Warfarin for life

Posted , 7 users are following.

i was rold this after a p.e. Fournyearsbago.

sincenthen i have been feeling unwell a lot of the time, ended up,gallbladder out but thatbdidnt help.

i am now seeing an alternative practitioner who says that he feels,the warfarin is not helping me due to the fact I have anxiety and depression. He feels i ought to try to stop anticoagulants to achieve haemostasis.   I see where he is coming from but wonder if anyone on here has just decided to stop warfarin.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I have suffered a PE/DVT and on warfarin for life. In addition, I've had depression for years and I have been taking warfarin for four years but I've not had any adverse affect. Maybe you should consider another blood thinner.

• Posted

I did try apixaban for a bit but it made me feel unwell so back to warfarin.

do you find you need an anti depressant to help and if so which one?

• Posted

Hi ann55375 I have been taking citalopram 40mg and find it to be the best one for me especially going through perimenopause. I have taken fluoxetine and that made my anxiety and depression worse. It's really a case of trying to see what works for you. All the very best ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.