waterjet abiation therapy for the prostate

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been told of a trial for this by my urologist in the uk has anyone had this done yet?

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Google the Urology Times website and look for Aquablation System (PROCEPT BioRobotics) May 07, 2016 By Wayne Kuznar .

It is essentially a high pressure (10,000 psi) saline water jet that blasts away tissue. The actual procedure is controlled by a robot. The urologist and enginners map out your prostate with the equipment and the machine takes over. It is sort of like a CNC milling machine used in manufacturing precise metal parts. It will be another arrow in the urologists quiver or rmedies.

If I had not been selected for the iTind clinical trial I would have sign up for this one. iTind falls into the TUIP trans urethral incision procedure category. I selected iTind as it looked like the easiest recovery process, went home same day, no catherter at all.

Mind you that any procedure is painless because you are drugged up, out cold even under "conscious" sedation, and will have no memory of the procedure. It is the recovery process where you will feel the discomfort and pain. Thank God for good nurses who will get your through that.

• Posted

LOL they're going to run a Haas milling machine up my pecker LOL I've been Haased

Sorry I couldn't help myself

• Posted

One thing I just saw on one of the trial websites 

Clinical trials are pending, and I suspect median lobe obstruction will be a contraindication.

Looks like median lobe guys might be out. IDK

• Posted

Opps I may be wrong with my median lobe statement
  • Posted

I just checked and Weill Cornell at 425 61st Street in Manhattan is doing that study too. Call (646) 962-4811 for more info about the study. They are some of the top urologists in the city.
    • Posted

I think I may call on Monday to see what the parameters are and if they have more information
  • Posted

I just I would bump this discussion. I sent an email to the urologist that is participating in this study. Looking to find out criteria for being included in this study.  I'll post what they tell me.

• Posted

Hi Grant Just curious, have you looked further into this procedure?
    • Posted

No not yet but after my tests i will ask more about it, it looks promising as far as retrograde ejaculation is concerned but i would like to find out from someone that has had it there must be a few out there and please if you find out anything please let me know.

Grant

• Posted

I talked to the uro that is doing this trial locally. They said the trial is full.  Better luck next time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.