Waking up .... thinking how the hell am I going to get through today ?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Feel awful today trying to get ‘going’ but there is not one glimpse of energy or drive or happiness . Keep lying back on the bed ... 

trying to get that glimpse of hope and a crumb of happiness would do right now .

You talk to yourself endlessly and say ‘come on be happy get moving get motivated ‘ it’s just  so tough . 

4 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

You will get through the day. I have to work around all these women with hormones. I'm not jealous because two of them have awful lives, but they have no idea. I would have enjoyed my hormones much more if I knew the havoc it would wreak losing them. Lol!!! I see men my age(58) and older walking around laughing and talking at work not a care in the world.  

• Posted

I am also working around ladies in their 30's and 40's still with hormones.

And the men have no clue, they really dont. I work with health providers so i know just how 'little' they know with regards to this.

I see how the care of some of the women is handled, even by the nurses practitioner who i really like, but shes 64, and over it, and didnt do bad during menopause,(doesnt talk about it anyways) so she just hit and miss prescribes things in hopes that it helps.

I too would have worked those hormones wink had i known how i was going to feel without them...wow.

x0x0x0

• Posted

Me too Juanita ! If we knew what it was going to be like 🙄 they’re should be online videos of ‘a life without hormones’ depicting our lives and the struggles . 

• Posted

I work with police officers and detectives. So they really have no clue!
    • Posted

We should make a YouTube video! Young women take note, work those hormones! Because when they abandon you.....
  • Posted

Hi there Lori

I dont mean to be nosy but are you on the west coast?

Im with you on this journey, as are the other lady strugglers.  smile

you can do this. If i can ..you can..

i went into a yoga class this morning - all senior ladies- 

and i felt sooo welcome. it was a very calming, supportive group, with lots of deep breathing and gentle stretching. I felt like their post meno energy gave me hope that i too will get to their stage of calm and acceptance.

They didnt care or compete to see who whas doing what, they just did their own thing. I feel very lonely and almost abandoned like..(part of this transition i suppose) and so being in the same room with them, felt like a very light blanket around me, no looks no judgement, just human woman understanding without words..

brought tears to my eyes twice during the class.

like it is now...

x0x0x

• Posted

Maui,

What a beautiful experience you had today - made me well up with tears; the picture of it all.

Lately I've noticed as I am out in public that I am taking the time to look at the women who are in their late 70's and 80's and finding this yearning of wanting to ask them how they made it through. Maybe they'd tell me it was a breeze like it was for my mom. Maybe they'd give me that look, tilt their head and tell me it was awful but that they did it! I have such compassion towards others now - I am different. 

I watched a beautiful video today of a women who is turning 113 in North Carolina. I'm finding I need to continue to watch and read inspiring and uplifting stories. 

Thanks for sharing yours today.

Finny

• Posted

You are so welcome.

I do not like to post sometimes because anything that takes my energy away. Or if im really low, then so much negativity is there, and i dont want to go that far either as it is of no use.

but sometimes we need to hear it all, as its therapeutic, 

I know that ive asked some women, and ofcourse seen many women in the clinic so i would say for sure that lots of them truly did get through it smoothly, with a discomfort here and there.

There are also a few - 20% maybe that are verry impacted by this, lie myself and they dont even know it. They are totally on meds, and reliant upon them to get through. Their anxiety is debilitating, they are depressed etc.

I really feel horrible seeing and knowing about them, because its haunting in a way..you know, when you see someone worse off than you, your like "oh my gosh, yikes will I get this bad??" The mind plays tricks on me, its just so up close and personal you know...

wow 113...unbelievable, and a beautiful thing 

x0x0x

• Posted

That’s lovely Maui ... glad the class gives you some peace and yes I’m too very aware of everybody around me now . I look at women older than me and think ‘Om they seem to be functioning ‘ . And yes my relief comes when I work out ... feel normal and happy . But unfortunately I’ve trashed my adrenals so I have to cut way back ... most people’s problem is working out mine is ‘not working out !’ 
    • Posted

And yes I’m in central California Monterey area 
    • Posted

I know the feelin yoexpeu get when you work out, and ive made some attempts myself but as you say, and as ive experienced, my adrenals are talking to me loudly, they say.."dont dare do that right now"

There has to be someting that you can do that gets your hearrate up but isnt so taxing on your body as is running?

I need a stationary bike, but hard to come by here.

I will do the yoga mon and wed 7-8am

Its not like im loving it but its therapeutic, and forces me to slow down the mind, because the mind is after all everything, even more than the hormones..

its hot out there where you are now. i use to live years ago, 2001-2004 in the sandiego area. originally im from the northwest- amazon/costco/microsoft area..    UGH

• Posted

You will make it!!!  And it's OK to go back to bed- tomorrow may be a better day!!  I got kids off to school today and I went back to bed which I slept hard!!!   My body needs it.   I did have a busy weekend so my body might be playing 'catch-up'.   And yes sometimes you need to talk yourself into doing things to get moving.

• Posted

Yes I used to take a nap everyday but I’m so nervous about everything and worried I can’t anymore . I do go to bed early as can’t keep my eyes open ... But that means waking up early and long days . Here’s hoping better times to come for all of us
  • Posted

Lori,

It's almost 5:00 in the afternoon here in the states as I post to you. I just finished reading the 9 replies that you've received so far and this is why I APPRECIATE this group! My eyes were watery reading the replies from Lou, Maui, Juanita, Meno, Mrssusan and Kelly! 

This forum is such a place of encouragement and hope and inspiration to keep pressing on!!!

I have had to FORCE myself to write things down every day - how I am feeling mentally, how I am feeling physically, the symptoms I am having that particular day, the hours I slept etc - at times I have felt like I just couldn't do it; but for my well being I am realizing that I need to. I have to see the truth in writing!!!!! I want so much to forget and move on from all that I am going through at 49 and yet if I continue to have faith and hope that I will be better - I will be so grateful when I can reflect and remember these times and that I made it and came out stronger than I ever was. 

You are trying new things, Lori, and I am so hopeful you will start seeing improvement slowly but surely! My little cream I am using says it might take 3 months before I see improvement. YOU CAN DO IT!

• Posted

Yes mine too Finny 3 months arghhhh!!! But what we can we do but keep trying to make ourselves better . And yes ! Thank God for all the wonderful caring ladies on here .. so much support and kindness . It all semis to be about forcing ourselves to do anything right now putting a stamp on an envelope is even hard work !!
    • Posted

Lori,..lthis is sad...when I found out the Walmart lets you order and pick up groceries...I was doing the Snoopy dance.  💃😀

• Posted

It’s good for us to force ourselves to go out though ... well for me anyway . I do better now at Trader Joe’s since I’ve been on the patch I manage to get through it without abandoning my cart and running home . The dizziness has stopped and my panic isn’t as bad 
    • Posted

True, my little day trip to Memphis this past Saturday did help. This Saturday me and another friend are going to hangout and then go to dinner. I'm trying not to isolate.🙄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.