Weak muscles, shaky body, pins and needles and anxiety

Posted , 65 users are following.

Hi, I've had anxiety for years and most of my family suffers from it. Recently I've been having pins and needles, burning feeling in my hands or feeling of numbness in my finger tips. When I wake up in the morning I feel very shaky inside and today I've felt my legs shaking throughout the day and feeling weak. I'm feeling so overwhelmed by it and convincing myself  I have MS. It's literally preoccupies my mind throughout the day and I feel like I'm driving myself crazy checking for symptoms. I've been seeing therapist for years and I've been fine for years but for some reason it hit me hard again beginning of this year. Does anyone have similar symptoms? 

10 likes, 114 replies

114 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

google vitamin b6 and b12.

You should have a blood test to check your levels

• Posted

hi Tanya,

i'm waiting for my appointment fo rth eblood test. i take multivitamin with the high dose of vit b12 so it shouldnt be that

• Posted

Yes,I wake up shaking inside,but outwardly no one would know.

AT times during the day my legs also feel as though they will give way and I live in constant fear if collapsing.No ammount of reassurance by the doctors seem to help me as I constantly think that they have missed diagnosing a serious illness.

I go to bed and wake up feeling scared and because I live alone it makes it all much worse.I spend too much time going to the doctors and they all tell me it is anxiety.I dont believe them!

• Posted

hi Wendl, it's like listeningto myself :-) i also feel like my movements are really jerky, when i look for something in my bag or try to grab something and i'm terrified it's some type of muscle wasteage. my arms and legs feel like ive run a marathon and when i drop something i panic thinking it's MS...
    • Posted

I have the same symptoms , its anxiety disorder. I keep expecting things to happen and i freak myself out . Meditate , take up a hobby to keep your mind busy . There is a natural herbal spray called Rescue , it helps me alot .
    • Posted

Tell me more about this herbal spray. Has it helped? Where did you get it from. I don't want to try meds for anxiety but something natural I may try!

• Posted

Where can I find this spray? Most nights I can't calm myself down enough and I'd really like to give this a try

• Posted

I always carry around my rescue remedy in my bag, I've got the drops at the moment but I prefer the spray, I can't go a day without using it.

• Posted

Hello Mrsk123,

How are you feeling now. I am going through same thing now. Would like to know how you are doing now. Have you gotten any better.

I also feel like I have MS or something

• Posted

I feel like I'm reading my own story for the past five months all I did was go to 2 to 3 doctors a week because I don't believe what they are saying I can't believe the weird sensations I get through my body electric shocks pains all over I shake I feel like I'm not here I'm not in my body and they keep on telling me anxiety and I don't believe it I wish I could find some light at the end of this misery tunnel

• Posted

Hi I'm a GAD sufferer too. I was having pins & needsles, burning etc all over ramdon parts of the body & it turned out to be a trapped nerve. Prolongued Muscle tension causes alot of this too. Is yours symetrical? or on one side? If on one side it's a trapped nerve but if on both it's nervous illness. I'm reading a really good book called "essential help for your nerves" I'm also reading "change your brain change your life" it goes into areas of the brain & what therapies can help. 

I hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

thank you so much, Lovely! it's so reassuring to hear that. I tend to get the burning/ pins and needles on the left side or both. beginning of this year i had pins and neeldes in my both hands - that's how this started. ive had anxiety for years and i always had that fear of dying or getting some terminal illness when my life is good but for some reason my anxiety really intensified this year, despite therapy and i;m refusing to take any medications hence me looking for reassurance online :-) . i also feel "spaced out" and slightly dizzy and i keep checking whether i can still balance myself and worry about MS...
    • Posted

I am more or less the same.I don't take medication as  I would not be able to cope with side effects which many people seem to experience..

I am constantly worried that I will be diagnosed with something serious,but am more worried about handeling something like that alone.

• Posted

hi Wendl, do you knwo what i have found strange? is the fact that whenever i was alone/ single my anxiety woudl be at bay, when I'm in a relatiship it tends to kick in! my therapist says that its my inner child playing up and looking for a reassurance from extrenal Parent rather than my own but when the external parent is not available i pull myself together!  have you tried theraphy?
    • Posted

I do see someone once s month,which gives me a sense of security.

my problem is that I grew up with many people around but in the last six years have been alone except for my dog who I lost just two years ago.

I am considering a move as the rules on keeping a pet have changed in my block of flats. I am at my worst with no one around as I am terrified That I will be taken ill an no one will know.I have no family who live near ,in fact they are in the US.I am 72.

there are many things and activities that I cando in my area ,but it is an overwhelming fear of illness that stops me.

• Posted

I understand, I constantly worry that I could have an undiagnosed autoimmune disease too! My Mum once said to me at 14 that i may have Lupus. She didn't help! It's all part of health anxiety, we're all exposed to far too much information than what we can cope with and if we've not been taught the self reassurance skills then we'll struggle. I came off meds last year but have since tried an AD that gave me an allergic reaction. I'm now on 25mg of Lyrica to help with GAd & pain, it is helping a little but only 8 days in. I'm going back to the GP today to see what to do about the depression side of my illness. I'm looking for a therapist but had bad experiences with a couple over the past 2 years & it puts me off going back for herlp. I sometimes feel like calling the Samaritian but feel stupid doing it (daft I know) because that's what they are there for. Too hard on myself. 
    • Posted

Wendl, my dogs and husband both keep me sane! go and get a recue dog- it will keep you busy and give them a agood start! it will help you take mind off things! once i get busy with things most of my symptoms just go away!

• Posted

Dinky, we all struggle with those irrational fears and it's just so reassuring that other people go through similar things as it makes us feel we are not alone! right now i feel like my hands are very jerky and i feel like i need to concentrate hard to keep them on my desk.. but then we think about the smallest activity we do and concentrate on it so no wonder we start thinking that things are going wrong! i have fantastic therapist, are you in London?
    • Posted

Hi. I know your post is 11 months old but I just read it and it reminds me of myself. I suffer from anxiety and refuse to take medication. I'm just so tired of seeing dr after dr. I'm just wondering how you are feeling today?
    • Posted

I am the same way. My Dr wanted me to try a low dose of Zoloft but I am afraid to. How have you been feeling?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.