We are always in pain,

sick, afraid, exhausted, sad

and one more symptom

We are HEARTBROKEN Because of your Reluctance to BELIEVE AND SUPPORT US.sad 

13 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kaz. How are you this morning. Hope you are still not to upset. It must have been the day for it, my husband told me yesterday that my back was getting worse because I didn't sit with a cushion behind my back. It hurts so much to hear him say that when I have supported him through an awful lot of medical problems in the last 25 years, we have been married for 34 years and like you been through so many ups and downs.

Try and relax, I know they are only words, but they are said with love and support.

Take care and gentle hugs x

• Posted

Hi Janet how are you today? hope your not in too much pain. My husband  is struggling to cope with how I am and weve problems with our son which isnt helping matters. he can cope with work just about his job is very physicall at times and can be mentally draining. like you Ive been their for him through his illnesses. men I dont think are as strong as us woman we tend to battle on regardless. It just floored me last night what he said it hurt like hell. the 1 person we hoped would understand doesnt, so theirs not much hope in any 1 else understanding. never mind onwards upwards take care gentle hugs x
    • Posted

Hi Kaz. How are you doing today. Men you can't live with them and you can't live with them. Your right they can't cope as well as we can. We just get on with it no matter how how much pain we are in. Which probably makes us our own worst enemy. They still don't understand the amount of time, energy and effort that it takes to do what we do every day, even getting out of bed and getting dressed. Nevermind onwards and upwards with the smile on our face. I am in absolute agony with my right leg. I can't put any weight on my right foot. Am sitting here with my feet up and getting sharp shooting pains up my leg every time I move my foot. I'll just keep going and trying to move it slowly. Hope you have a good day 😊. Don't stress too much, direct your husband to the leaflet link that Les gave us. Take care and gentle loving hugs.

How's Charlie doing. x

• Posted

morning Janet well we arnt doing well between us. what with your right leg and you being in pain with it. my legs are painful and very stiff Im struggling to walk this morning.hope they soon ease up. its anightmare Im not dressed yet I feel shattered as only got 5hrs sleep last night.never mind plod on as best we can. men arnt emotionally wired like we are. we spent last night hubby I having a good chat talking about this horrid condition he said he will do all he can to support me and try to understand the condition better. charlie is much better thankgoodness hes back to his old self. I hope yours my legs start to ease so we are able to move about.this condition has no limits its just so relentless what it throws at us. never mind battle on gentle hugs xx take care x
  • Posted

Such perfect words, reflects and sums it all up completely!....  

I'm having a  =/=  day today..  fragmented and pained day..

• Posted

big hug coming your wayxx know exactley how your feeling Im having a s..t day today pain all over and very low. rest plenty take care xx 
  • Posted

Hi Kaz, I read your post re two women you had met.   You mention about having a good diet.  Well I bought a Ninja Bullet thingy and since I had been using this every day converting raw veg and fruit either milk for a fruity thick shake type drink using banana as it creates the thickness texture like a thickshake, I even add other fruits, fresh and sometimes even canned, I throw in veg and nuts to!

Other types of vege drink I use water or stock.  I also use the liquid mix for soup.  It's so easy to use and I have to say that it makes my system feel so much better, and it also takes away the pressure of the intestines and bowl from being full and pressing on pained vertebrae etc.  

It hasn't completely stopped all the issues, they are still there, it has helped my system handle what it needs to in the Flare ups and the all day every day pain and stiffness issues.  

Getting our Vit C and D is important from both fruit and veg, as much as it is to get our B's and Iron, Magnesium and Zinc..   

Banana's are an amasing food group!!  My nails grow healthy and strong for eating one a day or juicing them up in drink, which by the way keeps really well in the fridge in the good sealed cups you use to juice them and drink from.

Just a another hint of 'good positive' things to use, eat, and try...   Sadly I'm not home for 3 months and I forgot to bring my Ninja!!!  grrrrr so so so miss it.  Can't wait to be using it again!

• Posted

funny how we miss our appliances when we dont have them. I have cut out all fatty foods choclate cake trying to eat as healthy as I possibly can except every other sunday when I have aroast dinner. I love my roast dinners cant give them up completely Ive cut down to 1 or 2 a month. so thats my 1 indulgence for me.The only fruit I like and eat are apples bannans grapes melons plumbs peaches.and take multi vitamins. My nails have become quiet brittle so Im hopeing they will soon be ok again. My hair is still coming out but not as much so thats agood sign. Keep battling on onwards upwards. hope you have a good day and not too much pain. take care deb gentle hugs xxsmile
  • Posted

Hi Kaz, I am at this minute lost and in pain and unable to walk? Pain in back is excruciating. Taking deep breaths to write this. Went doctors emergency app. Told me I was very stiff! Yesterday cud walk today I can't. At loss wot to do. So are my family. Feel guilty to. Wish I had not gone docs as now it's made me feel like a malngerer? Could of decided to get ambulance if hadn't been told I was very stiff! Stiff wouldn't make me cry. Is this wot I got to face wen seeing a doc for emergency app. God it's so cruel and unfair.
    • Posted

Ohh  Julia1965 Firstly you must not feel guilty its not like any of this is your doing. you didnt ask to have fibromyalgia you dont want fibromyalgia. None of it is of your making.As for being a malingerer you most certainly are not. You need help and support and aids. I had social services involved with me as I was unable to walk and bed ridden I had carers in to look after me, I was given aids 2 comodes 1 up 1 down walking frame walking stick off physio perching stool and bath board to sit. I also had some come out from my council like occupational health I think they were called that and they come out assess you for what you need.If you cant get to the surjury you can request a call off the dr. write everything down that you want to discuss. Its very rarely i go to the surjury I ask for phone consultation. You need help and support. Ask your gp for help in getting the right people in to help you.Thats what my gp did for me. This is a horrid horrid condition to have what we go through is sheer hell. Dont be afraid to ask family friends for help support. you have us on here also, so never ever think your on your own please  dont put any blame on yourself nothing is your fault and your making. thinking of you keep me posted on how you are. big hug coming to you. xx please get that help support sorted out you need it xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.