Weakness feeling in Legs and Arms

Posted , 39 users are following.

Does anyone else get the weakness and poutty feeling in your legs and sometimes arms?  Has anyone else been having the sweats, panic anxiety and scary sensations in the chest and upper belly and weakness in legs and internal nerveness and such like non stop for a couple of months straight I have and so far not letting up! I'm trying this natural BUT it is so dang scary and tormenting!  My last period was June 2016! By the end of the day MY legs feel tight and heavy too! 

7 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Im 44 and I e never had these symptoms until 3 years ago. They are horrible! The putty feelings in arms and legs can be debilitating. And I’m so tired but I have a hard time sleeping. I Can barely function at work.

I’m not happy you are going thru this bug I’m glad I’m not alone. 

• Edited

Hi there..

I'm 42 and have experienced and still going through all the symptoms you've mentioned.

Past couple of weeks I've experienced the weakness in arms/hands and legs - It's weird! Almost like jelly and no strength in them. Very scary.

The fuzzy head I find very debilitating and is stopping me from being as active as I normally am. I love walking and gym but this has floored me.

Hope your symptoms are improving and any advice woykd be greatly accepted x

• Edited

Dora I could of wrote your post I feel the same. This jelly legs and arms and a feeling as if I’m nervous inside is just so scary. I too love to walk and go to the gym but I can’t do that at the moment, today I’ve called in sick at work cos I’m just so weak. I feel like I have a virus eating away at my inside. Do you get nausea with this and I have no appetite so loosing weight which I really shouldn’t as thin already and could do with a bit of meat round me as shivering cold. How long have you felt like this Dora?  Sending my love x
    • Edited

Anxiousface, I am new here as I was going through doing some research to find out why I was having all this weakness, low feeling in my stomach, lost of appetite and just breaking out in sweat - Very awful feelings.

l went straight into menopause after hysterectomy in 2011 and thought I'd gotten pass this menopause but it's the worst I have been experiencing since late last year - I am 60. After doing all the tests you can think of, with all came back positive, I continue to lose the weight and the feelings come and go. I felt better for a few months and even started putting on some weight and now it seems to be back again.

I'm glad I found this forum to share and know that I am not alone. Let's pray for each other to get through this phase of our lives.

• Edited

Hello, I'm new here to the boards and just ran across this site as I was looking up some symptoms I've been having for the past 7 years. Heaviness in the arms and legs and serious anxiety that lasts the entire day. I'm at my wits end with doctors who can't seem to find anything wrong other than fibromyalgia. Ive had autoimmune hashimotos disease (hypothyroidism) my entire adult life and I'm wondering if any of you ladies have been tested for hashimotos eith the 3 antibody tests? TPOab, TGab, TSI....those are the antibody tests you need for thyroid disease. Also LOW vitamin D is another serious matter that should be tested regularly. I chalked my symptoms up to menopause and I'm quite positive that it's not helping the matter but I do know that a lot 9f my symptoms are from my thyroid problems. I was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia 6 years ago and have had that to deal with too on top of everything else. I just felt compelled to write and I know this thread is quite old but I hope and pray someone sees this and it can help someone. Thyroid panels are a whole separate test and most doctors simply dont run them on routine visits. It is the same story with Vitamin D. Do please demand to be tested....you may just find out like I did it's not all in your head.

• Edited

I have the same symptoms that everyone else is writing about. I am 43, I have always had very regular periods until about 5 months ago, then all of the sudden there is no rhyme or reason to them. My anxiety and panic are much worse the past year. I have what I describe as fuzzy brain, where I just feel off. I have seen other posts about it on this site. For the past 2 weeks I have muscle weakness in my arm, which then makes me anxious, which then leads to panic attacks... it is a vicious cycle. Anxiety seems to worsen the few days of my period and then last another week or so after. Blood tests and ob/gyn appts say that I am fine, but my doctor does suspect perimenopause. I hate to see other people with these symptoms, but it does give me some relief to know I am not alone or crazy. Thank you for your stories, everyone.
  • Edited

I just came across this post while searching for answers. I'm 47 and in perimenopause with horrific periods that are horrific. I was always very light, normal and regular with periods. I am now like a mad woman with horrific anxiety which peaks with the start of the periods. I have Hashimoto's and have suffered from anxiety all my life. The most scary symptom I've had is the week long muscle weakness I've had this go around. It's terrifying! I am so scared of MS or something more dastardly. It is pervasive and just feels like I wont have the strength to carry something or carry my own body weight. Have any of you found relief? So thankful to see I'm not alone! Any thoughts are welcome!

• Edited

yes!!! this has been happening to me fir the last two days! It scared me to death until I came across this forum! I'm 55 and I'm pretty sure I'm going through menopause this stinks! The hot flashes go on forever! So nice to know I'm not alone

• Edited

it’s nice to know we’re not alone in this fight. I’ve also had the same symptoms for the last week. Finally broke down and called my doctor today. Chest pains also make it very scary and drive the anxiety through the roof. This can be debilitating

• Edited

I had my husband take me last week. My blood pressure and pulse were sky high. I did feel somewhat better after talking to my doctor though. He feels its anxiety.

• Edited

Susan how are you now doing with the muscle weakness? Did you get Hashimoto while going through perimenopause?

• Edited

Yes this is me now. I went to the doctor today and could barely make it through the door. I had to talk to myself, telling myself "you are almost there." I cannot believe my life has come to this. I feel like one day i awoke and lost the old me. I cannot accept this. this is so hard on me. There are days i cry and cry. I feel like symptoms are at worst a week before my period and during. I had every test done and all come back ok. I suffer from head pressure and ringing ears, dizziness, feeling off balance, weakness in legs and arms, foggy brain, internal shakes, rib pain, upper lower back pain and funny feeling in throat which makes it hard to swallow and sometimes breath. Had panic attacks which slowly went away. Praying that they don't return. I wish you ladies well. So glad i found this forum. Kisses and hugs to all

• Posted

Afraid to speak too soon but the weakness has been better. I was very relieved. I have had Hashimoto's for 27 years.

• Edited

It sure does. Do they subside or go way in time ? I am in the early stages of perimenopause and curious to know ? Its making life very hard for me. Thanks

• Edited

same feeling, woke up one day and bam it all hit,how you feeling now?

• Edited

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but this can go on for years for some 😦

Please google the powersurge website.

I hope you feel better soon. I hope everybody does!

Louise x

• Edited

Hello Angie. I must say comparing to 10 months ago, i feel much better. It was hell back then to say the least. Panic attacks, nausea, dizzy, off balance gone. Other symptoms have subsided but are not as constant. When this first started it floored me to the point where i thought i was dying. Thank God i found this forum which has been a relief. I started tracking my symptoms and i find now that some months are better than others but i can cope. Mentally i know its menopause with eases my mind because not knowing at the time was driving me crazy. We all have to find the strength to get through this madness, one way or the other. I find that the less stress in my life the better i feel. hope your feeling better soon. hugs and God bless

• Edited

It has seemingly improved. Periods are still all over the place and I have a thickened lining that is not going away. I have had Hashimoto's since I was 21.

• Edited

Hopeforever, I have all those symptoms even though I went into menopause after hysterectomy in August 2011. I am now 60 and think that phase in my life was gone. I have always been saying I'm not experiencing what others were experiencing but seems it just started late for me.

• Edited

i too have had all these symptons, ive had hashimotis for 15 years and was fine on meds and the dec 2018 had all the above, only just feeling better now year and half later, i thought i was having symptons of too much medication but i feel it was a huge hormonal shift to peri however bloods still not confirming this, i could barely stand at one point with the heavy legs and my heart rate would shoot up, everything was an effort, im now on a low dose progesterone and so far doing ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.