week 7 on fluoxetine - no hope

Posted , 21 users are following.

Really not happy with the progress on the fluoxetine, I'v been on 20mg now for 7 weeks and was hoping to be back to my normal self by now. I am also on 80mg propranolol. Is it too early days to change the dosage or meds really hoping for more improvement.

Thanks

2 likes, 482 replies

482 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

How are getting on Abi?
    • Posted

I am feeling a little bit better its taken me a week and half to get over the blip I'm back to not being good and not being really bad so I just say just ok. Hope this is some sign that the meds will work just worry that they are working at there fullest and I need a increase.

• Posted

That's great you should be happy with that! Cos last week you were feeling terrible. Hopefully onwards and upwards from here. And you shouldn't be worried about an increase if that's what you need and will make you feel heaps better. Prozac goes up to 80mg so if you increased to 30mg that's not high at all. But hopefully you continue to improve over the next few weeks.

X

• Posted

Hope ria I really hope so had another ok day with only a few bad patches. It's the negative thoughts and worries that are bothering me at the minute.

Will see what my gp says at my review about increasing.

How are you?

X

• Posted

That's great!

And are you still going to therapy? Cos that should help with the negative thoughts and worries.

Yep my mood is a lot better!! Still have abit of anxiety but it's ok. Gonna give it another month and if ts still there I will increase to 30mg

Xx

• Posted

Yes still going therapy I have one session a week and feels like it takes ages for it to come round.

That's good then I think I will be at the 15-16 weeks stage when I next have my review so will see what my gp says.

X

• Posted

I've only just found this post but it's made me feel slightly encouraged. I've been on 20mg now for 7 weeks. Was prescribed it for major anxiety. However although after the initial wobbles with shakiness and fatigue it has definitely helped me to feel calmer it has left me feeling very low and lacking in motivation. In fact some days I struggle to get going at all and once I've dropped my son at school have just gone home to bed. On the surface of it my husband and friends may not notice anything as life is ticking over but I just have such an inner feeling of despondency and gloom that I can't snap out of and which I didn't have before I started on these pills.

Do you think I should continue on them for the time being and see if things improve or should I go back to my GP?

Kt151 ????

• Posted

Hi kt151 is forum has been a life saver for me so I hope it can do the same for you, people on here have helped me stick with the meds for so long I'm on week 13 now of 20mg and after having a major blip at 12 weeks I am back to feeling ok but not amazing and not really bad but it's very up and down.

I would say give it longer but thats only from the advise from others on this forum. I have been doing mindfulness meditation to try and help lift my mood.

X

• Posted

Thanks for your words of encouragement abi28. I'm feeling quite strange and out of sorts but will stick with it for the time being. Some years back when I suffered a death in the family I was put on Sertraline and actually felt

considerably better than I am now. If i continue to feel so low I may be back to my GP to change. Just feel like there's nothing to look forward to and am finding it so hard to motivate myself - so unlike me.

• Posted

I no exactly how you feel after a few good days I'm back to feeling like that it's so horrible. Actually looking forward for my review to see what my gp says

• Posted

Struggling again. Feel down, worries and negative thoughts are quite bad and iv got a really bad headache.

Has anyone else had this it seems when I have a bad headache it triggers my anxiety.

Thanks

• Posted

Abi28. Sorry to hear you're having a bad day. It's a complete roller coaster ride isn't it? 😕 Trying really hard to keep myself feeling positive today but my anxiety is giving me the jitters and I'm finding it so hard to concentrate. I'm hoping a walk with the dog out in this sunshine will be a distraction. Keep strong and take good care.

Kt151 🌸🌸

• Posted

Iv been out with the dog and then tried to keep busy but iv got a banging headache so I'm resting on the sofa feeling quite low again.

I seem better when I'm at work but when I'm not at work I feel worse it's strange.

It is a lovely day hope you have a good rest of the weekend

• Posted

Hi Abi, I have a headache right now! Had a horrible one on Thursday night too, id say they're definitely a side effect of fluox for me, I'm not really 'the headache type'!

• Posted

Oh Abi that is exactly how I feel. Whilst I don't feel great at work I feel better than when I am at home. It is completely hateful. I am also finding my anxiety is absolutely crippling first thing when I wake up but eases off during the day. I really hate feeling like this thank goodness for this forum and you guys otherwise I would feel so alone xx

• Posted

Just want all this to stop it's been over 13 weeks now and still not better really don't understand it all

• Posted

It's weird isn't it I actually dread the weekends because feel like I'm really bad at the weekends and better but not good at work.

That's the same for me as soon as I wake up the thoughts start then when I get up it's like there still there but further back in my mind.

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.