Week 6 - looking for some hope!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi folks

I'm on week 6 of citalopram and I'm quite nervous as I am still really struggling with the heightened anxiety and depression. I am at work still after having been off for four days when it was really bad. I still feel terrified all the time and every task feels so difficult and anxiety enducing. I really hope this gets better as currently I feel like I won't be able to cope again and that's terrifying me. I am in a high pressured job and have fewer responsibilities right now to help me recover but it's not getting easier. I'm panicking that I just won't be able to cope in this sort of job in the future.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and any feedback from anyone else who has turned a corner and starting to feel better.

Thank you

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Also.... I have gradually been increasing my dose since June after a bout of depression. I went from 2.5 to 5 to 7.5 and now to 10mg.

Its taken twelve weeks, but I am beginning to feel much better. Still a blip here and there. I'm writing this so you can see how long it's taken. You're halfway there. Hang in there 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.