Was in a car accident and broke my ankle and tibula

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was in a car accident 2 weeks ago. They tried to reset my ankle twice and then ended up having to put an external fixator on to decrease swelling. Last monday i got screws and plates put in. I was told 8-10 weeks till i can start walking. They told me there is one screw they want to take out before i start walking. I have a long way to go and i am feeling so worried about if ill ever be able to walk again. At this point feels so far away. I have really bad anxiety and im more worried about the feelings when i get to start to walk and what it all feels like. If anyone can talk that would be great. Feel so alone sometimes.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I completely understand how you feel. I've been down for 8 months and have my next surgery scheduled on August 29th. In my last 8 months I've also suffered with some major depression. I have a 4 year old son to top it all off. I try to keep myself busy coloring, reading, Tv and the internet. Just a few things to keep myself from going completely nuts. I hope you have a speedy recovery. 

• Posted

Thank you so much. I hope u do as well. Its funny cuz some people i talk yo have been back to work at 18 weeks post op.
  • Posted

Ok on Monday I had my splint removed and stitches taken out. They put me in a boot so I can wash my foot. Doc said no wieght for 12 weeks at which point I need to get 3 screws out before walking.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.