waiting on my date for my operation,

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi Everyone, I have been going back and forth to see my consulant about my hysterectomy and I am now waiting on a date for my operation. I have got my pre op this Thursday 23rd, and I was just wondering if anyone knows if that means my operation could be soon? I am getting a bit nervous now as I dont know what to expect.

Thanks if anyone can help.

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes it would be depending on whether you are private or nhs if you are nhs and going in a private hospital you be like me in a week or two if you are private it could be sooner depending on where you live there no need to be nervous it will be over before you know it you be wondering what you worry about when you had it done as I was when I had mine in Nov if you really want to know you could ring the hospital to find out
    • Posted

Hi caroline, I am nhs hospital. I know once it is all done I will be pain free and feeling great. I got sterilised 2 years ago so know what it is like to have surgery, but this is just a bit different.

Thank you for your kind reply.

• Posted

Hi Tracy,

What type are they doing?

• Posted

Hi marketa, I am having key hole and through my private bits. If thats what you mean.

I had an ablation done 2 years ago, and it has caused a lot of scar tissue in my womb, which has been causing cysts. I have told them to take my ovaries aswell, as both of my parents had cancer.

• Posted

I would agree with Caroline in as much as how soon your surgery is after your pre op is determined by the area you live & if you're going privately or not. As a guide I live in Essex, my pre op was 27th May & I was given a surgery date of 27th June. My sister who had her hysterectomy on 20th Jan had her pre op 17th December & a friend of mine who lives in London also had a gap of approximately 4 weeks between pre op & surgery. I have

heard of people having sooner and closer to 2 weeks between pre op & surgery, but you will definitely be leaving with your date.

For me 4 weeks is perfect as its given me enough time to prepare mentally & do all the practical preparation at home as well as attempting a health eating plan & try to be as physically fit as possible!!!!

Good luck for

• Posted

Thank you for your reply weBe. I live in Portsmouth, I was just shocked on how quick my pre op appointment came through. My consultation said my surgery would be within 3 months, but it makes me think it could be sooner. When you go for your pre op , can they tell you when your surgery is, or do you have to wait for a letter?
    • Posted

Hello,

I have a date for hysterectomy which is on September 23, but my gyn wants to see me tomorrow.

I don't know whether this is pre op or not.

Could you tell me what is the pre op that you had before?

Thanks so much

• Posted

hi hun, it was 3 weeks from pre op to surgery, nhs patient in nhs hospital, but there all different it alk depends on the hospital and consultant xx
    • Posted

Thanks ann marie. My consultation said my surgery would be within 3 months but now I have got my pre op already , it makes me think it could be sooner.

• Posted

Hi Tracy,

You should hear from them soon after your pre- op , as they have to do it within short time of getting pre-op. Otherwise they will have to send you for another pre-op if they leave it too long.

Good luck Tracy x

Phyl

• Posted

Hi phyl, thank you for your reply. I did think that it could be soon after my pre op, as if left to long things can change.

And thank you for your kind words. X

• Posted

Hi Tracy,

I was given my date, at my pre op which I could accept or decline. Confirmation by letter came 2 days later. I don't know of anyone who left their pre op without a date. 

• Posted

Wow, it looks like I should hopefully know on Thursday, fingerd I do, as I just want to get it over and done with. How long was your recovery time? I work with children and do lift things at work x
    • Posted

I didn't get a date at pre-op WeBe, they sent my ECG results away to be checked and once it was checked as good to go the consultants secretary phoned me to give me my surgery date. I almost sure that it must be done within 4 weeks of pre-op though!

Phyl x

• Posted

My surgery is 27th June, so just a week to go. I've also been to & fro with my consultant & have waited exactly 1 year for surgery although I will be having abdominal & not keyhole as I also have large fibroids. I anticipate having 3 months off work, but based on those I know who have had surgery I wouldn't recommend lifting things once you return to work.
    • Posted

Hi Phyl,

I had my ECG during pre op but didn't have to wait for results before surgery date. I'm an NHS patient. So Tracey, it maybe different for you. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer, but as everyone says, no more than 4 weeks between pre op & surgery (any longer, another pre op will be necessary)

• Posted

I hope all goes well for you WeBe. And hope you have a speedy recovery, but make sure you take it easy. Thank you for your reply.

Take care

tracy x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.