Week 10 feeling worse prozac I give up

Posted , 12 users are following.

This is nearly week 10 now on prozac I carnt do this anymore feels like the medication is actually causing my anxiety to be more severe and I just carnt cope anymore I haven't really had any good days on this drug looks like I'm going to have to re think my options any advice I would appreciate x

0 likes, 77 replies

77 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Jane, I am into week 11 on 20 mg and 12 weeks on lower dosages   About 10 days ago I started on a beta blocker , 25 mg,   

It took about 3 days but my anxiety is now about a 2 out of 10. I still don’t feel well but have managed a 7 day road trip. The anxiety was awful and I didn’t think I could stand another day.  I had no good days but did have some ok nights. 

My psych dr sent me to a cardiologist for an exam  and he was the one who prescribed the beta blocker. 

I hate to see you give up all this time. Good luck. 

• Posted

Thank yo Nancy I'm going to see mental health nurse in couple of days just going to stick with it for now im already on a beta blocker but has only really stopped me from sweating and my heart pounding had the most awful day the diazipan made me feel worse x

• Posted

Jane, unless someone has been through this it would be impossible to explain. I just don’t have the words. 

What ever you decide, I hope the best for you. So many people have said 12 weeks was a turning point. IF it isn’t, I will be so disappointed.

Stay in touch and take care. 

• Posted

Hang in there, prozac is slow slow slow release but a lot of users have posted here that in time, it does work.

Yes I have anxiety as well and I use Klonpin to help with that. .25 mg dose

Try chamonlie tea and natrual vatality calm, a mangnesium supplement.  Both of those have been very helpful for me.

Meanwhile, try to surround yourself with positive, supportive people.  Also katecogs has posted a lot of good first hand experience that I am sure we can all relate to.

• Posted

Thanks Ben just going to try get through next few days till I see mental health nurse I feel suicidal just carnt see no way out what so ever I have my sisters wedding in 6 weeks I carnt even have a cuppa in the house with my family let alone go to a wedding just another added pressure which I can do without right now x

• Posted

Hi jane98426

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Jane, I am a week ahead of you. Last week I was in total despair. I saw no hope and forced myself to go on a trip. I am headed home now and feel better. These symptoms  can change in s matter of a few hours. 

I have missed so many special occasions, but that’s just the way it had to be. The important thing is that you not stress out about things which only make matters worse.  Concentrate on getting better. By the time your sister’s wedding is here , you will be so much better. 

• Posted

Thank you for replying Nancy I'm not really blaming the meds I know I have had a really bad breakdown so I'm going to see a mental health nurse in next couple of days just wish I had something to relax me more diazipan makes me feel worse just feel like nothing is going to help me right now feel like I'm lacking in something I'm shaking on the inside feel terrible glad your feeling a bit better Nancy it's lovely to hear xx

• Posted

I’m currently on 30mg,3 weeks This is my 11th week on Prozac. I can relate to everything that has been said on this thread. Mornings are the worst, but I’ve been trying to take better care of myself   

Camomile tea helps. 

I see my doc today and I’m hoping she will let me stay on the Prozac. I need this to work, because on the occasional good day I feel free. 

Week 10 was hard for me but I assume that was because the dose had been increased.  

This site has really helped me! 

• Posted

Site has helped me too!  Not to spread misery but at least we can all relate to each other and provide encouragement.
    • Posted

It would be nice if All would let us know when they consider themselves well. It would be so encouraging for those os hanging in. 

I read about a lot of side effects but haven’t heard much about stomach  issues which I have. Anyone else  have this?

• Posted

YES, dry wretching in the Am most days, not always, I am fine for lunch and dinner. I chalk this up to anxiety

• Posted

Then I don’t feel as if I am the only one, but so sorry you’re suffering  too. Mine is more  of an intestinal problem making it hard to go out. That shouldn’t be too much of a problem since I feel too sick to go out. 

Some of my sick feeling comes from a full feeling in my throat which is caused by anxiety and is called  globous something or other; at least that’s what the psych dr days. 

Ben, you and the others have kept me going.  There is no way I could have made it 23 if I had not had this site to keep me on  course. I do believe if we can just hang in there, we will come out on the other side. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.