time after this last episode I will stay on it . I feel some relief however still wake up around 4 a.m. with anxiety I hope this will ease up in time I also use essential oils for anxiety by plant therapy worry free it helps  . This was definatly a scary time for me . I am 43 this started 2 yrs ago but really nailed me a month ago ! I hope all you ladies out there realize this is normal and yes some of us get nailed with the craziness ! 
    • Posted

hi joie yes the 4am thing is so awful, im usually awake before then aswell and sometimes up all night, im gonna try counselling I think just too scared to pick the fone up, anxiety and panic seem to stop me it's a vvicious circle but I have to do something soon , can't go on like this. Glad you're doing better ??

• Posted

Im the same as you joie I work as a healer and was determined not to take meds but even with the oils it became to much as im going through the peri as well. I am on  a low dose of citalopram but i still use my oils drink chamomile tea and take the natural supplements for the peri Im going through a blip at the moment so my meditation is really helping calm me down what its like to be a women ey !! 
  • Posted

Hi Lou,

Every night i fall asleep around 10 and wake up at 1am and then im up until 4am and have to be up for work at 6. I just can't get this sleep together. Hopefully we will find relief soon.

• Posted

hi Jamie , please God lets hope so it's all a nightmare right now. Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Thats terrible for you Jamie. a good nights sleep can really make us feel better, you must feel terrible if you have this continually. have you ever thought of trying a very low dose tranquiliser to help you sleep through unbroken? i occasionally take half a 1mg lorazapem tablet when needed - it just turns off your think tank/overactive mind if you take it 20mins before bedtime, & doesnt leave you groggy in the morning & no side effects with such a low dose. my doc recommended it few years ago as opposed to a sleeping tablet as if taken in a low dose doesn't leave you groggy next day, & also because my sleep problems were anxiety related - just couldnt switch off when my head hit the pillow. xx

• Posted

I just talked with my doctor and she didn't want me on sleeping pills either. She suggested getting some melatonin. I will try it out and see if it helps. I never seem to get more than three hours sleep.

• Posted

Hi Lou,

​When i went to the doctors this week she offered me sertraline and i said i would rather not have that. i only got my hrt on Thursday afternoon and me being me thought i feel great but this afternoon my anxieties returnred with a vengence but theyve past now. i dont feel like i can do anything or plan anything for fear of how i feel.

• Posted

Hi Stephanie, know what you mean about planning things it's very difficult as we can never tell how we will be feeling. Im sure HRT will make you feel much better and you will have some much better days ahead and nights. It works wonders for so many women . Good luck ??

• Posted

I am having the same issues. Tried bio identical progesterone for a yr but blood test came back not so good so I stopped it . just a month ago it was awful anxiety was over the top , depressed now started Anti depressant its going on week 2 and I am feeling much better . I will say my issues were really bad the first week of starting it you must give it a chance ! Its a life saver ☺

My sleep is still falling asleep around 10 waking aay 4 a.m.ughh not fun!

• Posted

Cortisol inhibitor worked like magic for me.

You need to talk to your doctor and get it under control. The problem is that the heart palpitations freak you out and then anxiety sets in, which is a self perpetuating downward spiral. I got to the point where I was so scared to go to sleep, that I stopped sleeping. That's when I took my doctors advice and stared the AD, she knew what she was doing.

• Posted

Thanks Fiona , glad it worked for you.

3am and hers I go again, just trying to stay calm right now, thank you.

• Posted

Hi Lou, I read an old post where you were going to try b6 vitamins. Did you ever try them and did they help for mood?
    • Posted

Hi becky, how are you ?

Well I went for some blood tests the other week and my GP said I didn't need to take any supplements as you should get everything you need from your diet and in this country it's highly unlikely that we are deficient !!!! So ive stopped taking everything - honestly sometimes you don't know what to do for the best do you. I still take cod liver oil and Feraglobin but nothing else now. I was also taking glucosamine and he said not to bother with them either so stopped them too ! What do you do, I think if something makes you feel better then that has to be a good thing . What do you take ? 

• Posted

Hi Lou, Im doing ok. This whole peri thing gets quite confusing. I just take Vitamin D because I was on the low side per bloodwork. I know that everyone from about a year ago talked about vitamin b6. Im not one to usually take anything but because of how I feel some days I want to try anything. Ugh! I hope that you are having a good day...thank you for the response smile

• Posted

Yes becky it's anything that makes us feel better. Think, we have to use our own judgement. Plus my doctor is a man so what does he know about being in menopause anyway ! X

• Posted

Bahaha! Thats true! Half the female doctors dont have a clue either. Lol! I guess it is trial and error. I just want this over with lol! My periods are so messed up so are my emotions. Keep telling myself this is all normal
    • Posted

Yes all normal horrid symptoms sadly and its dealing with them that's even harder . 66 symptoms and ive had every single one of them and some ! We will get through all this one day im sure, just don't know which day ! ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.