Week 12 citalopram

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I've not been on here In a while because I've been feeling great! But the past couple of days I've been feeling sick and increased anxiety. I've not had any anxiety for weeks so this has come as a surprise to me. I just wondered if this has happened to anyone else? I'm on 20mg

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi leah.

Have you been on that dose for the 12weeks?

When you read other people comments on the successes they will say that 12weeks is still early days and it could be another 12weeks before things stabilise.

I have been on them nearly 5months and have been feeling alot better but I still have dips, usually only hours but sometimes days. If I am not careful I can start panicking thinking I am worse again, but if I accept them as blips they are bearable.

• Posted

I was on 10mg for 2 weeks and then 20mg and I've been brilliant. I just hope that this is a blip. Got those horrible adreneline rushes I forgot what it felt like. Dissapinted as I was doing so well. What are you ok Zoe? Are you better

• Posted

I'm still not wonderful. I still get those rushes out of nowhere, still tired and appetite not the same as it was.

I'm on 40mg now, been on that dose8weeks. I'm much better bet the blips can hit hard if I'm not careful.

Has anything triggered this blip. More stress?

• Posted

I was absolutely fine until I went on a day out yesterday 2 hours away from my house. Then when I got there I started to feel those old panicky feelings. It's odd because I was really looking forward to going. how long do your blips last ?

• Posted

Have you had anxiety about going out before?

I wouldn't say I was anxious about going out itself but I did get anxious on the build up to going out because I was worried that people would notice if I looked anxious. Once I was out I felt fine. This was only happening whilst I was increasing my doses and having side effects.

My blips now can last from a few panicky moments to a few days.

It's very easy to start thinking you are ill again when you have an anxious time.

I say to myself that everyone has moments of anxiety and worry and that I have had good days so a one off is allowed. You have to stop the worry cycle.

• Posted

Hi, yes I used to get very anxious when going out. I thought I was past that. I am feeling a bit better today actually can see myself coming through it. Thankyou for your replies smile
    • Posted

Hi Leah I'm on wk 7 and have had a few good weeks but yesterday and today I've had a few hobbley moments just wondered if this is normal 2.

• Posted

This is exactly how I've been! Hadn't been on in a while because I felt so much better, then out of the blue it's come back with full force! I'm getting the noticeable heart beats, increased fatigue, health anxiety again and the shakes at night when I'm trying to sleep it's awful. Have read before that people have the odd relapse but feels like I'm starting from square one again sad

• Posted

Hi Chelsea how long have you been on citroplam and what dose if you don't mind me asking.im on 20mg for a month and 10 for 3 wks was feeling better but last couple a days been quite agitated and I have health anxiety which isn't good.

• Posted

Hi Louise I've been on 20mg for about 5 weeks and before that 4 weeks on 10mg. The symptoms anxiety gives isn't great for us health anxiety sufferers is it! I sometimes wonder if the shakes I get is from the citalopram though as I remember when I first started the meds it was a lot worse.. just can't seem to ignore it at the minute x

• Posted

I'm exactly the same i was trembling at night and in he morning.not as bad now but last few days been not so good.i thought I would be better within a few weeks but think it's a long process.x

• Posted

It had disappeared a lot to be fair,it's all still there slightly but no where as bad as how it was when I wrote this post. It defo gives blips now and again but only lasts a few days. In my personal experience anyway x

• Posted

Hi, it's horrible when you've been doing so well then all of a sudden you feel yourself slipping back. The blip is passing for me now I'm not a 100% but I can feel myself getting better again. I'm sure this will be the same for you both. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.