Waiting on pip claim

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys I had my assement over a week ago , I'm so worried there are going to cut me off .. I didn't like the man who assesed me ! And I just have an awful feeling I'm going to be cut off ! As my friend was .. I've had severe depression for years self harm etc .. I also have sciatica in my back which leaves me in bed for weeks I can't walk with it .. I can't lift or anything on a daily basis . I did explain this to the man .. I've Concilling physco therapy .. physiotherapiy . And loads more if I lose this benifit I don't no how il manage as it just me and two kids .. it been a week now since assement!😢

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

You can ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report. Although sometimes this isn't always a good idea but some people prefer it. It will let you see what was written during your assessment and give you some idea as to what the decision will be. Mostly the Decision maker will go with the report but sometimes against it. It wil also help if they refuse you because then you'll have it ready for when you ask for the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR).

Did you send in any evidence to support your claim? Hopefully you did. Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do but wait for the decision. Hopefully it won't be too long, some have a decision in about 2 weeks but it can take anything up to 8 weeks. Were you claiming DLA before or is this a PIP review?

• Posted

Hi been on dla for like over 5 years .. just few weeks b4 assement I was at doc all week as couldn't walk ! Do u think I should call ? Dwp

• Posted

I don't even no what mr is ? I've never been true all this before ! Like I cannot get in out bath etc with out help from mum ! I explained all this ! My depression is awful but he seemed more concerned about my back !

• Posted

Call DWP for what? To ask for a copy of the assessment report you mean? if so then some do some don't it's enterely up to you. An MR (Mandatory Reconsideration) would be something you'd ask for if you were refused. Hopefully you sent in plenty of evidence to support your claim and the decision will go in your favour. If you added a mobile number on the claim form you sent it at the begining they'll text you when they have all the info they need to make a decision. If you didn't then they'll send you a letter when they have all the info. Once you have recieved either of these you know it won't be long.

• Posted

Hi my mum been diagnosed with tennis elbow nueuropthy of the head .severe migraines, also now wearing brace on one foot problems with eyes her p I p is due to be assessed in 2021 do you think she reapply again with all these problems
    • Posted

Hi Morag,

As i've stated to you before whether you report these changes is entirely up to her BUT you do risk losing what claim she already has because they will look at the whole award again. 4 years is a long time to have an award for. and reporting changes they'll send her another form like she filled out before. May i ask how old your mum is and what award she already has please?

• Posted

They'll contact once a decision has been made but there's really nothing you can do in the meantime.

• Posted

Yes just have sit tight but I'm wondering should I ask for copy anyways incase they turn me down or wait til I get word

• Posted

It's entirely up to you as i said before, some people ask before a decision has been made some don't. It's PIP you need to ring if want a copy of the report. You'll need it for a MR if you need to go down that route anyway.

• Posted

Afraid you will have to be like the rest of us, wait and see, if you don't get what you think your entitled too appeal. Also don't know what happened at your assessment but if you have to go for an appeal make sure you have all the paperwork and take someone with you for support, don't get flusttered and make sure you give them all the info. Good Luck

• Posted

MR comes before the Appeal. Whilst most MR decisions don't change it can happen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.