Waiting For The Operation And Need It Now !!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

I'm now at the stage  where  even  the smallest amount of food 

gives me pain all over,  from  my chest , ribs back and front , stomach, 

feel sick,  start sweating. .  Does anyone know the best way to get the 

operation  moved forward  to ASAP.   

I'm on the waiting list but it could be months!   Don't know whether 

to see my GP or go to A&E  .

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes Linda I understand, it took me a year before I has surgery and what its like not to be able to enjoy Christmas because you're in so much pain. Unfortunately however much we complain at the end of the day its the nhs and the waiting lists are a nightmare, I use to work for the nhs a long time ago and its not the staff don't care they just don't have the resources to do what would like to give to people. I even looked at having mine done privately but it was so expensive where I am that I had to wait. 

All you can do it keep ringing I'm afraid and hope they get fed up of you calling and put you in sooner. As you cancelled even though it wasn't your fault they have to wait for someone not to need their appointment to be able to put you in, its not that they won't, just they can't.

Its very frustrating as I've been waiting for months now to see another consultant for a problem brought on by the surgery and they can't put me in any sooner so I'm still in pain after gallbladder removal.

Let us know when you get another appointment

• Posted

I kept going back to the GP. Not sure what the arrangement is like where you live, but where I am the GP can phone and speak to the surgical registrar at the hospital and have a patient admitted to the surgical ward. My nausea and pain were unreal as well. Don’t know how many different tablets I tried for the nausea. Still never found one that worked as it was the sick gallbladder making me feel like that. As soon as it was out the nausea disappeared. It took 2 admissions to the ward 5 weeks apart until I got it out as an emergency.

I really hope you get it out as soon as so you can feel loads better xx 

• Posted

Go to your GP, they will write u an urgent letter what mine had to do. The hospital for waiting list lie and mine told me to stop phoning. Get to the GP tell them u have had enough tbh I think its only so much you can take and when u are not getting an answer sooner its worst.
    • Posted

Update.   I saw my GP yesterday   and explained what's  happening. 

As soon as I left the surgery he was on the phone to the hospital which resulted 

in the  hospital   ringing me  early this morning  with an appointment for my surgery! !!

It's just over 2 weeks away.  !!!  My doctors are  pretty good and I have found the  

hospital staff  very good,   especially  the nurses.  

• Posted

That’s wonderful news! And you can be all recovered  for Christmas!! So pleased for you. 

• Posted

Thanks Lynne

I'm hoping to be able to have a little bit of Christmas dinner.

My daughter -in - law is in labour  with  her 1st child  of I'll be able

to get a few  cuddles in before  surgery.  😊

• Posted

So happy you’ve finally got a date! See GP’s aren’t as bad as people make out - or mines is spot on anyway. They know who they need to speak to to get things sorted! The staff in my local hospital are amazing despite being overworked. I actually took thank you card and gifts in for the ward as had been a patient there for about 3-4 weeks in the past year. Some of the nurses still remembered me from last year. Don’t think they get enough thanks for what they do so any little gift is well received. 

My best mate is also getting her gallbladder out next week but she’s been ok since having the ERCP to snip the bile duct so stones could pass through. Good luck for the surgery! xx

• Posted

The Emergency room, if they see how bad your symptoms are you will likely get surgery sooner than later, they will probably do an ultrasound and if they find that your gallbladder is inflamed they will expedite your surgery as inflammation could cause a big problem. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.