Waiting on my PIP claim decision, how long roughly have others waited? I'm in South Wales area

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi everyone

I called dwp around end of April sometime to get a claim form for pip, I had the form within a week and had I think was a month to fill it in and send it back, due to needing help to film the form in I asked for an extension which they give me and extra 2 weeks ( which was great )

I had help from citizens advice and sent the form off on 22nd of may, had a letter and a txt to confirm I had a f2f assessment with capita on the 28th of June at home as I ticked on the form at home assessment. Which helped me a lot. The woman that came out was lovely but reading from others on here that's just how they are and tell aload of lies on reports, she told me I would hear within 2 weeks from my day of f2f assessment. I haven't heard anything at all, I've called them a few times and finally my report had been sent to dwp from capita on the 5th of June 17 but still no decision made as yet, anyone know how long it can take?

My anxiety is through the roof sad

I suffer with severe anxiety and depression and OCD and IBS, I often can't go anywhere due to my anxiety and the tablets I take for it just makes me constantly drowsy and tired as I also take tablets to help me sleep at night due to nightmares I get from when I found my mams ex partner hanging, so I struggle to go places on my own, unless I'm with someone I know well I won't go out and then I don't always go as I'm always feeling to drowsy, anxious ect and get panic attacks. Just want it all to be over with. I've worked most of my life and lost my job recently due to my condiction as I was struggling really bad to cope with it, I just don't know what to do or where to turn from hear until I can get better

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

From various other people’s experience I think ringing them on the last week on the date of your Dla payment ending on  letter is the best way to get the forms sent out etc as Iv read people have left it up to the last week of there Dla payment then rang but they don’t seem to have been paid there Dla I don’t know if that’s down to there own personal circumstances or the Pip people making an error during the claim process which then stops the persons Dla payment there’s that many different experiences I think its just a crab shoot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.