Waiting times for hysterectomy in sunderland

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I am a 43 year old waiting to go in for a total hysterectomy. I had an endometrial oblation a year gone September and sterilisation this failed. I bleed from maybe 19 - 25 days straight off then couple of days off this is making me very unhappy, tired and angry I have signed my papers and just waiting for surgery date. Can any one in the sunderland area give any timescale to when I will get appointment or how long you have waited and advice x

Nic 😔

1 like, 118 replies

118 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Nicola, i am the same age as you and under a gyno and was told when i last saw him and was put on pre-op meds i would go on his list when he next met me, next month for a hysterectomy, i also like you had an endomertrial ablation but about 7years ago for very heavy bleeding and my op worked very well.  I have grown a huge fibroid and lots of smaller ones and my womb had gone even larger since, it affects my bladder and they also think my bowel so i have to see a gastroentorologist as well next month to see the extent.  I wish myself things were going quicker as i am getting as i can barley go out atm as i am in so much pain and a huge amount of abdominal swelling.  I would say to you that when you have your pre-op you are ususally operated on within 4 weeks and my last surgery was a week later, so i think you will be seen soon.  I wish you well.
    • Posted

Hi Sharon

Thank you for your reply, like you said it seems to take forever but I think it's because I go away for a week on 10th June so would not operate before incase of complications and insurance reasons on flying, but I think I may contact him next month to see if he has any ideas of wen it may be, like you the heavy periods and cramp it hurrendous and makes you just want to hide away keep in touch Sharon as I will you x Nic

• Posted

Hi Sharon

I thought I'd send you a mail to see how you are and if you are any further forward? I got my date for my hysterectomy in 16th July so can't wait to be a new woman x worried about post op but I'm just going to be good and take it easy afterwards x I'm talking to a friend on here too and waiting like me x I think I found good friends on here xx thank you

Nic x 😘

• Posted

I would have you pre-op and ring the surgeons sec. and tell them when your away ect so they can hopefully get you in when you get back x
    • Posted

Thanks Sharon I will ring them next week and see what they say I haven't had pre-op yet but all paper work signed I'm wondering if the doctor could give me a pill that will try and prevent me bleeding while away I heard someone mention it before I can always ask xxx
  • Posted

Yes there is Nicola i have taken it when i was younger and on my hols with my family it delays and stops your bleeding, it is a temporary fix but it worked when i took it although was 10 years ago x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.