Walnuts ----> Help with pain & depression!

Posted , 14 users are following.

Just thought I would share this because we all suffer from hormonal depression & pains! 

The following are my top 10 reasons to eat raw walnuts:

1. Walnuts are great for joints. They provide lubrication and cushioning.

2. Ever notice that a walnut looks like the two hemispheres of the brain? Well it just so happens they were made that way for good reason; they are excellent for cognitive function and memory support. Research also shows that walnuts can improve depression.

3. They are rich in polyunsaturated fats, which lower bad cholesterol while keeping good cholesterol intact. Walnuts also lower blood pressure. Between these two benefits, walnuts may reduce your risk of heart disease.

4. Walnuts are anti-inflammatory. This provides benefits to anyone with chronic pain, such as those suffering from arthritis or fibromialgia.

5. Research has shown that walnuts help prevent breast cancer and slow tumor growth.

6. Walnuts contain the highest levels of popyphenolic antioxidants of any edible nut, making it a fierce free-radical scavenger. 

7. Walnuts help keep your skin and hair healthy and prevents dryness.

8. Men: super-charge your fertility. Two handfuls of walnuts per day have been shown to increase the motility, vitality, and morphology of sperm.

9. Eat walnuts, lose weight. The fat, protein, and fiber of walnuts contribute to a sense of satiety, reducing your urge to snack on junk food. The fats found in walnuts have been shown to assist the body in using fat stores as an energy source. And when you get the good fats in your diet, you’ll find that you are not craving bad fats quite as much, such as potato chips or fried foods.

10. The healing properties of walnuts are so powerful that the FDA is currently trying to get walnuts listed as a drug. I kid you not! I couldn’t make this up! Read more about these recent shenanigans here: FDA Says Walnuts are Drugs

5 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Interesting! This is the second time today that I have heard positive things about walnuts. My mother was reading an article about walnuts and how it helps improve brain function. What a coincidence that you shared this today!
  • Posted

While walnuts are healthy, it's not true that the FDA is trying to classify them as drugs.

• Posted

Accordig to a doctors name I can't type here foe some reason says they are BUT who knows they are still really good for you in so many ways :-)

• Posted

That's based on a lawsuit the FDA brought on a nut company and their claims so it's not true. However, you're right, they are still very good for you and it's good advice.

• Posted

I read the article, that was printed in 2011. The FDA did want walnuts to be labeled as drugs, because of all the benefits walnuts present. It is very sad to know that.

I laughed so hard when I read the article, even though it is not funny.

• Posted

Oh okay, my misunderstanding :-)  I however love walnuts and buy the organic raw walnut-butter!  If it wasn't so high in fat, trust me I could eat a whole jar in one day :-)  Not sure if pumpkin bread made with 100% real pumpkin is good for anything to do with our bods or hormones but I have two hot loaves in the oven right now :-) Later I will have 4 to 6 ounce of Kosher passover wine which is chilling in the fridge I decided to do the wine  for all this hormonal sadness and depression instead of all the anti-depressants the doctor /gyn wants me to take. In the mornings I have plain greek yogurt , walnut butter and usually a boiled egg with glass of OJ. followed later by two cups of organic perked coffee. 

• Posted

You all are misunderstanding the articles about the FDA. They sued the nut company because they said the claims the nut company were making for such health benefits would make walnuts drugs, which they are not. So they sued them and settled the case. The nut company had to stop making their claims of all the health benefits.
    • Posted

Whether it's good for you or not, homemade pumpkin bread and wine will make me happy any day!

• Posted

That is horrible. So much for freedom speech. I wonder why the FDA is not suing corn oil companies for claiming their oil promotes heart health.

• Posted

Well I think that was the point. They went further in their claims than just promotes heart health. So many unfounded claims that if they were true, it would make walnuts a drug.
    • Posted

:-)  too bad you dont live in Kentucky Becky I would love to share! We all should have an annual picnic and meet some where at a  halfway marker between everyone! 
    • Posted

Not far though. I live in Alabama.
    • Posted

I so agree with you I don't think we would have enough time to share all if our stories lol we would be away from home at least a month or two lol

• Posted

Don't you go on that bread! Kg+kg😉 but I like your idea with wine. That what I do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.