Was anybody elses mono experience like this?

Posted , 7 users are following.

It all started a little over a month ago; a low grade fever, body aches and pains, chills, and severe nausea. At first, I thought I was getting the flu, so I continued with my everyday activities and then some, which ended up making everything worse. About two and a half weeks later, I felt no improvement, so I headed to the nearest urgent care and the mono test came back positive.

Now on week 6, I have good and bad days. Some days I feel better, so I start to do things and as soon as I get back from doing whatever I was doing, boom, I feel like I am getting sick all over again. The latest episode happened about two days ago after I went grocery shopping, got my car serviced, and washed my car. Since that day, I have been feeling more tired than ever and my body aches really bad. Did anyone else have an experience where your symptoms would get better then worse and better again. Just as I thought I was getting better, I started to feel horrible again. It's so hard to be sick when I'm a full time college student and am getting ready for final exams. I've lost all hope of getting better.

0 likes, 93 replies

93 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Madison,

This is very typical of mono, this will last for a long while. I have recovered but I went through the same thing. Rest when you feel this way and listen to your body, I remember a short walk in the grocery store would do this to me.

• Posted

Absolutely Mono too, just thinking about some of the worst days / phases of the virus in itself can be painful for sure and remembering how frightening and scary it was feeling that way - but definitely want Madison and others to know that what they are going through is typical and normal, not that it makes it any easier to cope with I know, and that there 100% is hope and things do get better with time and God's help of course.

Craig

• Posted

so sorry you are going through this it really is hell!

youre young enough to get over this quicky provided you follow the right protocol which is mostly rest im afraid .

i had those bad days now and again for the first 5 months now on month 8 and almost all bad days ...i am much older than you though and what they say is that its your body just fighting the virus . so im hoping this is true.

make sure you stay as healthy as possible.

• Posted

Hey Lori,

Just wanted you to know was thinking about you today - I hope that your weekend has been okay considering and that this can be a better and more settled week ahead. I do hope so much you have been able to get better sleep pattern and you are still able to manage a short walk if you can each day. Remember God's got your back on this one Lori, He won't let you out of His grasp or His sight and will get you through this I remain truly believing of that.

Praying for peace, hope and new strength today over your life and circumstances Lori, in Jesus' name. Standing with you for recovery!

Craig

• Posted

thank you craig im feeling pretty low and feel like im getting worse .i hope this is just the body fighting the virus ...im at a loss of what to do next ...doing all the supplements eating healthy ... i feel just awful today 😦

• Posted

Oh hang in there Lori so sorry you've had such a tough day, thinking about you and remember these days will pass - they are awful to get through I know. You're doing all you can and just keep doing that and remember God will work out all the detail of this and your recovery I believe that in my heart. Hoping today can be a better one Lori, take things slowly, rest and go at the pace that's right for you today not a pace set by anyone else or outside circumstances.

Craig

• Posted

yes i try to go pretty slow and rest but sometimes you just got to get out of the bed and feel human . i hope today will be easier as had some horrific days lately . spent some time at church yesterday begging GOD for some relief from this . thanks for all your support during this horrendous time .... it has sure been hell .

• Posted

It was good you were at the church and prayed Lori - God hears those words. And he doesn't expect you to feel like you have to beg either, He hears every cry - sometimes when we are feeling so low or down we just can't express properly how deep the hurt is or how we're feeling - sometimes all we need to say is 'Please Help, Lord'. He understands when we don't have the words or are finding it so hard, He knows Lori. And He will answer your prayers - you will get that breakthrough I truly believe you will.

Finding balance is good Lori, if you can get up and do some things that is great, but that doesn't need to involve a full day's schedule, it can even just be a small thing or two or a short walk followed by rest - don't be afraid to try things but not overdo it either, just about being sensible and finding balance - I know easier said than done though. Thinking of you today hoping for a good day.

Craig

• Posted

Hi madison,

Yes, what you have described is typical.

I don't want to scare you but it is 15 months since I started having symptoms and whilst I am feeling alot better than I was say about a year ago, the zig zag recovery is continuous. Even now, some days I feel like i am cured and then a day or 2 later I have a crash and feel like I am back at square one. Something as simple as just a bad night sleep or stress at work or eating certain foods does have an impact on me.

• Posted

Your story is very similar to mine, without the nausea.

And yes, same ups and downs. At one point I was feeling good with no fever for about 2 weeks, then the fever and overall unwell feeling returned for a week. My first symptom was Aug 15 and I was diagnosed 3 weeks later. I am having way more good days than bad days now. In the last 3 week, I've only had 2 bad days...fingers crossed it keeps getting better for us both.

• Posted

thats great news jen ....gives me hope as im having ALL bad days mostly . i wish this would just 'go away ' im 8 months in with the last 3 months really bad . so happy youre feeling better !

• Posted

great news jen. Sounds like you are on the mend?

Was it August 15 this year you started sypmtoms or you meant august 2015? I hope it was the former.

• Posted

Hang in there lori - good days are coming. For the first 8 - 9 mos mine was continuously bad, not a good day in sight. It was abt the end of month 9 going into the 10th that things started to improve slowly but every couple of days I would land back on my face and the process start over again.

Now 15 mos on I have abt 2 or 3 dodgy days a week but not to the extent as the first 8-9 mos.

Today at the moment at 8.20am i feel almost ok. However most days I have to walk on egg shells as the days start great and then turn sour by lunchtime.

I have recognised some of my triggers - stress and overthinking being the main ones so still working on avoiding these.

• Posted

Hi Jen,

Hoping you are having a more settled week and it is good to hear that there have been more good days than bad days - that is real progress for sure. Just remember as Kay says this thing can be zig-zag so don't panic if there are some bad days or mini-spells, and remember that they will pass and overall you will keep moving towards complete recovery. Keeping rooting for you and thinking about you and believing that you are going to get there Jen - hang in there and remember better and healthier times are ahead.

Craig

• Posted

Yes Lori definitely agreeing with Kay for you that better days are on their way. You have been through the rough end of this the last few months for sure, but this phase is going to come to an end and be replaced with a phase of recovery I really hope, pray and believe that.

Still thinking about you Lori and keeping you in my prayers, and trusting God that He is a powerful, merciful and loving God and will work out the detail of everything for a good outcome for you.

Craig

• Posted

Oh Kay I do empathise it's horrible not knowing from one day to the next how you are going to feel both physically and mentally with it all. I have been like that too with my back and circumstances lately at times and sometimes I feel like I can be coping fine and then everything just hits and can be overwhelming. Praying God can keep us from being overwhelmed and give us the strength to keep enduring and pressing on, trusting that He will pull us through and get us well again.

Stress and overthinking are definitely triggers for me too, I wish I was better at focussing on other things and just walking in the full and true faith and belief that God wants me to always - need help with that for sure.

Thinking about you still Kay and remember you will get to that stage where there are NO bad days in the week and each day is settled and you feel strong and resilient to be able to live freely again. It's coming Kay I truly believe that. You've been through so much and there will be an end to this hard time and there will be a good and happy time beyond this where you are in good health - praying for that today.

Craig

• Posted

Oh cheers Craig. Your daily msgs mean to much to me. I do look forward to your morning motivation. Thanks again for being so understanding.

I am so looking forward to full recovery.

• Posted

thank you craig ..it certainly has been a horror story lately . cannot wait for the day when i feel well and can start working out again....even a short walk exhausts me the next day right now. its a shock as i used to run 5 miles ....cant wait to get back into it but i realize it may be a while . i dont want this virus to scare me for the rest of my life and wondering always if its going to come back ...thats one thing im worried about .

• Posted

thats great news kay and im sure its all a process that will take some time . if only we could wake up one day and it just be gone but realize its a slow moving virus and yes month 6 7 8 have been awful .

Yes i wake up and feel like skin is crawling and its tough when you need to just 'relax' .

youre doing brilliant though .. going to work is a big triumph for you ! great to hear everybodys stories on here ...gives those of us suffering hope that we can overcome this .

• Posted

Oh Kay having experienced the virus myself it's only too easy to be understanding, although it was a long time ago now I remember how down it made me feel and I know that a forum like this back then and chatting with people like you would have helped me and encouraged me so much. I was lucky to have good friends and family who supported me and encouraged me, as I have been during this current time in my life too, but I know not everyone is as fortunate and any network that can encourage and help others, even if only a little, can only be a good thing for sure!

Definitely still believing you are going to be able to feel free once your recovery is fully manifested Kay - thinking about you still and hoping for a good and peaceful day.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Lori,

I know the feeling too, years ago I was able to do those kind of runs also and loved it so much and I do miss it even now and still hope one day I can get back to some form of running or exercise again, with God's help and will, but just really grateful that have been able to get out walking still which means so much to me and praying God can help us to be able to keep doing that always, it's a gift for sure.

Remember you're doing well with walking and any accomplishment each day right now Lori. Something that's important is not to compare yourself to how you were before and think oh I could do all that then but can't do it now - remember then you were physically well and weren't having to deal with all this that you are now - so be kind to yourself and remember this is an illness that gets better over time and God willing praying that you can get back to doing the exercise and positive things you enjoy Lori - I believe that you will get there, but don't worry or panic if it takes time or even if it takes a while, because you will get there.

Craig

• Posted

And definitely agreeing with your comment Lori that it's a great achievement that Kay has been able to keep working. I know for sure I couldn't work when I had this virus and it took me a good while of a phased return to get anywhere near. Finding it hard as not been working myself now and hoping and praying we can all have the confidence, health and capacity to work again, in the right place and at the right time, with God's help.

Craig

• Posted

Hi lori, yes it is a miracle how far I have come. A year ago I was probably in a worst state than you are now so please rest assured that you are on the mend. I reckon by next month or latest January you will see a real turnaround. I am so looking forward to your good news lori. I have faith that it is coming. 😃

Hang in there.

• Posted

Many thanks Craig. As usual, your words mean so much to me.

You are so right. For 13 months I felt so alone as I did not know what I had and people around me showed no sympathy as I got the feeling they all thought I was a hypochondriac or it was all in my head. Then at 13 months finally getting a diagnosis and understanding what I was dealing with, all the same people who thought it was all in my head are now saying "gosh, i should have thought about that - i knew so and so who had it. Now it all adds up". It's been a long stressful road.

The moment I got the diagnosis I was on the internet searching for other people's experiences with this virus and that is how I found this site and you guys. The last 2 months on here with you all has been so beneficial to me and my mental health. Thank you thank thank you 😃

• Posted

It was not easy in the first few months going to work daily. There were many days when I had to call in the office and tell them that I wasn't feeling great and so I had to work from home. On some of these days I was laying in bed with the laptop working. At my worst, sitting straight up in a chair at a desk was a nightmare and laying down was way more comfy. There were also other days where I would go in the office and after 3 or 4 hours I felt horrible and had to head home, have a lay down and continue working from home for that day. Not once did I not work though because of the virus.

As I advised previously in another msg, I am still unsure if working was to my detriment or if it was my saving grace. One thing for sure it kept my mind busy. I sometimes think if I wasn't working and was at home doing nothing for weeks/months that I would be in a worst state as I probably would get clinically depressed.

• Posted

I feel like I'm going through the same symptoms as you. I'm just about to approach month 9, but I've been trying to work the last 3 months. I also wake up feeling ok, then seem to crash around mid day. At work I'm usually desperate to get something to eat and go for a 30 minute walk...regardless of the weather. But there are some times at work where I just go completely spaced out and can't concentrate. People talking to me makes it worse. Then an hour later or so I start to feel fine and can talk to people, but feel exhausted. My doctor thinks it's really good for me that I'm back at work...I must admit when i first went back I had really high anxiety and I like to believe that it has helped me lift it away. I'm just hoping by working is not delaying or doing any further damage....but the doctor doesn't believe it will. Just have to take it easy and know your limits. I've also found it's better to be honest with people and tell them about the crashes you have etc, and luckily for me everyone has been really kind about it.

• Posted

Hi Dodge,

I can totally relate to what you said. Great to know the people around you are understanding and supportive. For me, I tried to explain to people but they just did not understand and it was very difficult when I didn't have a diagnosis.

I also think trying to carry on as normal as possible has helped with the anxiety.

One annoyance I find with work though is that since I have had this illness I seem to have become very sensitive to noise. I work in an open plan office where there is continuous chatter and banter. All day in my head I am just telling people to shut up.

• Posted

Yeah I'm the same. I work in an office and listening to people chat or even worse mess around sometimes gets to me. I feel like this virus has brought out my inner self...where what used to irritate me, is now really irritating me and I want to tell them...haha.

• Posted

Hahaha, glad to know I am not alone.

I think I need a complete personality transplant as I have changed so much since I have had this virus. Once upon a time I did not have a care in the world and little things like chit chatter did not bother me - I was able to block things out and just carry on. Now, it's like everything annoy me haha

• Posted

That really is such a lovely post Kay and what you say makes so much sense. I can only imagine how hard that must have been going through that whole time undiagnosed, feeling that others weren't taking you seriously and not being sympathetic or compassionate. These things sure are a reminder, and going through tough time have been for me too Kay, about how important it is to listen to others, really try to consider how tough things may be for them or low that they may be feeling, and to show compassion and kindness always, because I know for sure when I've been feeling that way and in need of compassion and kindness, those that have shown it to me have helped me and made a difference in a way that they probably couldn't even imagine just with their empathy and time and support. It means a lot Kay and your kindness and compassion to me has also meant a great deal, believe me.

Thinking about you today Kay and hoping that this can be a good and settled day. My sciatica bothering me a bit today trying not to panic, and also got to deal with a letter to my old work place too which I just want to get right and not be bitter in or get wrong in any way, so praying for God's help with that.

Craig

• Posted

And Kay definitely you have made real progress for sure and the courage you have shown to keep working is a tremendous credit to you. As you say so hard to find the balance between keeping yourself busy but not stressing yourself out - work can be a real stress I know so remember at all times health comes first so if there are days you don't get as much done or find it harder, take it easier and go at the pace that is right for you, not that which others in the workplace may try to force you to - and if it means as much work doesn't get done, then so be it - your health comes first and as you say if they are a good employer they will be understanding that you are still in recovery from this thing and that some days / weeks may be easier / harder than others.

Hang in there Kay - you're doing amazing!

Craig

• Posted

Hi Dodge,

I can totally relate to so much of what you are saying, and definitely see that you are doing everything to be wise and help yourself as much as possible. I was the same as you, tried to get out for a walk each day even if not so easy, and that is a really good thing Dodge and don't beat yourself up if there are certain days it's too hard.

It is also really good you've made it back to work Dodge, and it's only understandable to be anxious about this as it's a massive step to do that after such a hard time when your health and confidence has been affected. Just listen to your body Dodge and if possible a phase return would be good and helped me after I had mono, and mines was over quite an extended period of time it took about 15 months even to get working 3 days again. And remember even when at work your health comes first, so go at the pace that's right for you, not the pace that the work try to make you go at, I know that's easier said than done in the modern workplace but it's so important you look after yourself Dodge and of course explaining the circumstances to your employer that you are still recovering and some days may be better than others I hope is something that can make them understand and be compassionate.

My confidence been affected too by not being at work this last 18 months, I feel I don't have as good a reason as you guys going through the mono at the moment, I just hope God can help me get back on track and push myself in the right way at the right time.

Hoping you are having a better week than last week Dodge and thinking about you still!

Craig

• Posted

It's understandable Kay, your confidence takes a knock and things that were like water off a ducks back can become all of a sudden more stressful or bothersome, even small things I know. Just remember there are reasons, you have been through a stressful time, and it takes time for your full confidence and resilience to return, and that it will return with time!

Craig

• Posted

Thanks very much Craig.

You are so right. We should always be kind and compassionate to others as we have no idea what they might be going through.

I am feeling abit dodgy today as I went to bed later than my usual lastnight and so

the sleep was hit or miss. Yday I felt pretty good though. I know the pattern now so it is upto me to make some changes.

• Posted

You are so right Craig. Though I feel so snowed under at the moment. One of my colleagues has gone off on holiday today for a week so I am working for two with covering for him. I am so looking forward to my week off from 10 Dec!

• Posted

It's amazing how yday I was feeling almost normal and today I feel rubbish! I had a takeaway lastnight from my local caribbean takeaway and also had a not so great sleep lastnight and I have felt rubbish most of today. Even the low grade fever is back. It doesn't help that I have a colleague off on holidday so I am busy covering for someone else!

Hope you are having a better day than me.

• Posted

yes i just mentioned that to a friend ...this virus takes your confidence away ...but fully believe we can build it back up again once we are all well.

• Posted

so happy for you ! and yes cant wait for this 'turnaround ' i would take just a gradual feeling a bit better than some of the horrific days ive been having . im doing the celery juice now everyday which is supposed to be good . a friend who is a psychic and has been on tv said by january ill feel better hopefully ill start to see some changes in december . so ready to be RID of this !!

• Posted

Hi Kay,

Oh it is so rubbish when can't get a good sleep, I hope you had a better sleep last night and that you can have the chance to catch up on rest / sleep over the weekend for sure.

It's awful in the workplace nowadays that people are put under so much pressure, and having to deal with other people's work when they are off, etc. Kay just remember you are one person and can only do the work of one person! I hate work related stress and pressure (and all stress and pressure really!), it is never easy to deal with and can drain your resources and mental energy so much. Just remember Kay no matter what they try to put on you at work, your health and wellbeing is the primary concern right now, and if it means it takes longer for things to get done or things have to wait, then so be it - just go at the pace that is right for you right now, but I know it's so hard when there is pressure.

Definitely your week off is something to look forward to, and you deserve that so much! I hope too that you can also get time over Christmas period to be off too and take things easier.

Hoping for a good day and start to the weekend for you!

Craig

• Posted

Hi Lori,

You're so right about the confidence, I remember how much my confidence was shaken during this virus and it did take some time to rebuild. These things take time Lori, but it will return again, keep believing in yourself, remember God has got your back.

I do hope and pray so much for that turnaround and breakthrough to come real soon. Celery juice sounds good and healthy for sure! You will get that breakthrough Lori, and whether it comes gradually over a period of time or whether it is a big step forward in a shorter space of time, remember it will come!! God is the one to trust in for sure - He's the one to put our faith in!! He's not given up on you Lori, don't give up and just keep hanging in there, sometimes it's the last key on the shelf that opens the door!

Hoping for a good and settled day for you today Lori, I know it's been such a hard time for you lately, thinking about you and believing fully in your recovery still. Sending best wishes and hugs!

Craig

• Posted

Thanks very much Craig. The sleep was alot better lastnight so feeling almost normal today. Still a busy day in the office though.

I am so looking forward to the weekend to rest.

Yes, that week off can't come soon enough. I have 27th Dec off also so I will have a little break at a spa from 24th - 27th.

• Posted

You will be fine lori. I am sure your psychic friend knows what he/she is talking about. You just need to get through December 😃

• Posted

That's good you had a better sleep Kay, glad to hear that. That sounds like a nice relaxing thing to do having the break at the spa - definitely do that for yourself Kay, it's been a tough year and you certainly deserve some relaxation time!

Hoping for a good and relaxing weekend ahead for you too!

Craig

• Posted

It's true Lori that Christmas can be such a hard and down time when going through a hard time in your life, and you don't feel like celebrating anything. There will be better times ahead, keep that in mind throughout Lori - hoping for a good weekend for you too and remember be kind to yourself and do something that you enjoy that you are able to do at the moment, even if it's just something within the house that helps to relax be that tv or whatever.

Craig

• Posted

No we can't postpone Xmas. Remember the sooner it comes, the sooner you and the rest of us will feel better as I am confident 2019 will be a good year for us all.

Bring it on!

• Posted

Sleep was crap on saturday night but was party my own fault as i was up on the phone and watching crap telly so didn't make it to bed until about 2am. As a result I felt abit mashed up yday. As a result of an early night lastnight and a 9.5 hours sleep, I feel fabulous today.

• Posted

sleep is so important during our healing time ...

• Posted

its gotta be better ! 2018 was an awful year will be happy to say goodbye to it

• Posted

its gotta be better ! 2018 was an awful year will be happy to say goodbye to it

• Posted

Sorry to hear your sleep wasn't so good on Saturday Kay, you're being way too hard on yourself the weekend is often our only chance to unwind and to get caught up in watching tv and not be so disciplined in being in bed early is understandable at times! You just want to be able to live a normal life and these things are part of normal life, so don't beat yourself up, and of course just about I guess trying to balance that with being sensible and recognising where things may have an affect too. It's not easy Kay I know.

Glad you had a much better the next night, I have been lucky with sleep, the amitrypyline I take helps with that but my big problem is my bladder / prostate, up for the toilet very regularly and it's distressing that I can't seem to get by that and just hope it can get better still. Hoping that today can be a good day for you Kay still thinking about you and rooting for you, and yes for sure even though it's hard when not feeling well Christmas can be a time of hope and a time of rest too, and these are good things to focus on if we can even though it's hard when not feeling great.

Craig

• Posted

Absolutely Lori, hoping SO much that God willing next year can be a year of peace, hope and recovery for you and for everyone on the site! I don't think many on the site will be disagreeing in terms of their experience of 2018, and just praying for God's mercy and blessings going forward, that we can see and feel hope, breakthrough, progress and the Holy Spirit in the midst of our circumstances.

Lori just want to say I think you've shown courage this year, through the most difficult of times and circumstances. I know from your posts that you have been to low places, places none of us ever hope to go, but you're still come on here Lori and given encouragement to me and others and you've still been seeking God - two amazing things and I am still truly believing God is hearing every cry and every prayer and has AWESOME plans for your future.

Hoping for a good day and settled week ahead, thinking of you still!! There is hope this Christmas!

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Craig.

Yes, you are right.

It's amazing how we take sleep for granted until we are unable to have a decent night sleep. Lastnight could have been better. Despite being on a high yday , today I feel blah because sleep wasn't as great as the previous night.

Bring on tonight!

• Posted

thank you craig and yes how ive got through this ill never know ....with no family around its been so so tough . praying for a great 2019 for everybody ! we will all certainly be glad to say goodbye to 2018

• Posted

Yes definitely Kay, it's so hard when sleep is interrupted and it just totally affects everything I know. I hope so much that your sleeping pattern can become more and more settled, healthy and stable as time goes on and your body gets further and further away from this horrible time it's been through.

At the moment I'm finding it quite difficult to motivate myself to get up and out of bed, especially in the dark mornings, need to really force myself often, if only we could feel as tired as we did when we have to get up when we first go to bed sometimes!! I'm just finding things quite hard due to not working and things and trying to keep in some kind of routine as I know it's good for me, need God's help with it all though to get back on the right track, so much need that help.

Craig

• Posted

Oh Lori you have really been through it this year, and to have cope with that without family around I can only imagine must be so hard. You really have shown courage Lori, and I truly believe that with God's help 2019 is going to be your recovery of breakthrough and recovery.

Hoping you are feeling settled and stable today Lori, remember hang in there and still thinking about you each day and keeping you in my prayers.

Craig

• Posted

I can only imagine what it is like for you Craig. As much as work and my colleagues/clients annoy me at time and make my day quite stressful, I know I am not a stay at home person and would really struggle with not working. I find the routine of going to work does help as well as it keeps me moving and out and about. My darkest days have already been the ones when I want to go out and do things and can't do it.

Have a nice walk today Craig and take in the scenery and fresh air.

• Posted

Amen lori. Indeed 2019 will be better for all of us.

• Posted

Thanks for your lovely words Kay, they really do mean a lot. I have always been like that too not a stay at home person so it's been hard this last while, I do hope that God can give me the health and confidence again that I can step out into the right work place / environment with the right people at the right time. I've been guilty of allowing myself to drift too much just now, worried I've got myself into a comfort zone I'm struggling to get out of.

God has been helping me though I have still got good friends and family who able to see each day and also been part of a church this year for the first time in many years and that's been a good thing, I know I need to be more grateful just sometimes comparing things too much to the way things were before and I just hope and pray God has good and amazing plans for all of our futures Kay and that I'm not lazy and really do my best to move forward with His help.

God willing hope to manage a walk today Kay, very grateful for God helping me to do that lately and means a lot, never want to take these things for granted as it's a blessing and comes only from God!

Hoping for a good day today for you Kay, take care and still thinking about you!

Craig

• Posted

Agreeing with that Kay about 2019 God willing being a much better year for us all!

• Posted

Great stuff Craig. I too plan to take even a 20 mins walk during my lunch break today. Some days I don't feel like it doing it but I always feel so much better after I have done it.

Gratitude is very important. We should always remember to focus on the things we do have and not comparing ourselves with others and focussing on what we feel is lacking.

Yes, we all will have a great 2019. I can feel it already.

• Posted

Most definitely Kay, sometimes I've been forgetting to be grateful lately and my attitude around loved ones not been what it should be, hoping can do better with this in the future.

Hope you managed a good walk today, I went for a walk too always grateful to be able to do that.

I'm trusting you with your feeling about a great 2019 for us Kay, that sounds amazing!

Craig

• Posted

I know what you mean Craig. It's amazing how much I have changed since having this illness. It's sometimes kindly scary. Sometimes I find myself being snappy at other people just because I seem to have become more sensitive or less tolerant to certain things. I do hope this phase will pass.

Yes Craig, 2019 will be our year!

• Posted

Oh it's not easy Kay, it's certainly understandable that you would feel more irritable with what you've had to go through and deal with, I totally understand that and have been that way myself during my own difficult times lately. Sometimes I look at myself and see things I don't really like in how I've been acting and negativity and hopelessness at various times - hoping God will help us and fill us with goodness and patience and endurance and hope!

Definitely Kay 2019 I hope and pray for peace, recovery and hope for us!

Craig

• Posted

Thanks so much Craig. Very nicely said. We can be so hard on ourselves at times. Let's go easy on ourselves going forward.

• Posted

Wise words Kay!! Hoping you are managing to get more peaceful sleep this week knowing you don't have work in the mornings.

• Posted

So far the sleep has been good. Long may it continue.

• Posted

LOL, sorry, I should have clarified, it was August of this year.

• Posted

Thanks Lori. I remember your story and that you are typically an active person like me. I'm coming along, but this thing still kicks me in the butt. I hope you are starting to feel better.

• Posted

Craig,

You are so awesome. You stay so positive. I hope your health is leveling out and you are feeling better.

• Posted

Great to hear the sleep has been settled Kay - absolutely hoping very much this continues. Remember not to panic if your body feels more tired this week than even when you were at work, it's normal, even when fully well, for things to catch up with you a bit when you stop for a break / holiday, so just be kind and understanding to yourself!

Craig

• Posted

Hi Jen,

Hoping so much you are feeling as well as can be expected for what you have been going through at the moment. Oh I wish I was more positive in my own circumstances often Jen, I do try on the forums here for sure and it's really important to encourage each other, goodness knows how you and everyone else has been amazing at encouraging me and it means a lot!!

But for sure when it comes to the reality of coping with challenges on a day to day basis I've been struggling too Jen, so I do know what it's like, I have been finding it tough to apply the positive mindset and hold onto confidence, belief and hope at times too Jen - just praying God can give us all the strength and the determination and the heart to keep going and not to give in and to believe that anything is possible to those that believe in and trust God with their troubles.

Thanks for all your kind words too Jen it really means a lot and hoping for a good and settled week for you - and remember you ARE going to get through this and get better - my own experience was a very tough one with this virus but believe me Jen recovery does come, I doubted it so much too when going through this and it's so hard when you just don't know how long it's going on for and when the breakthrough will come - but it was thanks to God only that I was able to recover and you will recover too Jen, I TRULY believe that given all I know from my own experience of this thing.

Craig

• Posted

I will do Craig. Definitely not putting any pressure on myself this week. Lastnight I was up watching telly until shortly after midnight and I managed to sleep until abt 9.15am. This would never happen if I had work to go to. I feel fabulous.

• Posted

So pleased you're having a nice week off Kay, and absolutely sounds like you are being wise and getting good rest and sleep and doing all the right things! Just to not to have pressure of work I know is a big one, it takes so much out of you that is for sure. Hoping for a good day!

Craig

• Posted

Amen to that Kay couldn't agree more you deserve it, has been a tough year so go easy on yourself 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.