waiting on pip appeal

Posted , 8 users are following.

ive suffered with anxiety depression,panic and agrophobia for 31 years im now 51,dc suggested last september 2015 that i put claim in for pip, dc got a lady involved from cab so she could do me a medical note to send in to pip i gave permission for dc to let cab look into my medical history,she never did ive received all paperwork back from courts now so waitin on appeal date,just last week my dc eventually gave me medical notes on all meds ive had for my condition,my anxiety levels are that high at mo ive also been put on diazepan also take cymbalta 60mg and 35mg i got no points of assessment at all dreading appeal.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I am at the moment fighting my daughters, she has suffered epilepsy since she was a baby and is now 19,

She was getting DLA which stoppedal in January due to PIP taking over.

Since then I have had a fight on my hands as she was turned down, she only scored 2 points and that was because they agreed she couldn't prepare a simple meal.

We I'm always with her or her sister is, they have not scored on the fact she needs watching in a bath or shower, even if I'm sat outside the bathroom, just because she can wash herself, well I don't think at her age she will want me in the bathroom with her.

Even with the sunlight and trees blowing with flicker the sun we this will set her fits off too but they have not took that into consideration either.

I have asked for the manditory reconsideration and they still said no, so I have my council officer helping me now for the appeal.

Hope you All get yours sorted out.

• Posted

Really sorry to hear that Michelle.. I have the same issue with my daughter - although she doesnt have Epilepsy - she has POTS which means she faints and has seizures. Even yesterday she collapsed at school and had cluster seizures - about 15 in an hour.

They had to take her to A&E, but she is recovering at home now.

I have the exact same issue you have in that she cannot be on her own.

I was banking on getting full points for not being able to go outside to a known journey without supervision, but from what I am reading I might not get that sad

ย 

• Posted

Chris and MIchelle this is awful to read, just how does anyone score points then! Its just getting worse and worse this is. ย 

Anyone please can actually tell us how to get enough points. its like playing russian roullete trting to get this PIP ( permantly impossible payment!)

Sueย 

• Posted

If you persevere you will win in the end. You can get a copy of the assessment and then state your reasons for why you feel you do qualify. That is exactly what I did having been awarded 16 points last year ย for two years to then only be awarded 7 points after shoulder surgery in January when I was clearly worse off than last year. Which meant my award stopped . I heard this am that I had won my case by paper reconsideration at Tribunal stage. Best of luck ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€
    • Posted

The best insight you have is to look up what the PIPS descriptor points are before filling out your form.ย 
    • Posted

all my papework now with cab,they now seem to be doing more than previous,i av appointment with them on the 9th of june just to go through last of details as i now have proof of my gp,eg ow long i av suffered with this n all meds they trieo wait n see x
  • Posted

I'll beat that. I was sectioned for a month, was taking Lithium and a cocktail of other pysco drugs yet the DWP when assessing me as to my mental state and how it affected my life I was told I was cured!!!!

The decision came through whilst I was an in patient and when released I was in the never never land of fairies for years. I never appealed so lost over ยฃ20,000 by the time I had the ability to challenge the report 7 years down the line.

• Posted

I don't blame you. I thought that the system would work with people if there is a genuine problem. For me not raising an official appeal within 13 months of the decision even when that decision 7 years later was found to be totally wrong and they revised it, they still would not pay back what they agree I am entitled to - all down to not putting in an appeal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.