Weakness feeling in Legs and Arms

Posted , 39 users are following.

Does anyone else get the weakness and poutty feeling in your legs and sometimes arms?  Has anyone else been having the sweats, panic anxiety and scary sensations in the chest and upper belly and weakness in legs and internal nerveness and such like non stop for a couple of months straight I have and so far not letting up! I'm trying this natural BUT it is so dang scary and tormenting!  My last period was June 2016! By the end of the day MY legs feel tight and heavy too! 

7 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hi crosado, yes yes yes everything you said. I had a severe yep months straight but has now eased up thank goodness. So scary and wondered what was happening to me. I would go to walk outside to the beach and whoa would turn around and go back home. My legs were like jelly and I though I would fall over. Internal shakes were crazy, adrenaline rushes, anxiety and just a weird feeling everyday. I cut out all sugar, wheat and ate small but regular meals and focused on myself and my needs, the world can wait till I'm through this transition!

• Edited

That's two months straight !

• Edited

Sorry you too are going through this hormonal roller coaster also I too feel like my nerves are all jittered up all day some days like someone turned in my addrenal gland to high ! And it is exhausting by the end of the day. Anxiety is so horrible days but I still push myself up and out and do what I would do anyways. And it helps. Try camomile drops for some natural relief to help calm down. It helps me a little bit I am on an HRT low dosage. Prempro. That helps too. Thank God for this board to talk with all of us special ladies Pray for us all to get through this. And look back someday and say. Whew made it !!
    • Edited

I wish I could take HRT but it gave me blood clot and shoots my blood pressure sky high to the point of fainting they had to give me quick shot to get it lower..I'm on nothing and scared to death of everything!   :-( Do thopse teas that calm have side affects? I'm allergic toi so much different meds and antibotics.

• Edited

Hi. Hoping your better today. For me anxiety is low at moment. It's always there. And I cannot wait for the end of this hormonal hell to just end 😤 You never know what the next day will bring. My blood pressure is higher since I started the HRT. But not horrible. It does help me clam down so I take it. Believe me I don't want to. Also taking a very small dose of Lexapro. 5 mg I don't think it does anything. So weaning off. But may try something else. The tea drops are made from a flower. So you could be allergic if your a highly sensitive person. I gues you can try under a dr supervision. It does help. Not 100%. But takes a little bit of the edge off. Feel good. We are all in this. So take comfort in that.

• Posted

Hi Lisa

How are you feeling now? I know this post/thread is 2 years old... 😉

That happened to my friend too = blood clots, you poor thing 😦

Did you try some natural hormone replacement instead?

I'm also experiencing everything that you ladies are/were experiencing. Our HPA axis gets completely thrown off during peri/menopause. It's SO crap that us women have to go through so much, I wish males would've been given some of it instead! (lol).

Strength to everybody here.

Louise x

• Posted

Sorry, I think I clicked on the wrong person.

Doesn't matter anyway really as we're all going through the same things... 😦

Hope you see my comment above Lisa 😃

• Posted

Omg, my brain is so scrambled! I wish I could edit my posts above because they were actually supposed to have been addressed to/replied to "GUEST".

Talk about perimenopausal brain fog!!!! Hahaha 😜

• Edited

Same here.. Im a year in with the internal shakes chronic anxiety etc... was on and off most of last year then hit big time in september when my periods stopped for 4 months.  It is easing a bit but still feel like death warmed up and like everything is out of wack.  Not having as many down crying days as i was at the begging . Its a rough road and turns you into a crazy person you hardly recognise sad  trust me your not alone x
  • Edited

I wake up with anxiety, heart racing , and legs and arms weakness. I just want it to all go away and get back yo my life. I tried to go without taking med , I was doing the kava kava tea, chamomile tea, menopause tea, but just didn't seem strong enough

I had to take the anxiety med this morning. It calm me somewhat. Also I have gastritis which could be triggering the anxiety too. Been trying to go natural with it also because the med makes me weaker but it calms my stomach alot. Gastritis came on with the peri. I want my life back!

• Edited

I want my life back too! This stuff has had me homebound for months! What med u take for anxiety and does it take it away??
    • Edited

I take hydroxyzine hcl 25 mg, It takes it away for the day but makes you very sleepy. I am beginning to get depressed . I just want this to go away. I was better for awhile and I think stress triggered it back. Anxiety had completely left.
    • Edited

Mary,

I tried kava kava tea one time. Holy moley, I felt like I was drugged. That is some string stuff!

• Edited

i was prescribed the same thing last mo th when i went to er it calms me but like you makes me sleepy for a few hours after taking it i keep having spells of being very hot in my face and ears and raises my blood pressure then i panic and im getting the weakness that you ladies is talking about started with this cycle very scary

• Edited

Thank you for the info , I feel like something is really wrong with me! I’m glad to know others are experiencing the same symptoms, I can’t even go into a store now without feeling weakness in arms and legs / and just an unsettled feeling!  It’s hard to explain but I just feel off and not my normal self , to the point of anxiety because it’s a scary feeling, hoping it goes away soon! I’m

Almost 49 and periods are touch and go , late , sporadic, heavy and then spotting !  No hot flashes as of yet but I do wake up with my head wet , maybe that’s the hot flash 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.