Week 10 feeling worse prozac I give up

Posted , 12 users are following.

This is nearly week 10 now on prozac I carnt do this anymore feels like the medication is actually causing my anxiety to be more severe and I just carnt cope anymore I haven't really had any good days on this drug looks like I'm going to have to re think my options any advice I would appreciate x

0 likes, 77 replies

77 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

Keep on going you will much feel worse before you feel better.

Fluxetine are slow release so it differs from person to person the time it takes them to feel better.

I am on 60mg and can totally relate to this.

Hope you ok x

• Posted

I been on 20mg for nearly 10 weeks now feel like I'm going in a downward spiral I just carnt do it anymore if I up them and feel worse or should I lower the dose I'm constantly physically shaking I can't do it anymore I'm on my own with 2 kids it's all gettting too much now I just want to curl in a ball and go to bed although I carnt sleep it's awful x

• Posted

Tell your GP. I was exactly like that with 5 kids. I was prescribed propanolol. Might help u x
  • Posted

Dear Jane.

I’m 4.5 weeks in and my anxiety is sky high. I’ll encourage you to join the two Facebook groups regarding this medicine. A LOT of good people are in there - me included :-) 

• Posted

I will look into it Hun my head feels like it's going to wobble off my shoulders I just don't know how much more I can take x

• Posted

HI what mg are you on, I was on 5mg escitalopram, terrible anxiety and sweating in the mornings sheets wet and legs and body all slippery, coming off I think , was going to ask to be put on proazc as I am menopausel, plus no appertight
    • Posted

Jane I started taking it end of November and still feel bad it's incredibly hard my head feels like it's going to explode I took it before in 2012 and I know it takes ages to work months and months for me but when it does sit is amazing to feel well again so I hang on as best I can

• Posted

How are you doing Mona I still have horrible anxiety. I am on day 36 of Fluoxetine 20. With terrible anxiety. What are the websites on Facebook. You can private message me, if they won’t post them here.
  • Posted

Poor you!! I was increased to 60 last November, first few weeks were bad , felt much worse , then about 8 weeks in started feeling much better , two weeks ago had and still having a setback , anyone else like this!? Xx
    • Posted

Tell me about it pam it's a long runner so hard it gets v intense I been on 20th since Nov was feelin better forca few weeks but terrible this last couple it's so hard terrible headaches and stuffxx

• Posted

Oh Julie your the same is me then !! At least we can relate!! Don't get it!!, To feel mostly anxiety free for 3 months , then this bloody starts again!, Then I start to worry the meds aren't working ! I just try to get on with my days ,apart from the same old s****y symptoms ,and tell myself I'll be OK again , jugs xxxxxxxx

• Posted

Meant hugs!!!!!
    • Posted

Jugs will do got to laugh there dies seem to be lots of us mornings are a nightmare can't think feel scared don't know what to do with myself how long you been on fluox all together

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.