Watery discharge

Posted , 21 users are following.

After having two surgeries to remove very large fibroids, it grew back a third Time. I couldn't risk a third myomectomy. So I opted for UFE in 2016. It was the best option I took . It worked well as my period has reduced from 10 days to 3days and am no longer sickly and anemic as before. The issue I experience now is watery discharge. It does not smell but really watery and yellowish in color.does anyone experience this?

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Ruth......Yes, I am going through that now.  it is expected as I was told as the fibroids begin to shrink and soften.  I have to wear panty liners of very thin pads so I don't have an accident.  I tell so, I discovered so much after my UFE procedure that I wasn't told.  I had to do a lot of research on my own and the testimonies here and on other forums really helped me understand what I was going through.  But, I tell you I can deal with this.  Unlike what I was experiencing before UFE.  This will eventually stop.  

• Posted

Hi Bella,

The same things is happening to me and I feel so confused because I do not have pain. Heavy discharge started 3 months after UFE and has been non-stop for 3 weeks now, still ongoing. I had 3 fibroids, dominant one was 11cm and inside posterior uterine wall, and other 2 were very small but nobody could tell me where exactly they were UGH WHY IS THE MEDICAL PROFESSION SO LIMITED WITH THIS?! I feel like the experience of other women is much more valuable.

How long did the discharge last for you and also, did you end up expelling fibroids at the end? If so, was that expulsion painful? How many did you have and what size/location?

Thanks sooooo much!

• Biondina
    • Posted

Hello Biondina26,

Yes, I know. I too was very frustrated with the lack of information from the medical field regarding fibroids. But to answer your question, yes the discharged did eventually stop but that was after I expelled 3 large fibroids. That was not pleasant at all because they stunk like rotten meat. And yes, before each expulsion I had tremendous cramps which I too 600 ibuprofen. But after that I was okay. The discharge stopped and so did my period sending me into pre-menopause. So, that is what I am facing now. I am now battling the weight gain from this. It is my last hurdle in getting myself all the way back.

If I can recall correctly, I had about 8 with 3 really large ones. One was so high up and was causing so much discomfort. My discharged lasted until I expelled the very last fibroid.

So hang in there it will soon stop for you as well. Inbox me with any questions. Happy holidays.....

• Posted

Hi Bella,

Thank you so much for your answer! It helps soooooo much more than any over-worked doctor who allocates a total of 3 minutes to you and then prescribes whatever they pay him/her for.

Would you be able to estimate the time it took between discharge starting and first fibroid expulsion (and how long after that did they other expel?) - and roughly how long were you cramping in pain before one fibroid came out entirely?

Did you need any help from a doctor for expulsion to be complete? Did you give birth before? So I presume 3 came out and the other 5 are just okay inside although they are necrotic?

Thanks so much for your valuable insight!

• Posted

Hi Biondina26,

I tell me about it. I got a lot more from websites like these than from my own doctors. So, the first expulsion was December 21, 2017, then the second came February 8, 2018 and the last one was July 9, 2018. They were all necrotic that is why they smelled so badly. The others that are left aren't necrotic and will retreat as they soften up. Discharged happened until mid July after the last one expelled. By the end of July it had stopped completely. I experienced a lot of cramping leading up to expelled each fibroid and no, I didn't need help from my doctor. I just felt something really hot coming out of me so I rushed to the bathroom and they just all come out.

One good thing is that I am no longer anemic. I just need to get my balance and get this extra weight off 😃

• Posted

Just wanted to say thank you for being on this forum and posting about your experience with fibroids and expelling them. It helped me so much as I wasn't finding a lot on the web on why I was having these bizarre symptoms. Turns out I had a prolapsed necrotic pedunculated fibroid that I expelled in the end. Again thanks!

• Posted

Hi Ruth,

Yes I had a watery discharge in between my shorter periods for months after my procedure in September 2015. Then a few months ago, my periods became even lighter, and I am so happy. If you're worried see your doctor but I think it's a symptom of the fibroids continuing to shrink and changing the landscape of the uterus.

• Edited

Hi Ruth and ladies,

I have not had UFE but am experiencing a similar discharge while on Esmya - copious, yellowish but completely odourless. Should I take this as a good sign that fibroids are shrinking...? Dare I hope...?

• Posted

Hi Ruth...

I ve been told when i did scan that i have fibroid,i am 35 no child yet

I have 6 days heavy flow after which i have this heavy odourless watery discharge till my nect period... plz whats the remedy coz its so embarrassing. God bless you

• Posted

Hi Jane, Did you have a UFE surgery for your fibroid(s) or something different? It seems discharge happens when fibroids become dead/necrotic which is typically the goal of UFE - and if your discharge is odorless it might not be the fibroid because that stinks like dead meat 😦

• Posted

hi everyone

just responding to similar issues I experience. the water I leak after my period is enormous n annoying. I can just be doing the dishes and vam there's the discharge. yellowish and odorless but frequent. haven't started any treatment for the fibroids though looking at April next yr wen I'll have my official leave. is it something I should worry about?

• Posted

Just like everyone else here it seems, I seem to leak water all the time. It too is yellowish and odorless, and it barely stops for a few days and then I get slammed with another period (I now seem to get them every 3 weeks or less), and it's a total blood bath with all sorts of super durable/extra strength feminine products getting soaked within 1-2 hours for the first 2-3 days.

I have had enough with my fibroids and will be having hysterectomy in 9 days. I have one teenager, so that's it for me as a baby-making factory in this world... This July I was put on birth control pills mid-cycle to lighten the period (I became seriously anemic), and it did something because I did not have a period for 2 months at all, and my body was in the state of continuous hot flashes 24/7. I was told I began menopause. Ha! Everything came back with a vengeance in October.

As for UFE, I have an old style pacemaker which precludes me from being able to get an MRI, which is apparently essential before a UFE procedure?

I am anxious about having hysterectomy, but I am really so tired of living like this the last 2 years. I am so done.

• Posted

Hello fellow fibroid warriors! Diagnosed with two fibroids three years ago, one problematic big one now 13 cm. Finally had an MRI because... you guessed it! Profuse yellowish discharge every day! MRI shows degeneration which surgeon says is causing the liquid gushing out. It doesn't smell foul, sometimes watery, sometimes globs of mucus. At times pinkish. I am trying to decide on myomectomy or hysterectomy. I'm 47 and my Mom was 51 when done with menopause, fertility is not a concern; the surgeon I saw is arrogant and I don't like him at all! He talks about himself non-stop instead of inviting my questions and addressing my concerns. Uggh! I'm seeing another surgeon next week who is a fibroid and myomectomy survivor herself. I'm hoping for more generous and pleasant conversation. The discharge is worse the two weeks after my period. My period has two days of horrible bleeding but no pain or cramping! I take tranexamic acid for the two days which helps a little. When I change tampons I can't stand up or a river of blood is on the floor. Sorry TMI but that's what we're here for! Hugs to you all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.