Waiting times for hysterectomy in sunderland

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I am a 43 year old waiting to go in for a total hysterectomy. I had an endometrial oblation a year gone September and sterilisation this failed. I bleed from maybe 19 - 25 days straight off then couple of days off this is making me very unhappy, tired and angry I have signed my papers and just waiting for surgery date. Can any one in the sunderland area give any timescale to when I will get appointment or how long you have waited and advice x

Nic 😔

1 like, 118 replies

118 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Nic

I myself after having embolisation done in 2012 worked for the large fibroid I had. But in 2014 a new one was found. So decided on a total hysterectomy I'm due to day for pre opp assement. I first went to see consultation in Feb but didnt decide until March for the opp. So I'm no wiser has to how long I will have to wait. Here in Stoke it's a 18 week wait from consultation to end of treatment.

• Posted

Hi

Thank you so much for your quick reply , normally your pre op is week before your operation I have been advised, my consultant knows I go away for a week in June so said after that? I'm off work the minute due to heavy period and cramp. I might have to ring up next month to see if any idea as can't go on like this. Please keep in touch and let me know how today goes x good luck

Nic

• Posted

Your very welcome I think it depends on circumstances I rang my consultant secretary n she told me these pre opp assement s are valid for 6 mths. But in reality health circumstances can change in that period of time. I would go bk n see your Gp or have your consultant to ring you to express your concerns. Thx you Nic hopefully will no more today n will let you know what the outcome is.☺x
    • Posted

Hi Nic

It took 2hrs to go through the pre opp assessment. Because I was stressing my blood pressure was high nearly landed in there sooner. I did ask and was told it could be anytime. Once gone through pre assessment opp it does escalate. And it's the consultatan Secretary that has the dates. Hope your feeling better to.☺x

• Posted

Hi lord was a long pre op bless you thanks for letting know x keep in touch xxx Nic
    • Posted

Hiya

Thought I would give you a quick mail, have you heard anything else regarding your operation yet? Fingers crossed that you will hear soon, please let me know how you are and I will you, I'm going for another scan tomoro as they think the cyst in my ovary may of grown so causing more pain than normal so just want to check x I'm just going to go through the process as when i do have my operation they taking them anyway but only so many painkillers you can take xxx

• Posted

Hi Nicola

After a 2hrs wait in pre opp assessment of weight, height ecg, checking lungs,blood pressure and blood testing of about 4viles. I had to go bk to do the blood sample for the one for blood transfusion plus my blood pressure was up to managed to get it down to satisfy them. I had to stop taking the esmya has it was starting to make my heart beat a little faster. Plus I developed a rash on my hands.I've started with the hip pain again on my right side n I screenplay so many pain killers you can munch on lol.Spoke to my sis in law who had it done n says if had pre opp shuns,t be to long. She also give me a tip if struggling with your bowls, tip a washing up bowl upside down n place your feet on it while on the loo puts the bowl in the right position. I am having a full hysterectomy with being 49 n leaving ovaries behind could course cysts or cancer that's what my consultant told me.I hope all goes ok with your scan n treatment starts soon so you can get some relief from the pain.x😀

• Posted

Hi

I can't believe how many tests they do, what is esmya?

I do also have the pain on right side which is where my cyst is, I am having my ovaries removed as I told Dr I did not want to come bk in 2 years time to have them removed. So even though 44 nearly I said just put me on HRT which he said best thing to do, I'm scared but also wishing it was here to like you say munching on paracetamol all the time I will have to go to rehab to sort an addiction hahaha, I don't know about you but I am so angry all the time, crying my poor husband is getting it left right and centre bless, I should be back at work tomorrow after my scan but I can be sitting at my desk and cry for nothing I feel stupid but what can I do x

• Posted

Lol at rehab yes no what you mean esmya is a fibroid shrinking drug. Depends if gp will sign for it on Nsh has its expensive. I was lucky my consultant signed for my gp to administer it. But has side many effects. If you go to the Nsh web site and type in esmya it will give the details. It is unusually given has a pre opp medication to shrink bk large fibroids to make surgery easier for surgern. Could be your hormones are out of wack and stressing with what is happening to you. Is there a herble remedy called kalms which helps with stress. Can buy it over the counter or have a word with your chemist if they can recommend something non prescription. Xx ☺
    • Posted

You are not stupid Nic we women have to put up with a lot of things with our bodies, it's just finding the right thing to make us feel better inbtwn until it's sorted for good. Have You tried Co codimol can get it over the counter from chemist about £2 for 24 or £1.30 for 12 I think but be carefull can be addictive if taken for long time. Xxx
    • Posted

Haha I think it's too late for addiction lol x I will try anything x I work for company that is big but has no feelings you are a number and that's it my manager is a woman but has as much tact as a swinging brick she has no idea and advised me lots if woman go through it it's the norm?? I nearly lost it with her I was crying and she might as well of said just get in with it x I don't think can cope with her I might need to see my senior manager and gave a chat, I'm not a violent person but she would make mother Theresa crack haha xx
    • Posted

Think I would have asked your female manager has she ever suffered with painfull periods and a painful cyst.Then come and tell me just to get on with it. I'm sure Mother Teresa wud have prayed for her intolerance and hoped in another life she never suffers like the rest of us do. I had a problem with my shoulder n ended up in surgery and the pain killers I was on I'm surprised I wasn't in a dependency unit lollll. I'm not a violent person either but being menopausal loll I do snap easy at the moment my kids tend to be quiet good when having an episodelollll. Us your senior manager good at listening and sorting problems out n keeping issues btwwn collegues in the office. xxx 😊
    • Posted

Hahaha yeah my kids seem to just know wen I'm not myself and go and play on mario Cart ha x to be honest my senior manager is a friend if my manager and seem to take sides but if need be I will go further up, I'm nearly 44 not 4 x well that's enough winging hahahah I'll be crying again, I'll let you know how scan went x take care and thank you x
    • Posted

Yes please let me know how you go on with your scanxx. Good luck and your very welcome x😀
    • Posted

Hiya

Well had scan and it has grown but at least I know why my pain has increased, the nurse was lovely she told me as they taking my ovaries out anyway, work was actually ok this time but I think it may be because of my news xx I'll keep you updated as you me xx Nic

• Posted

Hiya

That's kinda good news at least you know why the pain was so bad. Have you had any news on when they will be sending you for a pre opp assessment. Mine came 4weeks after scan from the hospital. Perhapes your manager realised she was insensitive towards you the other day.I've not heard anything has yet kinda not looking forward to opp feeling more scared has each day goes by 😒xxx

• Posted

Hiya

I understand how scary it is I think this is because it's now real and yes I'm scared too x no news in my pre op as of yet but if it's 4 weeks after scan then I go away in 5 weeks so hopefully it's wen I get back, i have said if cancellation comes along I wud cancel my hol but he said not many cancel as they waited too long x I'm here throughout your journey wen ever you need a chat I'm here I check my mails all the time xxx 😃

• Posted

The you Nic it's comforting to hear and like wise same here I'm in for the long haul, I think a problem or a worry shared is a worry or a problem halfed or resolved. Not all blokes understand what women go through with there bodies. And has all the good intentions of trying because they love there wives or girlfriends sometimes a person going through the same thing can be a comfort we are not alone. I'm same always check my emails and try and answer has soon has I can.😃xxx
    • Posted

Yes you are right my husband bless him is slats trying to comfort me and like you say tell us we will be fine but yes a problem halved is a problems shared x speak soon
    • Posted

Hiya

Just thought I'd send a quick mail to see if you have received your appointment date yet? X please let me know how you are

Nic x

• Posted

Hi Nic

Not heard anything yet my right side is still sore n painfull. Just taking pain killers when pain gets to bad. How are you and have you heard anything yet on pre opp assessment. Xx

• Posted

Hiya x awe I know how you feel I take tramadol it's the only thing that helps x no nothing yet hopefully soon tho as feel like I'm going to explode haha, hopefully you hear this week I thought you may of heard by now xxx
    • Posted

Hiya. Nic

It's just over a week since my pre opp assessment so I'm hoping that I shud here sometime this week.I did get appointments with gyno posted 2weeks after I'd seen him. Lol at explode that's made me giggle. Let me know when you hear.xxx

• Posted

Hahaha eeee it's how I feel lol xx yes I'll def tell you wen I here and you to xx speak soon xx
    • Posted

Ok Nic loll good to have a sense of humor gets you through the days or 🍷🍷🍷few of those lol xxx😄
    • Posted

Hiya

I can't believe you have not heard anything yet x I hope you ok and keeping strong xx keep in touch hon xx

• Posted

Hi Nic

Keep hoping I hear something soon put me out of my misery lol. Hope your ok too xx

• Posted

Haha I know how you feel but just keep taking 💊💊 and plenty of 🍷🍷🍸🍸 and we will be fine ha x I finally got something to stop my bleeding for now started taking them today but have to stop on day of return from my. Hols so at least I won't have to worry about that whilst away x eeeee bless us it will be over soon hopefully wen we all done we will have to arrange to meet sometime to meet and catch up xx speak soon x
    • Posted

Lol lol yes diffo plenty of wine or whiskey and pill popping. Glad x you have found some relief for your bleeding n discomfort. I hope so soon been over 6years from first visit to gyno with first one .Hope yours comes soon to, yes be lovely to chat n catch up. ☺xx
    • Posted

Oh lord I didn't realise it was so long you have suffered bless you xx I went to bed early last night after taking first 💊 and went out like a light haha xx speak soon xxx
    • Posted

Aww glad you got some relief after suffering for so long xx. It's kinda proccedure they put you on cost effective ways. Without putting you through surgery. The Merina coil they fitted fir first one just fed it lol. Must have thought it's Christmas had come all at once.lolll But did relieve the pain for awhile and stopped my periods.

Ok speak soon n will let you know has soon has I get word from gyno n let you know how you get on to xx

• Posted

Hiya just checking in, u still haven't heard anything so going to give them until end of week then ring them as no pre op yet xx how's you hope you coping take it no appointment yet? Have you rang them they may of forgot about you?? By this rate you will need another pre op as anything could of changed between then and now xxxx 💊🍸 good cocktail tho haha xx
    • Posted

Hiya

No still blinking waiting, thinking gyno gone on cruise having lots of 🍻🍷🍷🍷And💃🏃. Will give a ring and check end of week. Lol yes good combo 💊🍷🍷🍷certainly would help loll. I'm ok at mo just pound the gym to get rid of frustration. Hope your coping ok to xxxx

• Posted

Hahahahaha eeee funny x yeah no use sitting moping will have plenty if time to so that x speak soon x
    • Posted

Hiya x

I rang my consultant yesterday and asked if any news on a date I have been penciled in for 16th July so will get my pre-op 1-2 weeks before then xxx please ring your consultant as I think you waited long enough hon xxx

• Posted

Hiya Nicola

Glad to hear you have got a surgery date, i'm going to ring today being honest I have being putting it off. Plus to put my mind off it been helping redecorate my brothers flat all week. If I think to much it does stress me not the opp but the after surgery. But I think if I've got a date I can prepare myself mentally, not knowing n waiting for the letter box rattle with the post is the worst loll shall be on a 2box's of💊 and 2 bottles of 🍷loll.xxx

• Posted

Hahahaha that tickled me lol xx yes def ring them and let me know like we said rehab next for withdrawal symptom for drink and drug abuse haha eeee it's not funny really but have to laugh x yes I am worried about the after surgery but we need to be strong x we can send each other jokes but try not to burst our stitches lol xxxx

• Posted

Lolll diffo have to find the funny side of things or wud crack up xx. Rang Secretary this morning she thought I was on the esmya pre opp drug. I had to stop taking them after about 3weeks got a bad reaction of them. Ended up shaking one nite from head to toe. Plus gyno had gone on holiday think they were going to leave me until July after taking it fir 3mths then opp. She said wad going to speak to gyno and get back to me. But will ring again weds or Thursday if Secretary forgot about me..shall be in a padded cell by time this date is all sorted lolll.xxxx

• Posted

Hahahah eeee they useless some if these gynies ha x I'm not taking the tablets to stop my bleeding as felt awful on them but not bled as of yet x if anything happens I can always wear my shorts we I go away next week haha xx let me know if you get your date hon, talking about padded cells we are in a padded bubble at the minute waiting to escape ha xxx
    • Posted

Hi Kizzy

Any news yet? Wondering if you rang his secretary and if you got your date xxxx thinking if you x 🍸🍸😀 xx

• Posted

Hi Nic

I did ring gyno Secretary and she thinks it's going to be end of July, but will ring Monday has she said was going to speak to gyno Dr has they didn't, no I'd stopped using esmya. But I dud ring and left a message on the answer machine fir the Secretary. X 💊💊💊 needed has now doing my head in with not knowing. xxx

• Posted

Hi hon

Can't believe they still not got you penciled in for a date 🔫 they shouldn't be saying they going to speak to him then not it's a disgrace x yeah pop the 💊💊 and 🍸🍸 shame we not at same hospitals can you imagine if we were in the same ward haha that would be hilarious and popped stitches all over with laughing haha xx keep ya chin up hon we will get there xx

• Posted

Hi Nic

I think it cud be I had a shoulder opp Sept 2013, n just being safe health wise or i'm just making excuses fir them. Lol yes find ing the funny side of being stuck in a hospital bed being 💊💊💊💊💊zombies x . Yeep keeping positive with help of the. 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷Loll . Have see what excuses I get on Monday. xxx

• Posted

Morning Kizzy x

Well got up this morning with horrible pain in my right side, everytime I get up and walk thought it was because needed toilet but it's not that x stressed about making sure all sorted for hubby and kids before I go away on Wednesday prob that haha took more 💊💊💊💊 to help xx let me know what doc says tomoro xxc

Nic

• Posted

Hiya. Nic

I was getting that for about 6mths off n on, it appears to have subsided fir now but it does appear it's ugly head from time to time. But stife hips n back pain are a daily burden. Happy holidays fir Wednesdayxx n Don,t worry about hubby n kids. They will manage n I'm sure hubby will ask fir help if he needs it while your away.

Phoned the Secretary no date had been set she put me through to appointments, who said no date, s are available yet and cud be August. Did point out that my 18 weeks are end of July. Will have to see what happens n probably get hubby on phone if no joy by end of June fir a letter with a date. Xxx😞

• Posted

Hi Kizzy

I'm back from my hols had an amazing time just what I needed x how are you doing? Any need yet? I still haven't received appointment through post yet I'll give them a ring to see where it is xxx

• Posted

Hi Nic

Glad to hear you had a lovely time n all refreshed. X Not heard anything yet but appointment lady who I spoke to said that gyno,s at the hospital I'm at only do 1or 2 surgery a week for hysterectomys.

I would give appointments a ring to see what's happened to your surgery date. When does your 18wks end it starts from the date of your consultation of your decision to have surgery.xx mine ends July so looking forward to see what happens when they can,t make there promise to there 18week promise of treatment. Xx

• Posted

Hiya

I called them yesterday and def in for the 16th July, she said my appointment should come through next week as she a bit behind sending them out as only came back to work after her car accident, she was lovely x see if it does x can't believe they only do that many surgeries?? Xx well I'll keep you informed hon and you do same xxx

• Posted

Hi Nic

I had a surprise phone call yday the hospital called me from gyno×.They have a slot for me. An it is this Monday 29th June at 11.30am. I'm scared has well has relieved. Hope your ok? ××

• Posted

Hi Kizzy

Great news I'm so pleased but also anxious for you as it's a big one xxx fingers crossed thinking of you xx. 💊💊💊💊💊💊soon be 👯👯 haha xx keep me informed hon xxxx

• Posted

Good luck for tomoro honey cx hope all goes well thinking if you xxx Nic
    • Posted

Hi Nic

Thank you , have been keeping myself busy the last few days trying not to think about it. Bricking it one word I was describe my feelings at the moment.xx I no once I'm there I shud be fine. Xxx. couple of these 🍻shud calm my nerves tonite lolxx

• Posted

Hi Kizzy

I have been thinking about you all day I hope all went well, they have brought mine forward by 2 days better than nothing I suppose xx take your time and get well soon let me know how you are when you up to it cxxx your hysto buddy xxxx

• Posted

Hi Nic

I'm bk home after 4days in hossy I had binkini line cut n bladder catheter put in to drain off post opp build up of water n blood. I've ended up with a bladder infection n stings like he'll when going the loo. Having antibiotics and the injections once a day fir 7 days of anti clogging (thrombosis) in the belly.(District Nurse coming out to do it.)xx

Just feel tired and I'm carrying rocks in my belly loll (post opp swelling) . Thats good news brought forward abit.xxx

Couldn't replie in hospital hardly any reception on the ward. xx

• Posted

Hi hon x OMG I hope you are ok x I know it's going to be bad ha I'm so stressed out crying all the time I'm like tiny tears haha xx hope you being well looked after and spoiled ha xx thinking if you xx speak soon xxx 😷💊💉 then 🍸🍸 x
    • Posted

Hi Nic

Hey I was worried to but the staff who were performing my Opp were lovely n soothed my nerves. xxTry and not stress to much and elevated your blood pressure. But believe me yes a few discomforts and the nursing staff will cater for your pain relief. n if you feel nauseous xx they Will sort it out to. I'm ok bk at home walking up n down stairs. Sometimes trying to get to the loo Be4 my bladder beats the toilet lollll .

You will be ok they might ask to do a spinal block which just numbs you from the waist to your feet. Which is a total weird feeling when u wake up lolll. Try n not worry to much ok everything will be ok. .😀xx

• Posted

Hiya

You have eased my worries hon , when they do a spinal tap are you asleep too? Anything to ease pain haha x I'm thinking about not going into work the day before as so much to sort and I think if a customer shouted at me I may lose the plot ha x I will let you know what's going on I will clock in on a daily basis to see how you are xxxx take care I feel like I've known you for years haha xx

• Posted

Hiya Kizzy x

How are you doing hope you are ok and still chilling like you supposed to x x

• Posted

Hi Nic

I'm replying to your mails but there disappearing off the link to your last mail I'm ok sore but mobile. Xxxx

• Posted

Hi Nicx

I'm just checking in with you to see if your ok and how your getting on. Let me know chick if you are ok.xx

• Posted

Hi Kizzy

I'm ok hon just really anxious, had pre op yesterday and told to take it easy as my heart rate up an BP slightly but I'm fine haha x how you doing? Xx hope you taking it easy xxx

• Posted

Hi hon x well I go in tomoro 7.30am, I so nervous I've go a bit tummy upset haha x I know I'll be fine but ya still get scared x hope your doing ok hon and still taking your time xx I'll check in with you in couple of days xxxo
    • Posted

Hi Nic

That is to be expected bit of tummy upset with nerves. Just think this time tomorrow it will be all over. Xx I shall be thinking of you tomorrow x wishing you loads of well wishes chick. No drinking wine or beer tonite not allowed. .hugss petal stay strong xx

• Posted

Awe thank you so much hon x yes can't wait I'm wishing bedtime to be here haha xx yes no alcohol haha I'll keep your hugs with me x thank you for all your kind words and support x speak soon xxxxx 😘
    • Posted

Good luck today Nicx. .stay strong hope you have a good book or word search to keep you proccupied. I will get in touch in a few days to see how you are. Xxx
    • Posted

Hi Nic

I hope your doing well and in not to much pain xx. Recoup has much has possible, no heavy lifting or hoovering .After a couple of weeks are allowed to pick up weight of 3pint kettle. My son does my hoovering for me at the moment. Take care and look after yourself n hope hubby is pampering you. Xxx

• Posted

Hiya Kizzy I am sorry not answered you I tried but like you know internet is poo ha x u have just got home, I have had 2 sections but this is 10 times worse the pain is nasty haha xx how are you doing? My daughter doo g all housework bless her xxx glad to be home tho x xxx
    • Posted

Hi Nic

Hey no worries how do you mean you had two sections? Just glad your ok ans back home,xx have you got a district nurse coming to cu for the thrombosis injections n to check your wounds n 'put clean pads on your stitches. XxHopefully your pain will subside soon. I'm ok walking better but if stand still to long end up stiff has a post loll. Pain wise manageable just get bad grapping pain in my stomach. Which is like trapped wind, which goes when I pant like in labour loll. But only wind passes eventually joys of life. It will go away when body amends just part of the post opp. Behave n listen to your body. Xxx

• Posted

Hi I have had 2 c sections in the past and this is far worse ha x no district nurse hon injecting myself!! No pad on my wound they pathetic x they didn't empty my catheter and it burst all over the floor?? Left me 45 minutes before bringing pain relief just glad I'm home and been looked after haha don't even know when I have to get stitches out I'll ring my nurse tomoro xxxx
    • Posted

Hiya petal

Have you stitches that errod by them selves with a water proof type plaster band has a sealant.xxx Hossy tried that with me self inject, but told them I couldn't had phobia of injecting. Forced there hand to send a district nurse. That's bad leaving you like that with catheterxx. Are you ok with your water works. If it stings and needing the loo a lot might be infection has catheter s can course bladder infections.

Good to hear your being looked after. Xx

• Posted

I have no idea hon if they rot or have to be taken out? How bad is that ha x I am peeing for England just hurts when coming out but full if wind so drinking peppermint tea mmmm xx my bleeding was bad but not to bad now!! X yes I'm being looked after my daughter Shawnee won't let me do anything bless x I've just had a nice shower so going to relax watch a bit if TV xxx
    • Posted

Hi hon

I'm a little worried! As I have a lip on my tummy off previous ops I'm scared incase of infection I know this may sound stupid but what's best to clean my wound? X my sister going to do it x I feel sick and weepy ha what's happening xxx

• Posted

Hi Nicxx

Being honest I've just used a mild soap or could use is it called detox like an antibacterial soap. But use clean hands not a cloth or sponge. Has they can hold bacteria that normally harmless to unbroken skin. XJust gently cleanse the area but usually has to be around 4days pre opp be 4 wetting site. But my site had gotten really hot last nite, realised it was my naylon tights were the reason why. Try not to worry the sickness cud be the injections n the knockout drug they administered for the opp. It will still be in your system does take awhile to filter out.x Try using some anti sickness but be careful how many u take has they can make constipated a little.

If still worried have aword with your Gp or nurse as soon has you can. Xx

• Posted

Hiya thanks x my sister cleaned it for me she thinks they Rot out? But I'm heavily bruised xx need to get up all the time but trying to be good haha xx I'm only bleeding slightly now but nightmare having a wee x early days xxxxx thanks so much you a good friend xxx
    • Posted

Hiya xx

Your very welcome and being post opp buddies it's great your family are there to support to. I agree total nitemare on the bladder it will get better but if not any better after 10 day post opp have a word with ur Gp. Xx

I had bruising on my belly button district nurse says they sometimes lean on you during surgery.

Your a good friend to Nic xxxx

• Posted

Awe thanks x I will call go in Monday hon xx my sister took a picture of my bruising it goes from scar to belly button, hip to hip it's nasty haha think they used me as a trampoline lol xxx eeee bloody hurts to laugh haha xxx keep checking in xx speak soon xxx
    • Posted

Hiya petalxx

I was shopping with my son when your message pinged on my phone. I kinda laffed out loud when read used u has a trampoline. Son looked at me quizzical so explained about this forum and about us two support ing each other. He said how nice that was to do he's 17 n quiet level headed.

Pain relief is it adequate n taking the edge of your pain? Xxx

• Posted

Hahaha yes it was quite witty must be the drugs haha xx u have just told Shawnee about your son she was like oooo as she is 16 hahaha x I have spoken about you from the start and she also thinks it's lovely and once we are recovered I think a meet and drink would be good xxx
    • Posted

Morning Kizzy

Just checking in x I was back at the hospital on Sunday as worried about my wound opening they checked me out and told me strict couch rest hahs x when I'm sitting it feels like trickling under my skin unsure if you have felt this? Weird feeling xx how are you doing hope all good xx Nic 😀

• Posted

Hi Nic

Hope all is ok now n your behaving n resting. I had similar thing with my shoulder opp weeping wound. They just patched me up with new dressing loll.xx

I'm fine just felt like I'd got rubble in my belly for first couple of weeks. But yes did have that feather tickling feeling. Hope your drinking plenty if fluids n dressing changed regular.listen at me sound like a bossy nurse lolll xxx

I'm bit nawty keep 4getting n go to do things I'm not supose to. 😕

Darn,t touch alcohol at mo goes through me like a dose of salt loll.

Have to do the omplyics on pelvic thrust to hold my booze in loll😇

• Posted

Hahaha yes I'm behaving myself do not have a choice lol xx I have no dressing on my wound hon they took it off day I left hospital this is why I'm worried x my husband Jeff asked me if I wanted a drink I said oh no not yet haha too soon even though it may be a good pain killer hahaha but dread going for a wee as it knacks haha xxx
    • Posted

Hi Nic

Lol remember that sharp sting all to well not nice. Hope it's not an infection in your bladder through having the catheter fitted. Water works Still abit hot when going the loo but doesn't sting like it use to.

Rest ing myself at mo feeling abit like trying abit to hard to get bk in shape. Xxx lol stiff whiskey wud go down a treating be a seditive has well heh.xx😁🍹🍹🍹

• Posted

Hahaha what is alcohol haha xx it's not stinging hon it's pain so will ring nurse tomoro xxx but I'm not too bad today bit sore but it's like I have narcalepsi hahha because I like just fall asleep without warming haha xxx
    • Posted

Good morning

Just checking in to see how you are,did you go to see your Gp? Xx

I've had a letter yday to go n see my gyno middle of August for a check up I think.

But bit worried some areas across my belly when I pinch to check for sensation I can,t feel my pinching. I just feel like a static sensation (numb ).xx😟

Stitches have rotted completely now a part from the last one on my right side, think he must have anchored it with triple knot loll.

The one that came away last nite I just have a very small pin hole where skin not knitted properly on top surface of the skin.

Hope your feeling better today are you doing your feet rotation n foot waving has I call it to keep your blood circulation going while resting? 😀Xxx

• Posted

Morning hon

No I didn't go thought it must be normal x I am bleeding again but again think it's normal?? Feeling very tired all the time just chilling xx yes do my feet waving lol xx I can't feel my tummy at all feels awful and hate cleaning my scar makes me sick ha xx I can't see any of my stitches just the one that came out last week? Xx have you been in the bath yet? Don't know how long have to wait xxx when I left the hospital I was given a 2 month sicknote so means it finished 14th September this the day I go away for a week xxx

• Posted

Hi Kizzy

How's it going x I am so sore at the moment my scar is stinging all the time so again resting, I went out for lunch on Sunday walked from car into pub no alcohol ha then back to car but omg it just hit me far too soon xx how's it going with yourself you managed to do anything? I am wondering if you have been in the bath yet? As when reading up in it there is so many different answers xx I just fancy a soke with salt haha I'm not asking for much hahaha xxx

• Posted

Hi Nic

Mmmm are you nearly 2weeks post opp, xx at that stage I stayed house bound just pottered about the house or bk garden. Becarefull has energy levels can be abit all over the place for awhile. XOnly today 4weeks post opp decided to pop to shop on my own. 20mins walk there snail pace lol n same bk plus 10 mins pottering about to get items. Felt fine until 10 mins nearly home. Xx Son phoned me to c if I was ok, daughter came on her bike to meet me. I was flagging loll,then saffnoon while waiting for call to be answered I was going sleep.only got conscious when automation voice telling me not long for advisor. Bath I was told has long has wound is sealed its ok but shower is better. I was in bath after 6days stitches were sealed n wound ok according to DNurse. Lol ouchhhhh with salt that will sting, I'd probably just try a normal bath first. Incase of wound s might not of knitted properly. Mine still stings every now n again when I've been on feet to long. Take your time your proceedure was more than mine n probably take a little more longer to do basic things. frustrating I no! Xxx

• Posted

Hi Nic

Just becareful Don,t push to much to soon, xxI'm ok but still get tired if on feet to long. Salt bath perhaps wait just have normal bath. Has salt may rot stitches sooner than needed to be rotted. I had bath week one of post opp. I'm walking,dusting, gliding the Hoover letting the hoover do the work I don,t push on it. Cooking xx but making sure I don,t lift anything heavier than 4bags of sugar. You be carefull and take your time in getting better. Xxx

• Posted

Hiya

I learned yesterday too much too soon hon x yeah I'll try a bath with no salt or bubbles boohoo xx my daughter Shawnee is doing the hoovering and she struggles as the suction is strong haha bless she tries xx yes you need to take it easy too I'm still bleeding where I can actually feel it coming out nasty lol xxx I have appointment tomoro morning with nurse xxx

• Posted

Hiya

Ooooo that does sound nasty but just think in a few months time it will a distant memory. Hope all goes ok with the nurse, I stopped having periods after the embolisation. 👍👍👍👍. And no bleeding only with catheter during hospital n few days at home. Awww bless with ur daughter trying to Hoover, she sounds a great teenager. Xx 😀😀 I'm trying to chill with a stroppy girl teenager hard work lollll xxx

• Posted

Haha I think I'm lucky with Shawnee even my 8 year old son kian doing his own room ha bless him x but Shawnee did go through the Kevin the teenager stage lol xxx yeah I bled first couple of days them it stopped but now bled last 5 days I'll get it sorted tomoro xx yes just think next few weeks be feeling better xx speak soon hon take care xxxx
    • Posted

Hi hon

Wow that was a long walk no wonder you were knackered bless you, good job ya daughter came to check and help you home and you didn't phone my work did you haha long call waits lol xx yeah I found it out the hard way need to stop doing so much, I went to the nurse today and she said scar ok but again told to stop thinking I'm super woman haha she sent off my sample as blood in there so want to make sure if It is infection they give me right meds x I'm trying to take just paracetamol but they rubbish haha xx

• Posted

Hi Nic

No what you mean trying to be super woman. Had to rest yday got board didn't go for my usual walk,so decided to catch up on some house work. Lolll think it's catching up with me the opp n the healing process.

Hope it's not an infection but medication will help sort out the problem. But does sound abit long still be bleeding when going the loo. Xx

Paracetamol are ok for mild pain but if in more pain it's finding the right one. And ending up feeling like a zombie Lolll xx

Quiet surprised daughter came to me n diffo moulded kim off kevin the teenager. Very moody girl 😀 . Phone call eventually got through 25mins left dangling with awfull music n automated voice every 3mins.

Hope you getting better and you got ur medication after the test. 😃xx

• Posted

Hiya

I've got to ring this morning for test results x yeah girls are more moody than boys haha x yes I'm not even sure what I'm not supposed to do you said before that the tiredness just hits you I even paused what I was watching them fell asleep I can't even remember doing it lol xxxxx

• Posted

Hiya petal x

How are you? Have you been able to have a bath? I had my results bk from gyno to my gp. Transpires I had original fibroid and multiple smaller ones and cysts on fibroids. All I can say is glad I listened to hubby. XHope your feeling better in yourself n able to keep awake bit better. Xxx

• Posted

Hi hon

Yeah I managed a bath much better than a shower ha x lord just as well you had your surgery hon xxx u went for very small walk today but felt really spaced like I was drunk. ( I wish haha ) I'm now starting to get slight feeling in my tummy but my whole stomach hurts like stinging feeling are you getting same feeling? I've had to start on the codeine again to help xx

• Posted

Hiya

Aww we glad you managed to have a bath nawt like a good hot soak. You will get stronger the more you do some walking.xx

I've got no sensation about an inch up from wound from left side all across to my right side on lower part of belly. Totally numb at the moment but on my main part of belly is ok. Lolll I've not done to bad on 🍻 bladder has got bit more stronger. Omg fizzy drinks are a no no can,t do those.Lolll.x

It will after a walk feel iffy has stomach muscle and hips are being used. It Will get better good idea to use pain killers will help with the walking. Xx

Omg I'm happy listened to hubby had my own little fibroid city going on. Ever likly so tired n painful. We will get to the other end n chuckle about our convos. Xx

• Posted

Haha your own little fibroid garden lol xx my left side most painful it knacks haha xx yes we will defo have to come to stoke and meet you and your hubby nice meal etc once we better xx Jeff told me today that my gynie said after my op that a lot of endometriosis? But I was told from my previous gynie told me it wasn't? I can't remember even seeing him I was that drugged up haha x will find out more when I go for my check up xxx
    • Posted

Hi hon , sorry it's late been great taking it easy and been no bleeding for a few days but tonight started again, if I take it any easier I'll fall over in a coma ha ha xx I had been in a lot of oain then instantly the pain stopped ??? Thought oooo I feel normal them oh no it was testing me little sh*t haha x lot of pulling but feel good thing I'm healing like we said long process but if bleeding stopped I'd be good xxx how's you going good I hope hon x when you think you be going bk to work? Sorry for swearing lol xxxx
    • Posted

Hiya hon

I'm not to bad at the moment, I started bleeding again yesterday only a little so just relaxed x I did a ten minute walk the day before thought i had ran a marathon haha x how are you doing ok I hope? I am doing my pelvic floors but still feel like I'm leaking unsure if normal as I have always done pelvic floor even before op so pretty strong are you having the same? Xxxx

• Posted

Hiya

I've had no bleed since 4weeks ago but I had an embolisation done be4 opp 3Years ago. Which plugged my womb so no more periods. Not had bleeding when going toilet but bleeding can happen fir awhile. If your in pain stillx have you seen your GP. I've done a few pelvic floor exercise tend to do them in the bath. Lol only time I remember to do them. I'm ok so far walking ok but not fast walking. X Have to shout wait up if out with family.xx sounds like your bladder needs strengthening up if feeling like leaking. Think it says on sheet how to do that.xxx

• Posted

Hiya Nic

Loll so k for swearing I was to if in bad pain, I'm stay at home mum at moment. I'm ok at moment.xxxx

• Posted

Hi hon

Went to asda today with Jeff he was laughing saying I walk like a penguin how rude he stopped when he saw my face 😬 haha but then chilled out in the sun with my book, I think they forget we can't walk to fast lol xx I will look for exercises on weak old woman bladder think I'll have to get some kanga pants lol xxxx glad you getting there hon xxxxx

• Posted

Hiya petal

Lmao can visualize the penguin walk kinda was like that too at first. Few weeks ago had to go into town on bus. Pay the bills ect but on way bk to bus stop, bus was on way I had to hold my belly an do a most awkard mini run😏.Lolll xx x. The lady pants are good when bladder is sensitive. I'm not to bad can hold for around 4hrs at nite. Coffee n fizzy pop have me running for the loo.💦your not old lolll I'm sure there must be strengthening exercises for bladders, not good idea to stop n start flow when on the loo. Has your swelling gone down on belly? 😀.xxxx

• Posted

Hiya, I know I actually feel like if I try and walk properly my internal organs will fall on the floor haha, I won't do the stop and flow anymore but my wee doesn't seem to want to come out everytime I go haha x eeee I can imagine you running for the bus hahaha it's awful isn't it x the swelling seems to go down then flare up again so sore though it's a nightmare x I've cut down on painkillers the best I can try and cope more each day but I keep being told it's still early days and to take each day as it comes , I get up maybe twice a night for the loo as my tummy feels so full then ouch when the flow starts x when's your 6 week check up? I had to make my own appointment for my GP the hospital said they will see me in 3 months?? Xxxxx
    • Posted

Hiya Nic

I'm not on pain killers so much just when I get a bit of discomfort . I was looking at some paperwork the gynie give me, it meanioned bladders. If still having periods b4 the hysterectomy, n full hysterectomy patient will go into menopause and may cause the bladder to go more often than be. Which I do I can go the loo up to 6 times aday b4 bed time.x Cystitis can give the feeling of wanting to go and pain with it. I shud have being going to see gynie Dr middle of August now it's mid of sept.x

Lolll awww no your organs won,t fall out but no what you mean. Codine will make you constipated so b carefull with those. But if having trouble having a Wee I'd have a word with your GP don't sound right, shud be ok after 4 or 5 week post opp. Keep me posted petal xxxx

• Posted

Hiya hon

I have to phone the nurse this morning about my HRT as running out so I'll mention the bladder thing haha x I should be on the tenner lady advert leaking lol xx I've tried to stop the codeine and just have paracetamol at the minute x I'll keep ya posted xxx

• Posted

Hiya petal

How did you get on with the nurse? I got the clear to gingerly go bk the gym from the GP. I cud have walked at the pace I go walking than the speed on exercise bike. But I felt weary whilst on it, after my effects it rewarded me with a stiff bum Lolll xx

Walked at snail pace on the tread mill and glad I did trying to watch tv at same time haha.x

The advert of tenner lady I've seen the advert on tv dancing about n smiling. I think if got seriouse leaks Don,t think I'd be jumping up n down incase I had a flood😯 .

I did wear a couple at home weeks 2 n part of week 3 by gum they went like air bags buffff 😂xx I hope your getting better n feeling better in your self soon.xxx

• Posted

Hi hon

I have to go see the nurse tomoro and Dr on hand if need anything further x lol I believe you are right I think my body parts would go into shock if I jumped around haha x glad to see you are allowed bk to the gym but snail pace as you said xx I will let you know whether they are changing my HRT or not xxx speak soon hon xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.