Week 10 feeling worse prozac I give up

Posted , 12 users are following.

This is nearly week 10 now on prozac I carnt do this anymore feels like the medication is actually causing my anxiety to be more severe and I just carnt cope anymore I haven't really had any good days on this drug looks like I'm going to have to re think my options any advice I would appreciate x

0 likes, 77 replies

77 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI is anyone on fluoxetine 10mg green capsules with C28 on them , as I am coming of escitalopram , and now have to start these, was week 5 on escitalopram, but I couldn't put up with the side effects, thanks

• Posted

Susan don't let my experience put you off this drug everyone reacts differently I have been through a horrible couple of years with nothing but stressful events I have always suffered with social and general anxiety so this is the worse I have felt I have come to conclusion that this is just going to take me while to get better it all depends on different people and how bad you are we are all different think most ADs have horrible side effects I have been on them for years so I know what I'm talking about please don't let my personal journey put you off we are all different I'm sticking with this drug for now and maybe up my dose soon x

• Posted

HI are you hot on this drug, and very tired only day 5 on 10mg, to say you are on week 10, with no improvement terrifies me,
  • Posted

Jane, how are you?  You were on 10 weeks the last time I read your post. I know you have young children and have thought about you often. 
    • Posted

Hi Nancy I'm still struggling my doctor has put me on a very small amount of rispiridone 2 weeks ago to add to fluxotine my overthinking has calmed a bit better I feel slightly less anxious but still no where near where I want to be I'm still struggling to be honest how are you doing Nancy are you feeling any better xxx

• Posted

Jane, glad to hear you are some better. I think you are about a week behind me. I am starting 15 weeks today on 20 mg of Flu  and 26 All totaled. 

It’s hard to say if I am better. I can do some things I couldn’t do previously, but I can’t say that I feel better doing them. Like you, I am far from where I want to be. My psych dr tells me he has known 

Others to take this long. I hope he’s not telling what I want to hear. My anxiety hits about 3 to 4 pm and lasts until about 8 pm.  During that time my whole body gets involved with stomach issues and shakyness. 

This will surely end soon for all of us. 

Take care. 

• Posted

Nancy I have suffered from depression and anxiety as long as I can remember but this has been my worst experience yet I just hope this new med does the trick glad your feeling slightly better let's hope this time next year we can look back at it all as stronger people keep in touch Nancy xxx

• Posted

Hi Jane and Nancy

i know it has been long ago but just wandering have you recovered ? Just need some support and reassurance that i will recover.

Thank you

• Posted

I stopped fluoxetine 7 days ago after 8 weeks on 20mg, I could not stand the anxiety and no real progress. Started Generic Lexapro at 10mg and hope it works. Side effects have not been as bad. Good luck 

• Posted

Lynn, let me know how it goes. I’m 11 weeks in on flu in and anxiety is still bad. You can pm if needed. 
    • Posted

Monna, I am on week 27 of Flu and starting week 15 on 20 mg. Still getting anxiety and things that go along with anxiety. Also still depressed. Hope this ends soon 
    • Posted

HI Nancy I stared end of November last year felt ok last weekend but from Tuesday it's been tough it is a slow path to wellness it seems and yes today felt v depressed it's an up and down affair

• Posted

Julie, I am in week 27 on Flu and week 15 on 20mg. Most days I have been in bed it’s only been the last few days that I have been able to do anything. Yes, it is so slow. I can barely see progress but if I look back 6 months, I can see a difference. Someone said that to get out you have to go through. We have all been going “through”; just hope we are almost “out”. 
    • Posted

Do you take anything to keep the anxiety down> I couldn’t take the Prozac anymore after 8 weeks on 20mg I have been on Lexapro for a week now. Side effects have not been bad. 

• Posted

Not taken anything else 20mg of fluoxetine from the start have phases of feeling I am getting there but it seems to come back in force hence I am sitting here in the UK early in the morning as head feels fit to burst and I am feeling upset I just want to sleep but the intensity of my anxiety is great I have a v tight head it only really relaxes in the evening it is hard not to react to it and stay calm
    • Posted

HI how long have you been on them for, I am on 15mg week 6, so hot, on top of my menopausal Symptons
    • Posted

6 months it still v tough I sorry to say I took them for a year once before and they took a long time to work but when the did it was so good I slipped again last year it is never easy how you doing
    • Posted

This is so hard Julie, you are pushing through this. I couldn’t take the Fluoxetine gave it 8 weeks. I switched to a generic Lexapro. I take vistaril for anxiety not nearly as good as a benzo. This is my 9th day and praying it works. I also take 50 mgs of Trazadone another old antidepressant to help me sleep. Sertraline worked at 50 mgs for 23 years then pooped out.
    • Posted

27 weeks on Flu and 15 on 20mg. Woke up feeling good yesterday and day before. Even worked in the yard and went out like a normal person. Today it’s back to the bed with anxiety and accompanying stomach issues. 

I think I see what might be a pattern. If I get up in the morning and go out, my day goes much better. Will try out this theory tomorrow. 

• Posted

HI there I am week 6 now up to 15mg, I could stay in bed, but have to get up for dogs, have loose stools, plus anxiety still, also menopausel which dose,nt help,
    • Posted

I have all you have except menopausal. Way past that.  Things do get better and 6 weeks is early. 

My plan to get up and go out today is not going to happen. Still in bed but not because of depression. The anxiety makes me feel sick.  It’s a tough road but I’ll stay with it for several more weeks.  

This site helps. This is an understanding audience so post anytime you want to describe how you feel. 

• Posted

This anxiety is horrendous. I am on day 11 of Lexapro yesterday was better not much anxiety.but today is awful been working in my garden. I just started having stomachaches the side effect started on Saturday. Hope you feel better later. Did you take a Klonopin.
    • Posted

My stomach is killing me too. Yes I took 3 yesterday and one this morning. 

Friday and Sat were so good.  Does your anxiety make you feel sick?

Since I had my GB out I don’t know how much is that. Yesterday I ate a lot of cashews which I should not have done.  Today I am back to Ensure. Still in bed.     I had hoped Lexapro would be the right one and might be. I think it’s normal to have some anxiety for a while. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.