waiting on my date for my operation,

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi Everyone, I have been going back and forth to see my consulant about my hysterectomy and I am now waiting on a date for my operation. I have got my pre op this Thursday 23rd, and I was just wondering if anyone knows if that means my operation could be soon? I am getting a bit nervous now as I dont know what to expect.

Thanks if anyone can help.

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Tracy if they are doing a pre up then your date should be set? They ate going to run some blood test top make sure you are ok for surgery. Don't worry. Just dip Everything your doctor says and PLEASE don't rush into your regular routine. Give your body and mind time to heal love👍
    • Posted

Thank you diana. Fingers crossed I will find out soon.

Take care xx

• Posted

Thats true as when I had mine I all ready knew when I was having the operation x
  • Posted

I got my surgery date before my pre-op date and there was 2 weeks between.  I have heard that, if for any reason your surgery is cancelled, the pre-op is valid for 3 months, though usually surgery is much sooner than that.  The long wait, in my case, was for a surgery date.  I waited from July to February If my condition hadn't deteriorated so much, or I had refused to change hospitals, I would have waited another 2 or 3 months.

• Posted

Thank you moira, I phoned the hospital yesterday for an update and the consultant I spoke to said the consultation who I saw was booked up with operations until the end of august, but if I was happy to be seen by another surgeon then it could be sooner. He has put me down to be seen asap, so just got to wait now.

Kind regards

tracy x

• Posted

Hi Tracey,

Have you had your surgery yet?

• Posted

Hi WeBe, I had my operation booked for 19th Sep, it has now been brought forward to 8th Sep, so 3 weeks Thursday. My consultant was booked with other operations through the summer holidays.

How are you feeling now? How many weeks post op are you? X

• Posted

Good News at last! I'm sure all will go well. I'm 6 weeks post op with no problems apart from weight gain and fatigue. Have started taking short walks and light housework, now need to stop eating!!!

Hope all goes well for you & look forward to hearing how successful your surgery and recovery goes xxx

• Posted

Glad to hear you are doing well. And I will let you know how my operation goes.

Take care xx😀

• Posted

Hi Tracey,

Emailing to wish you all the best for tomorrow

I'm recovering well and can't recommend it enough. Please let me know how you get on. Enjoy the rest and don't over do anything

Best regards

Wendy

• Posted

Hi Wendy, thank you so much for your nice message. I will definitely let you know how things go. Glad your recovery is going well.

Take care

Kind regards

Tracy 😀

• Posted

Hi Wendy, how are you feeling? My operation went well, everything removed and endometriosis was found. I am now 2 weeks post op, good and bad days maybe from me sometimes over doing it. Taking short little walks now and then but then feel very tired afterwards. I hope your recovery is going well.

Take care

Tracy xx

• Posted

Hi Tracey,

Based on some of the questions raised on this forum, I would say my recovery has been exceptional. No real problems to speak of except the aches and pains one would expect after major abdominal surgery. I'm 10 weeks post op and had my post op assessment with my surgeon on Thursday, he's happy with my recovery and I plan to go back to work on a Friday phased return on 10th October.

How are you recovering? I note you asked a question about hot flushes. I had these only for the first 10 days or so and I think this was all a part of the recover process immediately after surgery. I've not had them since, this is probably due to the fact that I retained my ovaries. Did you have yours removed & if so are you scheduled for any HRT?

I think it's so important, to take the time to heal, listen to your body and take it day by day. I would warn against complete indulgence, I've gained almost 2 stone (too much eating & then napping and not enough walking) but don't regret indulging myself.

Apart from the hot flushes has everything been ok?

• Posted

Hi Wendy. I had my ovaries removed , due to cancer being in my family. I get light headed now and then, and the hot flushes. I will not be given HRT until I have seen my consultant in 7 weeks time. I have lost weight if anything as not eating too much, as don't feel hungry. My recovery is going well. Glad to hear you are feeling better . Take care

Tracy x

• Posted

Tracy I am schedule to get mine done this October and it is nerve racking since I don't know what to expect. Wishing you well. Michelle.

• Posted

Hi Michelle, glad to hear you have your operation in October. And I know what you mean, I have been having dreams about my operation as it is getting closer to the time.

Hope all goes well for you.

Take care

Tracy xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.