Waking up with panic attacks

Posted , 16 users are following.

Does anyone here ever wake up and your in a panic attack or you get one before you get out of the bed? I got two this morning before even getting out of bed I felt a real scary feeling in chest and upper stoach and then whole body felt fear very scared ect. Has this happen to anyone else if so please share yours as soon as possible.. Makes going to bed and waking up scary!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes I get this. Actually this morning. I felt all dizzy, clammy and very scared, I though I was going to die and called the neighbour in tears. I never know what is going to happen each time I go to sleep and wake up. Eating some protein and carbs together ( like an egg with bread/toast, even before you get out of bed if possible) first thing is supposed to help and definitely not anything with sugar in it.
  • Posted

Yes...I've had this for years. It can happen at any time of the morning after 1:00 am. which makes sleeping difficult....or getting back to sleep. It always seems that I don't even know where the panic is coming from but by mid day I realize it was nothing I couldn't handle but gets old waking up that way. I deal with anxiety all the time but now experiencing something much worse....under topic of body vibrations/buzzing.

• Posted

Yes.....I am most panicky when I get up. Panic caused by worrying about what the day will bring. Crazy.
    • Posted

My is not from worrying , its the feelins in my body that are scary feeling and symptoms!  Not worry about the day . I have these throughout the day too. I mean when you wake up you not worrying your mind is just waking up. In fact lots of times the feelings wake me up, I mean you actually feel these scary symtoms like u feel vibrations the buzzing which I have had. Hard to get through a day or even fuction.
    • Posted

Omg that's so me too!! Strange huh!?

• Posted

I know what you mean..it all started when I was 41yo and I'm 44 now. I was the same way and my fear was how my body was acting ...it's the panic of any pain and why I'm experiencing it.

Different things that I feel especially new pain puts me in a quick panic attack! Even a stomach ache will give me and anxiety. It's an awful awful feeling. I also dreaded eating anything horrible because I'd freak out it would cause stomach pains. Its been 4yrs and things do get better. Prayers help..I Thank The Lord! 🙏🏼🙏🏼

• Posted

I wake up like this quite often. i have panic attacks out the blue anytime of the day. I have learned to try and talk myself through it so I don't send myself into a worse panic than I'm already in. I could take a quick 30 minute nap and wake up with the vibrations and literall feel my bed shaking and heart racing. I wake up in the middle of the night and my heart is racing so face I struggle not to call the ambulance. I have been going through this since November of 2015 I was 38 years old. I was having symptoms before then but thought it was just pms. I will be 40 in July and I must say that I am still going through it but not as bad as I was only because I know now it is hormones but it doesn't make it any less scarier. I am just learning ways to deal with it. I experience it all, one minute I'm hot and want a fan, then I'm freezing and trying to bury myself under as many blankets as I can, the dizziness, the upset stomach, the internal buzzing/vibrations, the racing pounding heart that I can hear in my ears, the anxiety and panic attacks, feelings of passing out, sudden anger, creepy and horrid thoughts (death always come to mind), vivid dreams, all over body and joint aches, terrible lower back pain, more gas than a car, all while still having my ever faithful mentrual cycle which has gotten shorter but more painful. There are more symptoms that I could go on and on about but I will save that joy for another time. Just know you certainly are not alone.

• Posted

Yes, this has happened to me also. Just so scared with doom and gloom thoughts. It doesn't happen as often anymore, but it did this past week and I couldn't get out of bed and had to miss work. It was almost like I had some type of hormonal surge or maybe another drop in hormones, I don't know which. I'm taking the antidepressant Trazodone  and Valium for the occasional panic attack.  I'm almost seven years post menopausal and for four years post menopausal I had the occsasional hot flash and that was it. But I guess my levels finally dropped to a critical point in 2014 because that's when I  really went off the deep end. I just thought every day I was losing my mind or was going to die. I still have those thoughts sometimes, but not as much. I pray, meditate when I can, I upped my water intake, take a good over 50 multivitamin, and I try to eat a healthy most days. I'm so grateful for this forum. It's nice knowiing I'm not alone.

• Posted

Hi yes me too,  I had the panicky feeling but now I feeling terrible as soon as I drop off again and wake it starts again have to get out of bed can't stand another minute in it all horrible.

• Posted

Yes I just lie there in bed in panic .does improve when up. But trouble is u go to bed dreading the morning. So turn it around accept it's going to happen in time should go but not easy .just horrible sorry. X

Tips to help on here be great x

• Posted

I get this too. It's so awful. Rationally (ha I know peri has no place for rational thoughts!) I am sure this is doe to adrenal and hormones. When we wake our body normally produces cortisol to wake us up and give us energy, but in Peri our hormones are not in sync and working like a crazy factory out of control. Our adrenals are compromised and they need to pump extra adrenaline in the mornings and our brains naturally receive more adrenaline as " there is danger" and go into danger mode. Eating protein like eggs on toast is good instead of anything sugary straight away as this affects our hormones and insulin and blood sugar which sets off our adrenals just a bit more. I'm not an expert or anything but this is how I've come to understand what's happening. I am experiencing the same thing too 😔

• Posted

Yes I have this on and off it takes a few seconds sometimes for me to think to breath, I did think it might be sleep apnea but I think it is more a panic attack as im not gasping as such x
  • Posted

Oh my gosh so glad I saw this thread. My panic attacks are getting out of control too. Feels like I'm having some kind of out of body experience. Had to pull over in the car a few times. In fact just been out with hubby and son and had another on the way home in the car. If anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it xx

• Posted

I wish I had advice :-(  MINE is completely out of control!  I dont know how much more I can stand!~
    • Posted

Hi Mandy I been there myself so I know what it's like, but I did tell maybe few girls on here they can try a brown bag you just blow into it for some relief I have done this and others hope this helps.

• Posted

Thank you Maria. I will try that. Just an awful feeling. I'm hoping it is hormonal and will pass soon. Of all the symptoms I've had this is by far the worst. Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.