Week 3 and sudden spike in anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm now a little bit past week 3 and I've had a sudden spike in anxiety. Mostly centered around my fear of derealization, and what if I have a metal illness worse than anxiety/ocd such as schizophrenia or psychosis. Last night I had a sudden bad panic attack, feeling somewhat better today but still uneasy. I'm at 40mg ...is this normal 3 weeks in? I know that fluoxetine takes a long time to work...

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi all,  How are you feeling?? I have just increased my dose to 60mg - two weeks ago - and this past week my anxiety has increased again!.  I am hoping it is just side effects of the increase??  It has taken me a year to get to 60mg, with a lot of ups and downs along the way!... I am hoping I am on my way to recovery as I feel better than I did two months ago but this increase in anxiwty is just horrible. 
    • Posted

This morning isn't so bad, some slight nervousness. I find I feel better after I take my medication and feel like it maybe wears off some later in the day? How did you do on 40mg? I sometimes worry that taking 40 will make me feel like a zombie. I heard each time you go up you'll have anxiety. But it should even out around week 5?? That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

• Posted

Today has dissolved horribly into near constant anxiety, spaciness and just feeling emotionally blunt. I feel like I can cry and get mad but I feel no joy in anything. My bf urged me to take a klonipin which I did because I feel like I'm spiraling into a dark place. I'm exhausted...I really am starting to wonder is 40mg too much for me?? I feel overly medicated today ...

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that Claire. I hope tomorrow is much better for you. 40mg does seem like a lot to go straight onto but also you could be withdrawing from the zoloft too? When do you see your doctor again?

• Posted

Ivet decided that I feel overly medicated...today is awful, I feel hazy and spaced out. I have zero motivation and I can feel my anxiety clawing at me but I feel as though I'm unable to express it. I have already cried to my mom and forced myself to take a klonipin. I feel like a robot going through the motions. I work as an artist professionally and the past two weeks I have done nothing for myself, I feel no joy in my art and just go through the motions of my job. I'm completely uninspired...the first few weeks I felt great! Like I was my old self and was happy and planning things and going out. Mid week 3-4 I have felt extremely anxious. With 0 interest in anything. I'm in constant fear again with some derealization. I feel like 40mg is too high that 20mg would be okay. I feel so unlike myself and my fear of psychosis and schizophrenia has completely taken over. I'm exhausted and have been sleeping poorly and have been having horribly vivid dreams...I see my phyciatrist on Tuesday so I'm going to tell him I feel this is too much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.