waiting on my date for my operation,

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi Everyone, I have been going back and forth to see my consulant about my hysterectomy and I am now waiting on a date for my operation. I have got my pre op this Thursday 23rd, and I was just wondering if anyone knows if that means my operation could be soon? I am getting a bit nervous now as I dont know what to expect.

Thanks if anyone can help.

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi I had pre op on the 30th of April & had my surgery done on the 6th of may hope everything goes well with your op & wish u a speedy recovery xx
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, that was quick, was that on the NHS? And thanks for your kind words. X
    • Posted

Yeah that was on the nhs I only waited a month all in from being told I was getting the hysterectomy to it being done but u really need to take it easy afterwards I ended up with a bleed & a post op infection & still really suffering 6 wks on really don't understand that timescale as every1 is different don't make the same mistake as me & overdo it just listen 2 what your body is telling u gd luck & hope everything goes well xx
    • Posted

Thank you barbara, hope you get better soon. I will definitely take my time with my recovery.

Take care xx

• Posted

I overdid it too the first time and almost had to have another surgery to correct it!  When they say do not lift over 10lbs they mean it. I wont do this again this time with my surgery. cheesygrin

• Posted

Hope you are feeling well Tracy.  Honestly my gyno wanted me up and walking around sooner than later.  I have 29 stairs to my apartment and she said well just go down them sideways and I did. As I told Barbara I will not overdo it this time. Last time lifted over 10lbs long story no one to help and almost ended up having another surgery to correct it but made it through and it did heal. No I am just going to have it opened up AGAIN!  Its okay though in the long run I know it will be benificial. Hope you are feeling okay. 
  • Posted

Hi Tracy I would say yeah as I got my pre op the end off this month then operation the end off August hope this helps, good luck x
    • Posted

Thanks lisa, this has definitely helped, I will let you know.

Hope your op goes well

take care xx

• Posted

I was given my surgery date before the pre-op date but there was about 2 weeks between.
  • Posted

Hi Tracy,i had my pre op on 12th Jan this year and my op was 29th Jan,this was NHS.I know because i work as a surgical nurse that they dont like to pre op you too far in advance,say 6 weeks because the MRSA swabs you have done and bloods wouldnt be too recent and may need doing again.I would therefore assume your op will be weeks away,if not sooner.I was lucky because they had a cancellation so i got my op earlier,as i was down for February...good luck xx
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I did think it would be sooner then they had originally said. Hope you have recovered from your op and you are doing well.

Take care xx

• Posted

Hi Tracy, just wondering if you received your date for surgery?
    • Posted

Hi WeBe , I had my pre op last Thursday and still waiting on a date for my operation. I rung the hospital on friday but the department I needed was closed, going to call them again tomorrow. I have been in a lot of pain and just want to get it over and done with. How did your surgery go ? Hope you are ok xxx

• Posted

I had mine about a week after I had previously op so should be very soon good luck and take it easy afterwards don't rush about too soon all the best x

• Posted

Thank you caroline. I will definitely take it easy afterwards, I cant afford to rush about to soon and then be off work for longer.

The only one thing I didnt have at my pre op was a test for MRSA, so I dont know why x

• Posted

Sorry to hear, you're still waiting. I'm sure it won't be long. My surgery went well thank you but I'm still in hospital as I have an infection but hopefully home tomorrow. Hope you get some news tomorrow xxx

• Posted

Hope you have a speedy recovery WeBe, and take it easy. Please keep me informed on how you are getting on. And I will let you know when I get my date through.

Kepp care

tracy xxx

• Posted

Thats odd they usually do I was in a private hospital under NHS I was off 8 weeks for work
    • Posted

I think I did a test for MRSA back in February of this year, so unless I didn't need another test because I had one then. I am looking at taking about 8 weeks off of work and then maybe go back in part time.

Kind regards xxx

• Posted

Thats it do as much as you want to start with as I do a physical job and still feel the sitches even now every now a gain and I had mine in last year
    • Posted

At my hospital the MRSA swabs are only valid for 6 weeks...so you may need re swabbing for a more recent result....i know our inpatients who are in hospital a long time have to be re swabbed once they have been in hospital for 6 weeks or more....😆

• Posted

Thanks for that information nursey. The nurse asked me if I had come into contact with anyone with MRSA, but didnt test me. I will call the hospital tomorrow to find out if I should of been tested.

Kind regards.

• Posted

Hi WeBe how are you feeling?. Hope you are on the road to recovery. X
    • Posted

Hi Tracey,

Thank you so much for asking. Surgery went well and apart from an infection which meant a prolonged stay in hospital (9 days) I'm recovering well. It's great to be home although a tad frustrating not being able to do much. I am taking everyone on this forums advice & resting and so far recovery is going well. Do you have your date? Surely you do now???

• Posted

Glad to hear you are resting and on the mend. Still no date yet, my surgeon is booked with operations up until the end of august, so waiting to hear if there is any other surgeons available. It has been over 2 weeks since I had my pre op. If no news next week, I am going to call them again.

Make sure you take it easy.

Take care

tracy xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.